The Return of the King ? (AMD R3XX Benchies)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The more i look at it the more i think it won't be that fast, based on previous leaked benchmarks of cards from both sides it always seems to start really high then get lower and lower the nearer we get to the release date.

It also make more sense to release a card that is only slightly faster than one that release something alot faster than the competition.

It could well be this fast though, but since its 40% faster than the competition it might also come with a 40% price increase.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nice, let the amd/nvidia war of who is better and faster rage on, should result in some nice pricing wars too

3. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Yes indeed....ahhh takes me back to the 9800pro vs Geforce 4 days

4. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ITP: Talks about Fanboys and goes on to say that AMD drivers are perfect.

Right.

I'm not about to get into a whole thing with you, but easy with the "F" word please when you're clearly acting like one yourself.

I had crossfired 6870s and the drivers were crap. Constant issues and no matter which driver I tried, games had problems.

Maybe they've gotten better, and if so wonderful.. but stop acting like because things work great for you, they do for everyone. Posts like these are ridiculous.

5. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Shogun 2 had a system crashing driver problem with AMD cards on DX11 for a while. It was documented and fixed through driver update so no, it's not some random PC configuration error either.

Just read the update on driver release. AMD ones talk about BSOD or other system crashing symptoms. Surely the issues are exaggerated by trolls, but some of it is very real.

These benchies are probably fake (if not, wow that's some major game changer) but still kinda excited to see what these cards will do.

6. Noufel

Noufel Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti xtrem
    how am i supposed to fit two of those beast (if watercooled) in my case :(

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If you really had two 6950's then there is no way you have had a smooth experience with AMD drivers. That is a fact.

8. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Keyword: microstutter. Vocabulary is important.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    More than just microstutter problems with the Cayman GPU's. I had the shadow bug in skyrim, ghosting in deus ex :HR, all kinds of weird craps in BF3 and countless other wierdness.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Having been an AMD owner for many many years, this 980 being the first time Ive moved to nVIDIA for more than a week in all those years, I stopped reading your post after that line

AMD drivers are FAR from perfect, and the exact same is true for nVIDIA drivers

11. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    No drivers are perfect, but honestly, I have no problems with AMD drivers for the past 5+ years of using their products consistently.

I speak only about their video cards, I've used intel for the last 5+ years

It just works, crossfire profiles can lag behind game releases which is lame, but overall they work great.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's true that nothing is perfect, but when Nvidia drivers themselves can be dodgy at times and people say AMD have even more problems, you can't blame people for being worried about switching sides.

13. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah I got the prices from Newegg and it is a rough estimation so I might be off by several bucks.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

:bang:

15. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Surpim LiquidX 4090

16. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    :D
    go easy on him. he's one of the new guys

17. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    If this is true, I have to find the will to resist and not buy one ...lol.

Problem is that if I buy one then I have to buy two... watercooling urge kicks in after.

18. oOEvil1Oo

oOEvil1Oo Guest

GPU:
    2x 770 MSI Lightning
    I just would really like to know the pricing they are going to set on these cards. While these graphs show a great performing chip, how much are they going to charge?

I think people like to get the team pride going before knowing all the facts. These look like great cards but how much will be too much?? Let the greed kick in and they want >$1000 for a card....... Just sayin.....

19. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    Same here i switched in 2009 from Nvidia to AMD 5870-6970-7970-290x and because of no driver problems sinds then(well same as with nvidia had some problems but that was solved quickly).

I never looked back and stay HAPPY with AMD.

Most here lie or talk nonsens keep bringing up driver problems or talk about heat while we all know thats the reference cards not custom.

Im glad the fastest card still is in RED camp even after 8months.

I dont see any reason why i should buy the expensive Nvidia cards while AMD is cheaper and run all games perfectly.

Many AMD and Nvidia users talk total nonsens about heat/noise or drivers.

I had for many years Nvidia and had good and bad drivers which where solved sometimes quickly sometimes it took a while.

Same for AMD i had sinds 2009 no real big problems with drivers if driver was released and did not work properly i stick with older version untill it was fixed, in 6 years have no complains about drivers AMD more then i had with Nvidia, AMD drivers most time where good.

AMD still for me best card.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  20. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    Yes, I worry about TDP because my PSU is getting tired after 6 years of pushing very power-hungry GPUs:
    a HD4870X2 first (including a HD4870X2 + HD4870 TriFireX for a couple of weeks);
    a HD4890 Crossfire next;
    then a HD5970 @ 1Ghz both cores for 3 years;
    and a GTX 780 @ 1150Mhz for 18 months.
    I have sold the GTX 780 (for €300) in October 2014, to get a GTX 970, mostly because of the TDP. Now, my PSU doesn't even sweat. :rock:

I made that X6500-X7000 points prediciton because of what we've seen from GPU architecture updates since 3DMark11 was released, where the top-end cards get improvements of around the 1K points mark in 3DMark11. But, yeah, I wish I am wrong and the R9 380X beats the X10K mark! :D