nVIDIA GeForce Forceware 347.52 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Guru01, Feb 10, 2015.

1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Many people use it just for nothing, i mean, for that placebo game optimize settings. If u use it for recording, then yes.

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I use Bandicam, the best.

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Well I've not come across any game that doesn't have a profile included in the latest driver and IF it doesn't, I just use Inspector...ah sorry, Veteran beat me to it, yea same thing.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Since there is no way to discover what profiles were updated (except for check every profile before and after update, which is no way), I don`t care about profiles update. Also aside from application profiles there are 3d-surround (or stereo - I don`t remember) profiles which do updated too. (I don`t know whether SLI-profiles are the same as application profiles though.)

Thank you.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Agreed. How can nVidia be so blunt and not see this problem? Wow a popup said that something was downloaded, click here to confirm...and...what?

ADD and info box that says what was downloaded for Christ's sake. How hard can it be? Otherwise I don't see any reason to keep GFE since I don't use ShadowPlay. I'm only interested in the SLI Profile updates.

6. tofupup

tofupup Guest

GPU:
    970M 3GB

I'm having the same problem with GeForce Experience crashing. The above workaround worked for me, and I can go to the drivers tab for a second or two, and then it will crash. After that, it will crash every time, until I apply the above workaround again.

As long as I stay away from the drivers tab, it appears everything else works.

I went through and did a full uninstall of all GeForce drivers and Geforce experience, and reinstalled them from web site downloads directly from Nvidia, and the problem reoccurred.

7. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    I'll give these new drivers a spin later, the GFE issues don't bother me as I never install it anyway.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Gotta be driver glitch with GFE. I say this because I tried 2.2.2 and 2.2.3 and the same happened. Crashed it but it stayed open.

I'm positive its not GFE it's self but the driver acting up WITH GFE.

9. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    so far so good.

Dying Light works like the previous driver, and FC4 gives me a better
    performance than .25 .

keeping this set for now.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    So the way to go is to uninstall GFE, then install the package without GFE and prosper? :) A future update of GFE will probably solve the problems which can then be installed stand-alone.

11. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Yes I know -and do- that. I am speaking for the profiles that are updated(or added) between driver releases. You remember when Nvidia was providing an update thing via control panel (some years before) ? That was the cleanest way to update all profiles but now we are forced to update only for GFE ( I say again, between drivers releases).

Another example is when you don't want/need to update the main driver but you want to add newer profiles and the updates for the current ones . I did that using 347.09 and took the new/updated ones from 347.25 via GFE.

I also did that now via GFE and using 347.09 I have the new Evolve profile

[​IMG]

Anyway,GFE for me is only for adding new or updated profiles,even from newer drivers(we all know that a newer drivers is not always a better one..),I don't use any other stuff that it provides and never had any problems with it.

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The profiles that they do update in between via GFE are mainly SLI profiles.

13. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Quick temp fix for the GeForce Experience crash:
    Set the value for LastTabIdx in the user.config file to 0
    Avoid the driver tab at all costs, if you click the driver tab GFE will change the value to 1 and keep crashing until you edit the config and set it to back to 0 or another tab value:
    Code:
    <setting name="LastTabIdx" serializeAs="String">
    <value>[COLOR=red]0[/COLOR]</value>
    </setting>
    Location for user.config:
    Code:
     %localappdata%\NVIDIA\GFExperience.exe_Url_tgm3mttmt5itflhj0kykoi5xkjy53x4g\17.13.3.1\
    The string value on this foldername might look different on your system: GFExperience.exe_Url_tgm3mttmt5itflhj0kykoi5xkjy53x4g

14. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    ^ Yep that works for now thanks.

15. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Yes we were able to reproduce this also. We are testing a fix.

16. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    You know I had the same issue, still have to some extent. Whilst that driver fixed my VLC issue I still have that issue in certain games, MGS: Ground Zeroes and Metro: Last Light for example.

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Manuel is it true that added or updated profiles during drivers (via GFE) are only for SLI users ?

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It is related to fetching info for the release highlights.

19. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    You would have a hard time prying this one from my dead hands :) Well hope these drivers do not have the same issues as the latest offerings, I am still on 344.75 which have been good but would like to up.

Well if you stream to a HD TV over HDMI and would like to SPDIF it can come in handy.

I do not understand installing just the driver and PhysX as I can not live without HD Audio :bang:

Hard to believe that GFE is so beloved. The world comes tumbling down, page after page after page. +1 to not installed you guys gave me a better way to turn off the LED on my card.

Regards

20. GPUSMUG

GPUSMUG Guest

GPU:
    980 Ti SLI
    Need GFE nowadays for Shadowplay, SLI updates, and to control led on SLI bridge. Sorry old heads. There isn't a performance decrease with it installed so I really don't care.

How does this bug even get past QC..