Download Nvidia GeForce 347.25 WHQL driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 22, 2015.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Did anyone check the Kernel Timer with this drivers ?

using LatencyMon you have Intterupt and Kernel Timer options to see.

I have 970GTX and 970M on Asus G751JT. using the 347.25 on both.
    On laptop I have windows 8.1 x64 and Desktop 7 x64

I have insane high kernel times.

Everything on desktop is very very slow

Can anyone check ??

I think that's why I have sluggish mouse movement.
    [​IMG]

Even without the benchmark behind, the Kernel Timer is the same. but everything is very very slow if you alt tab

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes, this sucks. Its only working when you exit the game and restart it then, so like you didnt change the reso ingame but in the config before starting the game.

3. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    These drivers have been terrible for me.

I see multiple crashes when working and rendering in Sony Vegas 13, with the 'driver stopped responding' message. Same in War Thunder, which also happens to freeze the entire PC instead of properly restarting the driver.

EDIT: Happens almost every or every other time. This is during Vegas rendering;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Can anyone test this ?

Run PotPlayer with Madvr + CUVID in Lav FilterVideo with MKV movie (x264) and run Heaven 4.0 benchmark.

You will notice on the upper right corner ( in Heaven 4.0 ) instead Mem: 3505 Mhz the standard non overclock speed of a 970 , it will go lower to 3005 Mhz , any reason for that ?

5. da_unique

da_unique Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX770 + GTX670 (SLI)
    Heres mine: http://imgur.com/4lJpT7A
    No problems I think (first time i run this program though, so not sure what to expect).
    Heres another which ran longer: http://imgur.com/4KU7En6 :banana:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  6. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    Lower your CPU and/or memory overclocks and try again. The display driver crashing is easily caused not just by GPU stability, but CPU/memory stability. People don't like me telling them this, but it's the truth. It's easy to blame drivers though. If that helps you, then by all means continue to blame the drivers.

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Why you run GPU stress benchmark with high moded video player?

8. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Then it's just weird that the .25 driver has been the only one doing it, and I just reverted to 347.09 and it stopped completely. Already done over 25 renders without a single problem, plus played War Thunder for 10+ hours with no issues, which would usually end up in 3-4 crashes at at least. This is the first I have ever had driver crashes doing rendering in Vegas. If the Memory or CPU was the problem, it would result in a BSOD.

And people not 'not liking you for telling them this' probably has more to do with your attitude and obnoxious delivery method of the information, rather than the information itself.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    He is right, some drivers push certain system parts differently, and these 347.25 & 347.26 are both more tough on the system, especially system memory (cpu mem controller).. I've seen it in the past with old Q9450 & DDR2 and now few times..

10. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Yes, he is right. However we'll see with the next set of drivers, because I've never in my entire time with Nvidia seen a non-CUDA enabled rendering in Sony Vegas crash the drivers - Why would it? It's 100% done by the CPU. Even a game, that isn't very performance heavy, locked at 60FPS, crashes the drivers randomly. Sometimes after 3 hours. Sometimes before I even start my very first match.

I see little evidence why my system would suddenly have become unstable. But as mentioned, we'll see the next drivers, because I have zero intention of downclocking my 100% stable system in both benchmarks, stress tests and otherwise, because ONE driver is crashing.

Also, question out of pure interest, how are these drivers tougher on the system? I saw little in terms of performance gains.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ok I understand..

Btw not downclocking, maybe just some extra fine tuning. I would have a double check @ VCCSA - cpu system agent voltage and raise for 0.010 - 0.020v+ (its ram, pcie controller voltage part)..
    Yeah sounds a bit silly, although I saw it myself too, both 347.25 and 347.26 are more cpu OC/ram timings sensitive then 347.09 and stress my system a bit different.

12. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    But if the voltage fed to the system got unstable or was insufficient, wouldn't that result in BSODs, freezes or lockups? Don't think a 'simple' Nvidia driver crash and recovery on the desktop would be the only sign of that.

Well, I already downgraded and have little intention of going into full investigatory mode for one driver. If this continues to be a problem in the future, we can narrow down whether it was my system or the driver itself :)

Thanks man.

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    not sure, I don't think It happened with my Radeon, it suppose to be multitasking, but well, if a 300$ card can't do that so what can, right ?

14. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    Anybody else getting a "GeForce Experience has encountered an error and must close" error?

Seem to be every time it checks for updates, which annoyingly is every time you open it! Have tried a reinstall.

EDIT: As per other thread, is due to release notes containing weird formatting. Fixed for English US language users, still broken for others...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  15. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    Same here (980 sli). I've reverted back to 344.80.

It's almost as if Nvidia subtlety scales back performance with each driver release hoping people consider an additional gpu or upgrade. :banana::banana:

16. mansonfamily

mansonfamily Member

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Ventus OC
    wrong post

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  17. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Put this in system config for ryse....no more fps drops :)
    Was dropping to below 60 but with this tweak never drops below 80fps with 1.5 ss.

sys_highrestimer = 1

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    What about this, apparently it can help too.
    r_FullscreenWindow=1

I had it in autoexec..

19. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Yeah..I've not tried that one but I think I am in fullscreen mode anyway so not sure how it would help?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Not sure anymore, but I remember one guru3d member saying it - for stabler fps.