Watch Dogs E3 Lite Mod by TXGT

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by txgt, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    I dont could check it, but did you take a look in enviromentfog.lib, DLC_01_M06.xml
    maybe you could find some values wich are responsible for daytime.

I cant actually. didnt have much have atm.

2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I don't understand the fog xmls there, it all binhex...
    I actually have an idea - turn off the sunlight completely in clear preset then copy the values in some unused E3 xml preset. Tomorrow I'll test it and we'll see what happens.

3. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    another idea.

whats about comparing

an xml from sky.lib and enviromentfog.lib

maybe we could found similiar values to differenciate what is night and day.
    (just an idea, cant check files until monday)

4. kekuncias

kekuncias Member

GPU:
    GTX 760

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    So here it is:

Watch Dogs E3 Lite Mod Foggy Edition TEST VERSION

I decided to release it not as v1.3 but as a separate version. It is based on v1.3 though which I'm still improving. Both versions coming at the end of this week.

Now I'm giving you the test version that have only Foggy weather all the time. You won't see rainy or sunny days in Watch Dogs anymore with this patch :D

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/u...gs_E3_Lite_Mod_Foggy_Edition_by_TXGT_test.zip

So It's mostly ok:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But in some places (on the high hills or lower ground) at noon or midnight you can't see sh**:

Noon:

[​IMG]

Midnight:
    [​IMG]

While in other places it's ok at noon or midnight:

Noon:
    [​IMG]

Midnight:
    [​IMG]

I used the fog from "DLC_MC06_Storm" preset, it's less intensive than "DLC_MC06" and more balanced in terms of visibility.
    And I used my own Environment Lighting preset.
    About how I did it read the next post.

7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    So my idea was to make very foggy weather appear occasionaly in Watch Dogs. And in order to do that I created my own 7th weather preset in windy_city.xml.
    And made my own xml in "environmentlighting.lib" called "Foggy_Lighting.xml". I could just use one of the supposedly unused xmls like "E3.Clear_Lighting.xml" or "Relaunch2012.Clear_Lighting.xml"
    but I didn't wanted to take any chances, so I created a new one. I based it on vanilla's storm lighting "E3_2013.Clear_Lighting.Stormy_Lighting.xml" and made some changes to sunlight and reflections intensity.

But this was just a half of what needs to be done to make this new Foggy preset actually work in the game. So here's what I did.

Most of you already know what this is (notice my foggy preset already inserted there):

<EnvironmentEvents>
    <WeatherPreset>
    <Settings>
    <WeatherSettings Name="Foggy" EnvironmentSettingName="Foggy" fThresholdValue="0" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear" fThresholdValue="0.1" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.4" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.4" fThresholdValue="0.2" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.6" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0_Cloud0.6" fThresholdValue="0.4" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0.01_Cloud0.9" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0.01_Cloud0.9" fThresholdValue="0.6" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Clear_Rain0.5_Cloud1" EnvironmentSettingName="Clear_Rain0.5_Cloud1" fThresholdValue="0.8" />
    <WeatherSettings Name="Storm" EnvironmentSettingName="Storm" fThresholdValue="1" />
    </Settings>
    </WeatherPreset>

But I don't know if you fully understand what the "ThresholdValue" actually is. So here's what I think it do.
    Below those Weather presets we have the "Automatic Weather" section. It have 50 "Knot" values like this:

<Knot Value="0.14,0.6,-0.00423446,-0.0966387" Info="6.2832,1,0,0" Type="0" /> (activation line)
    <Knot Value="0.14,0.6,0.00908479,0.207333" Info="6.2832,1,0,0" Type="0" /> (deactivation line)

And they are responsible for weather changes and probability.
    The first value (red) in the Knot Value line is the "Timeline" and should not be changed.
    The second value (blue) represents the "Threshold Value" of the Weather presets.
    There is always two Knot Value lines with the same Timeline value: the first line is the "activation line" and the second line is the "deactivation line". So the Threshold Value should be the same in "activation line" and in the "deactivation line".

