Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    yep it looks like more than a freaking lot of improvements ^^

thanks there !

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Still have no plans to touch this for a while (such a waste of money :( ) but that is impressive, hope they keep it up.

3. geoman88

geoman88 Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF
    *o* all those changes..

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Unfortunately, I sort of have to agree with you.

This game, although I believe will achieve greatness, is one that I regret preordering (early access). And is making me really consider not preorsering any more games in the future.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    T
    There are many more games that you could pre-order that are terrible beyond the point of even playing again. I actually enjoy the game along with many others, its all I play. Even gta 5 I dont bother with on ps4. Its all a matter of taste.

I do agree that there needs to be more content and parts of the game steuctured differently. But they are doing exactly that so just give it sometime.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Whats so bad about this game? Length of development, lack of something?

Hell i have way more issues with star citizen horrible bugs, overprices store items and ships, nerf before you fix systems approach. Half the weapons mounts on my owned ships will not accept guns they should be able to fit. The other half of my guns i cannot swap unless i pull mounts off other ships and one costs overs $100 to get.

So lets compare :p.

ED seems to be coming along well of late early on i had doubts but its shaping up nice. I still would wait and see with most games period. I got harassed into SC and its ok but there alot i question about the whole affair.

Assetto corsa is the best early access game i been part of. But i been lucky with most there has been good dev community communication, consistent and meaningful improvements and updates, and the games have been playable throughout.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Star citizen has along way to go. The reason why I dropped out and got a refund is because I believe it will become pay to win. Not at first but once people know how to play it the game will become much harder to acquire items for free which will affect the ingame currency depending on how its developed. This could force people to pay for ships to win. I could be wrong but I doubt it and the price they are charging for ships is absurd.

Sc promises, ed delivers, that's way I see it at the moment.

8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Assetto Corsa and ED are both very high quality games. I say they are the 2 best games on PC right know. There's nothing on the console than can compare with these 2 games! Be happy to be a PC gamer..

I said a year ago ED will be better than SC in the end.. So far it looks true!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

The whole voyager direct thing might paint things that way but i think everything will be available in game out of there except some rare ship variants, many players hate the vd store and want it gone.

The main problem i have with the store is like the ships you should be able to melt and reinvest your $. Especially considering everything is in flux nerfs buffs etc omni 6s the end all be all of weapons must be nerfed because arterilly is horrid ammo counts too low, guns spool up.....

Some real to my mind insane developer design choices.

They are adding a way to rent or something in game to buy vd weapons supposedly coming with 1.1.

The whole store is too expensive.

Bugs buggy patchers.

They seem to be making moves of late the test universe servers have been up, just missed the tail end of the last round sign up issues then patcher issues that made me re dl the game for the 5th time or so.

Next few months for both games should tell alot, hope sc improves a ton tbh.

10. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    I upgraded to an Adder w/ 26 cargo and started doing the Lave --> 39 Tauri route. About to pass 2 million, and can't wait to save up enough to upgrade to an Asp, outfit it, and start exploring.

Thanks Veteran for all your great advice :)

11. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You keep on with this nonsense but really have nothing to back it up.. its pure conjecture and I feel like its uncalled for. Just because you beleive it does not make it even close to being in the realm of "truth"

You say it has a long way to go? So does ED.

SC Promises, ED Promises. ED Delivers? Not Offline, like was stated in the kickstarter.. also, ED has many things its missing still whether you choose to see it or not.

Cmon Vet.. do us a favor and at least try to be impartial. People come into these forums and read posts like yours and develop an off-kilter opinion of these games and I feel like it needs to stop. You are happy with ED and wish to support it.. and that's great.

But please, do us a favor and leave SC alone since all you seem to ever say about it is negative.

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah what i say is speculative but trust me i will bookmark this page and show it too you in the future to prove that im right! At the end of the day you keep bashing ED which tbh you can bash all you like i dont really care. However at the end of the day you keep coming out with the same nonsense also "Wish i never purchased ED" blah blah blah. Also if i want to give me very experienced opinion on how i think SC will turn out then i will in the ED thread which i have done. You talk about ED being this and that blah blah blah.

What about SC, i see that as being pre pre pre pre pre alpha and moving at a snails pace with regards to development. The combat sucks..."Fire for 5 seconds, wait for explosion, rinse and repeat type of dogfighting". Its not even a Dogfight lol. ED may not be perfect by alongway but it has the perfect sandbox to make a fantastic game in the future but at this present moment in time...... Like i said before Star Citizen promises, Elite Dangerous delivers.

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ we're talking about opinions here, and that's fine. If what you say turns out to be true, great.. I will be the first to eat that crow. Until then, it IS speculative, and unfortunately doesn't offer a whole lot..

All I'm suggesting is that you try to lay off the trash talk.

When I say I'm disappointed that I got into ED early, that doesn't mean I think the game sucks.. it just means I feel like it was a waste of money when I could have got into the game later, for less money, when there was more content. How can this be construed as bashing the game?

you seem very touchy about this title.. numerous times you've come to its defense saying "They will add more, just give it time" yet in the same breath you point the finger at SC saying that this and that is taking forever and that they are making promises they can't keep.. just seems pretty ironic to me.

Listen, bottom line, I'm not trying to convince you what to like, I'm just saying that we have two great space sims in development atm... when in the last 10 years could we say this?

instead of being so biased toward one side or the other, why can't we just be happy for both? this ED vs SC thing to me is really childish, and I just wish that coming into this ED thread doesn't continue as a "fawn over one game and bash the other". Just reads poorly to me..

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Go check the early pages of the SC thread and you will see that i praised the game to a high level and pledged alot of money towards it.

As for typing....well....Whatever man, ill say whatever i want, if you dont like what i type then put me on your block list so you dont have to read my posts. Its as simple as that.

Also there is Limit theory and No mans sky which im also looking forward too.

On a side note i do think your an alright guy Scooby, i can tell by the way you post but tbh i really couldn't care whether you play ED again. I have GTA 5 on PS4 which is great but i cba with it, dont mean others will not play it to death.

Its a matter of taste so when you keep going on about how disappointed you are with ED then thats fine, i respect that. Like ive said in earlier posts if you dont like it dont play it, sell your account or do whatever with it.

I gave my opinion on SC just like you gave yours? Did i quote you? No i didnt.
    Did you quote me? yes you did.

Dont expect to trash talk yourself and quote others without receiving the same back.

I may talk about SC in defence to the ED bashing but at the end of the day i did something about it and got a refund.

Also you wont see me talking negative in the SC thread as ive already done so aloooongtime ago. Unlike you who keeps coming over here and sprouting the same crap about how you wish you never bought the game blah blah blah.

If you cant handle that then put me on your block list, i can assure you i will not lose any sleep over it. Do as you will.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It all comes down to personal taste in the end.. what a boring world it would be if we were all the same.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No problem, good that your making money. An ASP at founders world if your a KS backer will cost around 6 million cr.

An ASP anywhere else is around 6.6 million cr.

A fully Kitted out ASP with all the top upgrades will cost you around 25million cr + ontop of the original ship pricing. Its too much of a jump. Go for a Cobra or Viper, depends on what you want too do.

There are some more new ships coming in the next newsletter so i hear.

17. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I am confused at why you're so bent out of shape, as shown by what you are saying. I never said anything to offend you, yet your response is pretty rough back to me.

I'm not about to block you as I respect what you have to say, even though I may not always agree with it.. however, after that post, I respect you a bit less, though clearly it doesn't appear that you care. And no, you can't say whatever you want on these forums.

Its too bad that you don't seem to be able to respond decently. Maybe its me who you need to block since you are finding my posts to be such "crap", as you put it.

Anyway, enough derailing. Out.

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well i think saying one game in alpha state fails and another delivers is pushing it so we need to step back a bit right there.

If SC were in beta it would be another thing.

SC is lacking in a ton of areas that will get addressed in time i hope.

ED i assume is lacking things and has its share of bugs.

The major difference between the two is one is a sim and the other is arcade at lest to this point.

lest i do not think sc used full neutonian physics and gravity effects, momentum vs velocity inertia etc seem simplified, i do find SC flight fun. And with decent expensive weapons shooting npcs can be fun.

But the bugs lack of any type of balance between weapons systems erratic nerfs and bugs just make the thing fall way short of where i feel the game should be at this point.

1.1 seems to be the promised land for SC 1.02 got patched in game forced me to redl 22 gigs of client again....and the black out issue is off the charts which most suspect is bugged because all ships have it now. soooo yea.

It might be time to pack it in and not play for another few months till they sort things out. :p.

19. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    From what I hear, the Asp is the best ship for exploration and QOL for deep space runs. It's just a goal I've set for now. Once I can actually get into the asp and fit it with a decent jump range, I'll do my trading runs in it, and so should be able to increase the speed at which I earn. Also I'll only be putting power dist and FSD to max; everything else will be the lightest, best D class components to max jump range. Power plan will be lowest class A component for heat. Except for the scoop. Need a good scoop.

Otherwise i"ve read an Adder with its 27ly range is a pretty good starter explorer, and the adv. disc. scanner is only 1.5 mil. If I get bored of the grind, I'll switch up to that.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Cool.
    Ok best jump drive and power plant your looking at around 11 million cr for both i think. Fuel scoops ive seen go for crazy amount of credits and i cant remember exactly how much the best one was but i think it was over 10million cr, not too sure on that. You can get a good one that will fill the Fuel tank rather quickly for around 1.5m.

Keep your trader and keep another craft for whatever you want to do i would.
    I've kitted out my asp for combat although I could make it explorer combat trader if I wanted.

@Scooby like i said, i think your an alright person, if i came across to you all offensive well i didnt mean too, although sometimes it may come across that way well its just the way i am. Dont take it to personally, i still think your alright man.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015