Call of Duty Advanced Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Shady757

Shady757 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX 970/GSYNC

Defender wont load for me, defragged and have the settings that supposedly slow it down off. Luckily, Mosh Pit seems to have it way less often (if ever?) than TDM.

Also getting this strange mouse jittering that moves the mouse extremely too much in the direction I tried to move it. (And it's obviously not input lag, using G-SYNC)

This game has also started to piss me off with supply drops. Constantly getting clothing and dumb cosmetic items instead of weapons that are actually useful.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    "Previous" means "all games prior to the current one", not only Ghosts. Ghosts and MW3 were by far the worst parts of the series.

I never had any map glitching / not loading with any of the "better" titles, or any major balancing issues. Among these, to me, are games like Black Ops 1 & 2, World at War and Modern Warfare.

@abjectblitz: The game isn't even listed among Steam's Top Ten anymore. CoD used to be either #1 or somewhere around 1-3.
    AW has ~1000 people less daily than BO2. "Loads" of players, to me, would be a number around 10 times as much as we see right now. It used to be 20 times as many when MW2 and BO1 were new.

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I simply dont play it. Its not like the originals i am used/like.

Too futuristic. :(

4. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    ???AW and even ghost still have lots of players i poped ghost back in the ps4 the other day and there where about 30k players online

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Dont really care what place it is in steam stats, as long as there are couple thousand European players and I can always find a game it's good enough.

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If that's the case, fine. But usually it takes a while for me to find a game, it's even impossible to find a game when I'm trying to play with friends.
    So no, I'm not even close to happy with the number of players.

I don't play TDM though, so I'd always search for either a mosh pit game or some tactical mode.

Well, guess what? There's a console sub-forum for a reason. Obviously, I'm talking about the PC version.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  7. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not sure why you have trouble finding players, I get in to moshpit games pretty much instantly unless I play 5 in the morning during the week.

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just because other CoD titles stayed on a "top ten" list doesn't mean Advanced Warfare isn't a good game. And it specially doesn't mean it's not better then other CoD entries.

Now, true, I don't play online. Ever.
    So, my opinion is based solely on single player.... but, it's still my opinion and is valid in the concept that everyone is allowed their own personal preference.

But, AW is better then Ghosts (duh) and all of the Modern Warfare series.
    Sorry but Infinity Wards entries in the series are the weakest parts. Treyarch has been delivering the best entries with World at War and Black Ops.
    And thankfully Sledgehammer games managed to deliver with Advanced Warfare.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    See, i don't mind either. It's just that the number of (currently active) players is crucial for online multiplayer, especially with such a dreaded lobby system.
    I also didn't say it was a bad game, just that it lacks polish (multiplayer), something that can hardly be denied.

Abjectblitz: try playing with a ping limit reduced to 80 and search for Hardcore games. Usually I get like 1-2 results, or zero when playing with buddies.
    Even standard lists like momentum are almost impossible to play. Or the Atlas Gorge map, for example. Never seen it.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Not to be "that guy".... But there isn't exactly anything saying this sub-forum is specifically for pc gaming, either.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Don't try to be a smartass. It's a PC forum with all sorts of subforums, one being a console gaming subforum.
    Why would, or should, the default forum *not* be for PC gaming? ;)

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    "Games, gaming & Game-demos"

As another way of looking at the situation... what would be the point in having two different threads about the same exact game in two different sub-forums simply because it's multi-plat? Makes more sense for a multi-platform game to be in the GENERAL games thread as opposed to the console-specific one.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Platform-specific problems, tweaking, modding... just to name a few. Even developers/studios usually have platform-specific forums.

Multiplayer has a lot of platform-specific issues, for example, and I think we saw that already. So mixing all these things together wouldn't really make sense.

PS: Looking at the front page of this site, is it really *that* hard to see it's a PC site? ;)

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

The only reason I got this game on PS4 was because I could get rid of it if it was a total piece of $h!t, and after playing a few online rounds it does appear to be just that guy with the highest ping wins by default. this game is going back to game stop.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well every COD game since BO or earlier (I didnt play MW2 and MW3) had this bs mouse jittering, BO2 also, Ghosts also.. They fixed it with BO2 after 4-5 months, but Ghosts is still a mixed bag, needs fps limiter.

Idk are they stupid or what.. To "get rid of it" you need to cap fps on top of game fps cap, if COD AW is using max 90fps then try nvcpl fps limiter @ 90fps or with MSI AB.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Mouse "jitter"?

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes in COD Ghosts I have to use mouse smoothing + fps limiter on top to fix it.. It was the same in BO2 at first, but later they fixed it.

It makes the camera viewing jittery (judder) and inaccurate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us3vZrOV2Uw

18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I've not experienced jitter since COD4, and that was only on my old hardware.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    :)I never had any issues with COD4 or COD5 on old x48 or now, only COD BO, COD BO2 and COD Ghosts had/have this problem..

Also in COD9 - Ghosts I have to use nvidia fps limiter 90fps on top of engine 90fps so its Really smooth or 60 + vsync.
    RTSS 64bit fps limiter causes streaming stutter, its the only 64bit game so far..

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I never really had that. BO and BO2 felt great from the beginning on.
    I had that with an older mouse in COD 4 though, as far as I remember it wasn't anything but a sensitivity issue though.

Today I play with low in-game sensitivity (below 1) and around max dpi of my mouse (~4-5000).