Also there are a couple of things that should be kept in mind if you wanna make your own weather behaviour:
    1) For example, if you set the Threshold Value to 0.6 in the Knot Value lines the game will use the "Clear_Rain0.01_Cloud0.9" preset (according to Weather Preset section above).
    But if you set the Threshold Value to 0.55 in the Knot Value lines it will not fully use the Weather Preset that have the Threshold Value="0.6" in Weather Preset section and will mix with the Weather Preset that have the Threshold Value="0.4".
    2) For example, if you set the Threshold Value to "0" in one pair of Knot values and to "1" in the next pair of Knot values the weather will not instantly change from "Foggy" to "Storm" (according to Weather Preset section above).
    The game will go through all of the presets that are between "Foggy" and "Storm" and activate them first one by one before it activates the "Storm" preset.

So I gave to my Foggy preset Threshold value="0" so it will make the transition to "Clear" first and not launch the "Storm" in between. I think that way it will be closer to natural weather behaviour.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  8. kekuncias

kekuncias Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Probably there is some way for activate it, probably the option is off.

9. Marduk

Marduk Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780m
    Hi, i hope i didnt overread it in your post, butr youshould also add

Code:
    <EnvironmentSettingsContainer Name="[COLOR="Red"]Foggy[/COLOR]" fRain="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" fCloudy="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" fLightning="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" envlightingsettingsEnvironmentLighting="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" envlightingsettingsEnvironmentLightingCG="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" envfogsettingsFog="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" bloomsettingsBloom="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" colorgradingColorGrading="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" ssaoSSAO="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" windenvironmentsettingsWindSettings="[COLOR="Red"]***yourChoice***[/COLOR]" />
    in the EnvironmentSettingsContainer list.

i tried it a few month before and get buggy shader and render issues, but i dont edit a lib for that....good idea

;-) http://89.188.28.128/showpost.php?p=4925952&postcount=33

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Yeah I know, I added it. It wouldn't work without it.

11. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Heads up! Performance Versions coming this week!
    "Level of Detail" will be the only thing that will be downgraded to Vanilla level. Everything else will stay the same as in my main versions.

12. geoman88

geoman88 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF
    Txgt can you tell me aproximately if your E3 lite mod is "graphicly" equivalent to maybe "the worse" or "Lunayah Enhanced", i like the pics of your mod and i don't want custom textures for the game, just the effects, is that what your mod is doing compared to the other mods ?

And sorry for my english. Thank you for your answer.

13. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Graphically it's about the same. Some things are better (like Tree reflections or Draw Distance), some things are equivalent to Vanilla (like Water or Tesselation). The main difference between my mod and theirs is that they have made their own Colorgrading, Environment Lighting, Fog, Wind, Bloom and Strong DOF. And by default they don't have my E3 2012 L-Train light effect (in their mods the light from the Train isn't visible on the ground or buildings).

14. ThatGuyOverTher

ThatGuyOverTher Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980
    what is the E3.Clear_Lighting binhex value that i can use in the windy city xml???

I have made about 9 extra weather presets and they all work correctly
    and i would like to make a E3 preset with a edited working E3.Clear_Lighting.

15. geoman88

geoman88 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF
    Thank you for your quick and clear answer !

16. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You can find out by using this tutorial, it's the same with Environment Lighting:

17. Whieheit

Whieheit Guest

thank u mod it nice

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  19. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Sorry for the delay of v1.3 and Foggy Version, I'm still improving them.
    Definitely will release them in the next few days.
    Here's the changes you can expect in v1.3:

- Changed "Storm" Environment lighting:
    *Removed the Sunlight on the ground
    *Increased intensity of the real-time reflections
    - Changed "Blackout" Environment lighting:
    *Removed Sun Lensflare apperance during Blackout during Daytime when Raining or Overcast
    *Real-time and Static reflections don't fade during Blackout during Daytime when Raining or Overcast
    - Improved Overcast Weather preset
    - Slightly changed the color of Headlight Lensflares and Car Dynamic Light

As you can see v1.3 is not that "Lite" anymore as the previous versions, but I like it better.

20. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G