Performance Patch for Dying Light

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Sunset, Jan 31, 2015.

1. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I have the feeling Dying light also really really likes strong single-core performance.

Would kinda make sense with the single-core 99% usage bug at launch.

2. Alvaerus2014

Alvaerus2014 Guest

GPU:
    970 4gb (****ed to 3.5)
    Well as a matter of fact im using the full slider on view distance option, maybe that's why we have different performance, but even if I lower the slider (Maybe half of it or a little less) performace improves but there is no way I am having constant 60 fps on this game, it changes a lot, 25, 35, 46, 55, 60 is a weird game...

3. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Lower the view distance, it seems awful CPU-bound and the fx 8350 does not perform well at all in dying light. Difference between high view distance and low view distance is only far in the distance and the difference is usually either high detailed mountains with buildings or somewhat low-detail buildings. Might look like an eye-sore but it bumped my fps by a whole 10fps and I don't even consciously look to the end of the map except at roofs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqVv5xQ5eo

4. Alvaerus2014

Alvaerus2014 Guest

GPU:
    970 4gb (****ed to 3.5)
    Ok man, thanks for the tip.

5. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Another performance patch V2 now in W.I.P. Test

6. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    You have DOF and SweetFX again...can't get you man.I'd like to suggest (for the last time,I won't bother with your thread again as it seems) that you should demonstrate a vanilla game's patch and not with other stuff (that you wrote that you won't release to public)
    Anyway.

Fps seems worse than your previous patch or maybe it's just Utube's fault.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  7. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    1° i have static DOF and my valour are shared, it's no Dynamic dof, 2° Sweetfx is a simple preset can you do it, 3° My fps are increased at 60-100 but is 1080p and anyway i can not remove sweetfx preset every time i made a video...

8. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    That makes total sense to me Sunset. I don't think anyone else would remove their video tweaks or other mods just to show off their performance. People just need ignore everything else and focus on what you are showing.

9. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Just to let people know and I am positive some of you know this. You can take Sunsets mod and rename it to Data3.pak and it will still work. Anything placed in Data3.pak will override any other game settings and is now the preferred spot for mods since update 1.4.0., Sunsets is no different. Both pak locations do work but the data3.pak makes it easier to remove since all you need to do is delete it.

10. Alvaerus2014

Alvaerus2014 Guest

GPU:
    970 4gb (****ed to 3.5)
    Hi, if you want someone to test it ill be glad to do it like I did before, just send me PM.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ok man, fair enough.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Cant you just post link in your first page and stop teasing people? Thanks.

13. Alvaerus2014

Alvaerus2014 Guest

GPU:
    970 4gb (****ed to 3.5)
    Do you want me to post a link in my first page of what!? Please explain, I don`t follow...

14. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    the message was reported to me, anything is written, not read the name of the user, but now I'm being targeted ...:D

15. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    when I create something I need to test it and see if it works, and I need someone who has the desire to try it, that's why I ask some testers

16. Nuk1e

Nuk1e Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980Ti Strix
    Anyone with a powerful enough gfx card can run this game @ 60fps in 1080p.

17. REQUIEM8

REQUIEM8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5go
    Agree but for the preset no men, not everyone can do the same as you. Take a look: http://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...-in-game-screenshots-will-make-your-jaw-drop/

Yeah I can download sweetfx but how I can do the same preset ? I can't only an advanced users can and it's not sure.

18. Sunset

Sunset Maha Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 3070 TE OC
    Yes, but I got that result by my personal presets, I'm not a wizard, I simply used and configured values according to my taste, as I did for Watch Dogs, Assassin creed Unity, Lords of the Fallen and Dragon Age Inquisition ... and I can not remove sweet-fx to create the video, when the video is only used to verify the performance ...

19. REQUIEM8

REQUIEM8 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1.5go
    Yeah I know, for the preset used in the video no probleme.

20. Alvaerus2014

Alvaerus2014 Guest

GPU:
    970 4gb (****ed to 3.5)
    What about that tweak when, after starting the game Ctrl+Alt+Del, uncheck all cores in affinity for dying light process and then check only core 0, accept, and then check all cores again...Anybody founD any differences on performance because I can`t notice anything...