Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I'm closer to this opinion on the movie myself. To me it almost seemed like Carey was "trying too hard" to make it happen, when the first Dumb and Dumber just came naturally. Some of it just came across as forced. Not to mention they ruined one of the funniest parts by releasing it themselves before the movie. Why any director would want to ruin the complete intro to their movie, I have no idea.

It definitely had it's moments and I enjoyed it, but in the end, I was pretty disappointed.

2. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  3. lukiboss

lukiboss Member

GPU:
    3650 mobility
    This movie is ****, dont waste time on it

4. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    the new Hobbit is fantastic, totally amazing.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lucy, not a bad movie by any means in fact I was enjoying it until the last twenty minutes when it suddenly hit me, I am watching a live action version of Akira here, complete with weird mutating monster thing at the end of the movie.

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I loved Lucy until the last 20 seconds... then I got up truly pissed. It had so much potential. If you really want to see a live action version of Akira go watch Chronicle.

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Watched Unbroken last weekend, 8.5/10.

Truly amazing movie!

8. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  9. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    anyone seen 'match'?

10. lubomir

lubomir Guest

Lucy - 5/10 Started off not too bad. The idea is a good one. But on a whole, executed poorly imo. Could have been so much better.
    Still..... better than monstrosity that was 'Under the Skin'.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared- 8/10
    Great movie. Definitley worth checking out folks. And like most flicks, the books supposed to be even better.
    plan to watch it again soon. Its one of those films.

FURY- 7.5- I really liked this. I could feel my heart going a litle at some scenes. Gets you going. Quite a long time since ive had that. With suspense etc i mean ...Gripping, might be the word.

John Wick- Solid 7/10- Actually better than i was expecting. Good film. A bit cheesy at times. A slight hint of Jason Statham type movie, but it gets away with it.
    Occasionally felt Reeves wasnt the right person for the role, but yeah pulls it off with a decent performance. If your a dog person youl get it lol. Recommended :)

American Sniper- meh/10. Disappointed.

Secret world of Arrietty- 9/10
    Great film. Think the kids should like this, or maybe 'too boring' for them these days lol
    Recomended for adults aswell. Well, i dont have any kids lol.
    But i got hold of this and the wife loved it. I enjoyed it too.
    Japnese animated take on 'The Borrowers', if you remember that. If not..... welcome to a new world :infinity:.

Up next, ive got to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel, Predestination & Book of Eli (which ive seen before). Much love for DW. Great movie if you didnt catch that when it came out.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Interstellar. What a movie. Amazing. Shocking.

I read they didn't use any green screens while making it. I know what green screen is but what it leads to ?

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  13. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    oh another remake. :wanker:

14. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I know this isn’t a new movie, but it is “newish” and I am wondering if anyone has seen it. Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal. I saw it the other night and was really impressed! I found it to be very well cast, and Jake is improving leaps and bounds as an actor imo. The movie had a dark, creepy feel but was really good and engaging imo. Thoughts, opinions on Nightcrawler?

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    The Equalizer, the part where you are starting to think wow this is an awful like Taken is actually the part where you end up thinking wow this really isn't like Taken at all.

Really liked it, plus love how you're still not told anything solid about the main protagonists past.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    25mins into Whiplash. Bloody good movie. I never did like that guy as an actor till now.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    John Wick - simply one of the best action movies I've seen in years. Also, Keanu looks freaking awesome for his 50 years of age.

18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Nightcrawler was very good, the main character reminds me of someone I know.

The Equalizer was a good action flick.

John Wick and Whiplash I'll put on my to see list.

19. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It was really good movie tbh. I was surprised, tho the cgi blood at times. :D

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Though typically dont like one-man army movies, John Wicke was good entertainment. Would have preferred someone like Vin Diesel for the role, Keannu R doesnt fit the part very well imo.