Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Interesting, but doesnt make much sense even if its like Crysis 2, released and 6 months later patch with new DX support which would just make people delay their purchase, but again its interesting all the same.

Another delay? that makes 0 sense, not saying its not true but why keep on making press releases of delays rather than just saying its coming December 2015 and leaving people to deal with it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well Rockstar cared so much with MaxPayne that they made it DX11 and added extra tessellation, guess with GTA5 they're capable of doing such DX12 stunt.

3. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    If they delayed it for DX12, why wouldn't they mention it?

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    The root of all these problems is the fact that we are notified of upcoming games in the works way, way too early. If they simply avoided telling anyone of a PC release until they were certain that final build would be within a reasonably short 2 or 3 months if that, then notify to say" hey, here is the PC version, release date coming soon" then wait until it's finalized before giving the release date.

It's not wise to just drag out news articles, features, pics and video's for a specific platform a year or several years early. Like ID did with Rage, they released info and pics some 3 years before it released.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That's why I loved how Flying Wild Hog announced Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior.
    Roughly two or three months from release, we got the announcement, name... and images.
    Their stance on only announcing the game when it's on track to hit release... is the best way to go.

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    It's not going to be polished. We all know this. It's Rockstar we're talking about. It's getting delayed because it's completely broken right now, and they're trying to rush to get it to be "acceptable".

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The naivety and the short lived memory of some amuses me.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    If you judge by GTA4 yes... you would be in the right frame of mind to believe it will be a steaming pile.

But, remember, (and I hate Rockstar, horribly overrated developer IMO) their last PC release was Max Payne 3. And that is a great PC release. Wonderfully optimized, stable... tons of options to tweak and play with.

9. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse

I don't care if they delay it till 2016 honestly, i have a lot of games that i still haven't played and don't care that much about GTAV. It's the attitude i'm against, constant delays announced after months of silence. They should get their **** together and announce a final release date even if it's 2016.

10. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop
    DX12 implementation rumor is true. it will be amazing. I'm ready to wait more for such innovative features.
    This will make the game future proof. The online aspect with constant updates as we are seeing now on consoles, will keep us playing this game until GTA VI arrives.

As they already had to delay game for such a long time, I think they decided to make it more appealing for PC Platform by making most of it graphical possibilities.
    Please add tessellation too!

This shows that developers are not lazy, they want to bring polished game and at the same time they are adding new features for our platform. We can only be thankful, not every developer would do this :)

11. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Don't expect DX12 in GTA V. Windows 10 isn't even out yet.

12. Havel

Havel Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4080
    If GTA5 supports DX12 i'll buy it now

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah .. a properly working DX12 implementation, ie. not like how Arkham City was back in the day, will seriously make me consider buying it - sale or not.

I'd like to know if there was any truth to the rumours about additional DRM on top of steam and social club or if it's only for non-steam copies. Heck, Social Club doesn't function properly in my region, I couldn't even add the keys to Max Payne 3 DLC in RSC. Additional DRM would only complicate it further. If it's merely locks on the files like Dying Light, it's okay I guess.

14. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
    Where's ur sources

15. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Dunno, but he predicted the last 2 delays a weeks before, if it is May I doubt i'd even care... with Witcher 3 also in May and Arkham knight in early June.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    He said march16, which wasnt March 16. And everyone could wild guess that its gonna be delayed.
    Also Windows 10 issnt out yet and dx12 support easly can be patched...

And looking also at his other postings here... :stewpid:

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    He is just a troll, don't bother.

18. urbanman2004

urbanman2004 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC
    ur just lame, do us a favor and play in traffic

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Pretty much this.

It doesn't take much to predict delays when there's little official word and say "im nvidia engineer" as proof.

20. jeliozver

jeliozver Member

GPU:
    ASUS 1070Ti 8GB
    Probably only DX12 part is true. I really doubt they are that stupid to delay the game again 10 days after they announced the April 14-th delay. Like they had no idea they will want to complete DX12 support as well before releasing.
    But who knows i won't be surprised to see another delay.
    If Online Heists for consoles is not out on Match 10-th its for damn sure there will be another delay.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.