AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    They wouldnt be deleting threads and post if people were acting like stupid jack assed spoiled 12 year olds. It honestly pathetic.

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    The only reason I went from 7950 crossfire to a R9 290 was that one of the 7950 died. I wasnt gonna invest in another even for $120.
    Cause honestly Id rather spend the $100 extra to get my R9 290 4gb and get a second one later.
    I really never had any issues with crossfire or drivers while running 4 monitors with 3x1+1 eyefinity.

3. fasor

fasor Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GForce 750Ti 2Gb
    i think, that WHQL will be released in the middle of the next month (Battlefield Hardline 17.03, GTA V 24.03)

AMD can release RC of that driver this week (or next week) cause that driver should be already compiled (or very close to it).

That is only my opinion based on GTA 5, cause if AMD will not have GTA 5 (the biggest PC release of last few years) driver at the start - it will be epic fail.

4. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

New Windows 10 build comes out this month, probably Thursday. AMD was working on Win10 driver and there is a chance they don't want to release driver to the build which will be outdated soon and not used anymore (9926). So if they release this driver there is high chance it can work on all supported OS.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega

As of now, with Win 10 and the WUpdate issues with the AMD drivers, it will not matter if they release a Win10 driver or not. Right now win 10 constantly wants to "update" to a much older AMD driver. It is quite a PITA to get the Omega Version back on your system, and even when you do, you do not know how long Win 10 will allow you to keep it, before "updating" again.

No I am not complaining as I know Win 10 is a technical preview, and this is not AMD's issue.

6. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Oh no, not another.

7. learners permit

learners permit Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt
    I've been following this thread for awhile now. THANK YOU to those of you who have remained on topic and get a life to the rest. That said I'd just like to comment on my experience with this driver release. I am experiencing no issues with AFR, VSR ,and/or any filter settings. Having recently upgraded from 7970 Xfire after years of faithful service i had the unique opportunity try this release on both the 7970's and the 290X's and had no issues with either set of cards. Granted I do not buy every big title game on day one and expect to have zero issues. I did experience some stutters initially while playing far cry3 with vsr cranked up but this was solved by afterburners custom fan curving to alleviate the thermal throttling incurred by the extra load vsr was producing. Admittedly I was on the fence about the upgrade to the 290x's after reading all this but my fears were put to rest and I'm very happy with the purchase. The best advice my father ever gave me was to believe half of what you "see" and none of what you "hear".

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Just disable automatic updates/driver installation. That's one of the very first things I do ever since Windows 8 decided to go ahead and install the WU AMD driver without even asking me.

One rule I like to follow is to not trust Windows to do anything right/optimally automatically.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Won't be long now.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah!
    I was right, they ARE coming! :D :banana::banana::banana::banana:

11. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    This does not quite work in Win 10 TP...believe me I have always done that. There are some registry hacks however in Win 10 TP using them breaks other things for now.

12. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I can't recall exactly how I did it, but I think I just installed 10 TP without an internet connection, installed Catalyst, and then connected to the internet. That way, automatic WU doesn't present the driver.

I think there's also the setting under System Properties > Hardware (something like that) for Never downloading device-specific drivers.

13. Yahyoh

Yahyoh Member

GPU:
    AMD 5470M
    lets hope next driver wont break more things instead of fixing things :rolleyes:

14. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    This driver causes my card to shutdown while the OS is running after 30-40 minutes of use (no matter if at load or not). It seems to power back up but I get no display and have to completely restart the system.

The previous beta drivers work just fine for 8+ hours.

Also, on any driver I use, overclocking brings a significant reduction in performance (aftburner/overdrive).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  15. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    So according to another forum the 15.200.xxx driver set is available right now through Windows Update for Windows 10.

Grain of salt of course.

Also, sorry if already posted.

16. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

I'm uploading to MEGA the driver downloaded via Windows Updates on Windows 10, however it will take some time (1Mb/s upload speed :p )

DriverVer=02/04/2015, 15.200.1006.0000

[Manufacturer]
    %ATI% = ATI.Mfg, NTamd64.6.3, NTamd64.6.0, NTamd64.6.1, NTamd64.6.2

17. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Waiting eagerly :p

18. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    cool I will wait but please post as soon as you uploaded it. If this works on windows 8.1 then you will lots of happy people here

19. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    What forum?

20. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB