Lawyers homing in on Nvidia after GTX 970 Memory allocation Claims

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zais

zais Guest

GPU:
    law enforcement attorney, you may need them someday whether for your rights or others, do not generalize, that's not accurate

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  2. mku_i

mku_i Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb
    Actually "an NVIDIA" is correct grammar. It's about the sound the word makes, not if it actually starts with a vowel. Nvidia themselves say "an NVIDIA" - see http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_faq.html

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    fail of the day ^

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Your going to heck using the Lords name in vain. That more than makes up for 20 bucks in 5 to 10 years.

5. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    :wanker::wanker::wanker:

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This is oh so wrong. There has to be an injured party.
    We are buying image rendering device from Nvidia, not academic paper nor technical information.
    Hence nothing BUT performance matters.

OK lets see how $15 actionable false advertising looks like:

“Intel used its enormous resources and influence in the computing industry to, in Intel’s own words, ‘falsely improve’ the Pentium 4’s performance scores,” the suit alleges. “It secretly wrote benchmark tests that would give the Pentium 4 higher scores, then released and marketed these ‘new’ benchmarks to performance reviewers as ‘independent third-party’ benchmarks. It paid software companies to make covert programming changes to inflate the Pentium 4’s performance scores and even disabled features on the Pentium III so that the Pentium 4’s scores would look better by comparison.”

7. BadAssMusician

BadAssMusician Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EGPU
    At least provide some free AAA Games or something for this! I do have 2 GTX 970s in SLI so I want to get everything out of my money I paid for.

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I am thinking that they should use some kind of hardware authentication mechanism to verify claimants 970 ownership, and then send the game code to verified 970 owner

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I recommended that in the thread with the nvidia rep in it, Last time I will do that ever again. The crying was relentless.

10. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    YOU need to go back to school bro.

11. usoldier

usoldier Member

GPU:
    7900XTX
  12. sirrith

sirrith Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    "A" GTX 970, "AN" Nvidia GTX 970.

13. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090
    IKR, it's not even hard. It has a vowel sound so "an" is correct. FAIL.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Dammit all I wanted to do was bash nvdias face in,now I want to throw this lawyer in a compost plié. ok ok that's bad ok ok how about we just smack all the ceo's in the face with a ...a ..a mackerel
    hey wait was that a interney felony? oh crap not again

15. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Where did you go to school at?

It is an Nvidia Geforce Gtx 970

Its a GtX 970. So you get a F and need to go back to school.

The right thing that Nividia needs to do is off everyone who took part in this lawsuit give a free upgrade to any future Nvidia card of their choice. I know that this will never happen but it should be done.

16. lumpkin

lumpkin Guest

GPU:
    16gb
    I saw this Google Adsense ad last night and posted it to several forums. Guru3d was the only one to pick it up as a news story. Hilbert/Guru3d truly are consumer first. I appreciate that very much. Gamespot deserves kudos as well.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    and the spaceship of their choice would be even better IMHO

18. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Me, personally? Not at all. My card was bought for it's GPGPU performance. Had that not been confirmed by another member here, I wouldn't have bought the card. This card for gaming is, on average, only 5-10% faster than the GTX660SLI it replaced. However, it's up to 4x the combined GPGPU performance of those GTX660's.

Would I claim it? No. From my standpoint, that would be dishonest. None of the "revelations" have any effect on my use of the card, or it's level of performance.

I didn't claim the "award" against ATI, Seagate nor Netflix either. Of course, the "award" against Netflix was laughable at best. An estimated $0.24 "award"..... I'd be embarrassed to even take THAT check to the bank.... The lawyers were the only ones that "won" in the Netflix case. The members of the "class" were harmed by Netflix and insulted by the "award"....

Instead of a petty financial award, I'd prefer NVidia be forced to put measures in place to guarantee that such "incident" never happens again and a set of "punishments" be established in case it does.

This is an attempt at a second class-action suit involving NVidia, in regards to falsified specifications. The previous was falsified TDP data for G84m and G86m. At this point, I think it's safe to assume that NVidia can not be completely trusted.

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Heh. That would be better.

20. sw1000xg

sw1000xg Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    LOL you use AN when next to a vowel, not consonant... I guess English is not your first language?

An Nissan?
    An Night gown?
    An Nail brush?
    An Nail?
    An Nividia?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.