Parking wars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, Feb 22, 2015.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Excellent idea - to block their car.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Hell that stupid; having bunch of your friends on a slumber party, risking their cars because of 1 ashole:
    "HAHA we sure taught him a lesson, Cheers everyone. That will teach him not to mess with our boy."

And then when HE invites HIS friends over, OP will have to what... have a school reunion??

3. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    I'm a bit confused, having recently moved into a situation whereby one parks on a street my thought process is that if you are not blocking a driveway or right of access then what is the actual problem?

If it really boils your piss this much I would try to have an amicable chat, however they aren't really doing anything wrong.

If they aren't using it thought, it does beg the question why do they have it still :-/

ETA - Tesco deliver? The van driver can work the parking out :p

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    read the OP, the person is not available for an "amicable chat", they're either ignoring the OP or they run away.

So the "amicable chat" is out of question, clearly.

The problem here being... I wouldn't want a stranger blocking my front view with his fugly car. Especially not when he has vacant parking bays/space outside of his own house.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Get it towed away .. say it's yours and broken down or something lol.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    The neighbor is parking in a public space.
    He's not doing anything unlawful, immoral or really that much dickish.
    Move to a mountain if you don't want looking at someone's fugly car.

And come to think of it, yes OP should proly be amicable because he's the one asking for favor

7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The person the OP has an issue with has parking space in front of his own home that he does not use. It might not be illegal, but it's an arsehole move. If you'd bothered to read it's clear the two are trying to piss the OP off by their actions.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    without knowing the regulations, let's just refrain from saying he's not doing anything wrong.

From my experience, it's pretty common for houses in towns to have allocated parking bays. In the UK, anyway... Might not be common where you live, but you know, there's a world outside of where you live.

Even if this is not the case, I'd be annoyed if someone living 5 doors down from me parked outside my house, especially if they had space outside their door.

9. Frances

Frances Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti
    I can't say he is doing anything illegal, but it is very dickish. This guy may already live on a mountain.

I think I found the neighbor.

10. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Thanks for referring me to the original post, it may surprise you to learn that I did read it. The amicable chat is perfectly doable, Extraordinary obviously knows where they live and could simply and politely (what are you doing to make them run away, they could be deaf? :p) make his gripe known but again if he is parking legally and car the is taxed, insured and MOT who cares.

I really dislike the petty English way.

11. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    So your advice to OP is to not doing anything, to be a vegetable and let those obviuosly ahole neighbours to do what they want whever they want? Way to go buddy, great lesson how to success in real life where can be found a lot of asoles on every corner. Some rude people don't know when to stop until one day when you show them your teeth. That was the way I was teached how to act in those situation and in a lot of situations that was the only way to solve the problem.

So before you advice OP to call his aholes neighbours to the coffe read once again what OP has wrote in first post. Problem clearly exsists and if I was on OP's place I would shurely do something and not act like a weak granny.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm not sure if you missed the part of the OP where Extra says how he knocked on their door already.

He has been trying to make his gripe known by knocking on the door or trying to engage them in a conversation.

Who cares? The OP clearly cares. And so would I if someone did a dickish move like that to me. And it's clear from many a response in this thread alone that a lot of others would not be happy with the behaviour of the owner of the car.

You might not care, Noisiv might not care, it's all good, why don't you just roll over? I simply wouldn't accept to be a pushover in most cases, this being one of them. It's simply unacceptable for someone to be a dick for no apparent reason.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I like my local laws. If your car is parked in front of someone else's house for more than 24hrs, it can be declared an abandoned vehicle and be towed. Local law also says a car can't be parked on a public street for more than 24 consecutive hours.

Leaving a note on their car is about all he can do at this point. He should check local laws and see if there's anything he can do.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Hahaha "show them your teeth". By summoning all your friends... with cars?
    Any of my friends does that - and he'd be the laughing stock of every party for the rest of his life. He'd NEVER recover

NOT A BAD IDEA! I agree.

Yes it comes from living in a town, with people...
    Note that the ashole neighbor is actually not transgressing on any of OP's rights.
    Hence a little courtesy might go a long way.

You shhure sound like a granny. And you are preaching to the choir.
    But you are quite funny, don't go away :D

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  15. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Not going anywhere, waiting for you to teach us here that it is always better to close both of your eyes when someone finds himself into situations like this and problem will be gone, like it never happen, right... Wait, let me lite some weed and sing a song instead if you: "...all we are saying is give peace a chance...".

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I like the idea of bread crumbs on the whole car. Birds will schitt all over it.
    See what I did there? Do it every time they park there.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    idd... it's million times better to close your eyes than invite

because some guy parks his car in front of your house. That's so pathetic it hurts.

As for pushover, I've never been accused of that. I like it :D

18. CrazY_Milojko

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Sadly, some people never learn...

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    CrazY_Milojko, your chicken *schit idea reminded me of this:

Me and my friend are going to school, and my dad tags along. And I see this guy from hostile street, with whom I had some very recent beef, so I give a chase.
    And my friend joins in. Not that I needed any help, but yeah...

So I tag him to the ground and we give a lesson. Then we go back to my dad. And he says WTF was that, ey??
    -You know... he's an enemy, and he was talking trash to me
    -You little schitt, who the hell does that. 2 against one??
    TBH I cant remember if he had hit me, or just belittled me. But it sure hurt.
    Then again he had no problem beating the living sh1t out of me AFTER I had been beaten by an entire gang.
    His explanation - you're either stronger, OR faster. And since I failed at both I deserved a punishment

So yeah... call few of my friends with cars because the guy parks his car in front of my house?
    RIIIIIIIIGHT. My dad would fukin kill me :D

20. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Fully agreed, a good way to wind up the @sshole!!!