AMD Raptr Gamer-community Extension Got Hacked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Not sure if you actually had used it as it is a POS of an application that comes with AMD Catalyst these days, but the Raptr service has been hacked. Raptr is a NVIDIA GeForce Experience look-alike ...

AMD Raptr Gamer-community Extension Got Hacked

2. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    So that was the green answer to #IWANT4GB Twitter event.

3. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Is it more of a POS than Geforce experience? I mean, I always uncheck install for geforce experience because I dislike all this, for me, unnecessary bloat. But for people who don't know about settings etc., is it worse? And if so, how?

4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Calling raptr POS app is stupid. I like the app, it is well designed, optimizing games is optional, it offers a lot of nice features at one place instead of installing 1000000 programs to do them and the thing i like most, the program rewards you for gaming. After year of using it i earned amount of points with which i could redeem on of few available in there games.

nVidia will not reward you, right? And they will tell you your 3,5GB+0,5GB gpu is the product they advertised.

5. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    You can see it here, it's an old app which has been around long time before AMD added it to their installer http://raptr.com/download
    It's more bloated than GFE, and it's uninstaller did and maybe even still does not remove it completely.
    I found it POS too while I had AMD, but each to theirs.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  6. Deckard

Deckard Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3090ti Gaming X
    account deleted, software uninstalled. done

7. zzzaac

zzzaac Guest

GPU:
    -
    I always uncheck it whenever I install my AMD drivers. It's not as good as Geforce Experience IMO

8. ApexiTT

ApexiTT Active Member

GPU:
    780ti Sli
    Does anyone use Raptr and GeForce Experience? They both suck..lol. I refuse to use either one of them.. It's for idiots who want console like "simplicity" on setting up IQ for games.

9. Valagard

Valagard Guest

The second MSI afterburner/Dxtory does hardware acceleration for video capture with x264 codec for either AMD or Nvidia it will destroy all

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I have it because it gives you reward points for having it while playing games.
    Its predefined settings are no good for me (120Hz, preferably same fps). Settings there target IQ over frame rate.

11. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    It's a great example of why AMD should never mimic nVidia (just like Microsoft should never mimic Apple)...Raptor is a fairly useless Catalyst software appendage. AMD should offer that separately, if at all.

Problem is though, that when servers get hacked the passwords go--"tough" passwords, included. Seems a rather odd suggestion after a "hack"--tough passwords only protect against trying to guess someone's password; if it's hacked who needs to guess?...:nerd:

12. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    Experience has Shadowplay, which is just about the most useful thing ever, the game optimizer works fairly well but I can usually squeeze a few extra FPS out with manual tuning.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just curious: what Microsoft have mimiced from Apple?

14. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I always uncheck install for GeForce Experience and AMD Raptr because for me it just unnecessary bloat client when only used Steam any way.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Probably payback for all the nvidia bashing on the 970 and those bs gsync threads that state you do not need the hardware.

16. Blanky

Blanky Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPERXTrio
    I prefer the wonderful experience that is giving me Radeon Pro thousand times for my opinion Raptr, I can change things and get more experience brilliant and amazing game.

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    AMD wasn't trying to mimic NVidia. Raptr existed before GFE did....and Raptr is a 3rd party utility. It would be more accurate to state that NVidia tried to mimic Raptr, but screwed up and did a better job.

18. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    I've not used Raptor at all but I use GFE for driver updating because I don't feel like checking this site every week for one. Not using it doesn't make you awesome and everyone else a console noob. In your head perhaps. But not in reality.

And believe it or not, people use Shadowplay (it works well) and have these things called Nvidia Shield devices. Could also come in useful for them as well.

19. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    The pretension you people express when speaking of Geforce Experience is laughable. Get over yourself.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Raptr is not AMD's property, neither was it made to mimic anyone, it was quite unique as a social gaming community application when it was released back in the days.
    AMD sponsors Raptr and includes it in their Catalyst suite, probably because that was easier then making their own GeForce Experience alike application.

Besides that, Raptr has around 20 million users.

I wonder if it still supports several messaging networks?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015