Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Lol, well to get this thread back on topic ..
    Last night I hit my first collateral with the Sniper on HC Op Locker. I ended up hitting 3 of them, one of them being REALLY nice. Thank god for Shadowplay. But, I also hit a really nice 12 killstreak with the 93R, and I hit the wrong key combination, and ended up doing a 'Manual' record rather than a 'Shadow' one :(

Just finished #2 in the "Hits From The Bong" series.
    This is the result of 3 days of editing.
    (Collateral's not included)

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    ^ The music is just awful...

3. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    I must admit, I'm not into that sort've music. I stumbled across it on SoundCloud and decided to use it, because I wanted to practise syncing my music to my clip, like I tried to do with the clips from Siege of Shanghai.

Thanks for your opinion though, much appreciated.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I thought it was ok..

5. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Don`t get me wrong but when I saw the title of u yt video I was expecting something like this:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  6. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    I was worried about YouTube and its copyright policy, otherwise I would've gone with this.
    I stuck with Hits From The Bong, because of my BF/YT name .. GrampsOnGrass.

"Hits" being, best clips in the last week or two.
    "From the Bong" being, (Gramps)OnGrass. So my name implies that I've been smoking whilst/during/before playing.

I will try using the song for my next montage, if it gets removed, so be it. But since this is a 'series' I didn't wanna use the same song for every episode.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Anyone got any good gun suggestions for engineers ? Been using the starter PDW which I believe is the MX4 but I can't even kill a squirrel with it let alone an enemy soldier.

I'd prefer something that's decent at mid range but does alright close and slightly longer range as well, something tells me such a gun doesn't exist.

Also what are DMR's ? I tried the RFB briefly and it seems to pack a punch but having only single shot function makes it feel a bit meh.

8. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Try ACW-R,I believe you will love it. ^

9. ___ezzy

___ezzy Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    These are all just my opinion.. Treading lightly..

PDW - As VAL
    Carbine - ACE 52 CQB
    DMR - SKS

---------------------------------

Anyone have any idea how well my system would do with recording? I always wanted to get into it but never got around to it. I'd love to showcase some amazing bf4 moments.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It should do just fine.

If your not using Mantle API in BF4 that is. As I don't think any recording software is able to record it yet.

Just play in DX11 mode, and use AMD VCE encoder with either DXTORY or RTSS in MSI AB.

AMD VCE uses the built in H.264 encoder on the GPU which basically gives zero (or near 0) performance loss when gaming.

11. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    Use OBS with VCE fork, it'll record nicely though with somewhat large files. You can also try it with the regular distribution that can leverage your iGPU if you have it enabled with QSV.
    Both have basically 0 performance penalty.

12. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    SG553 is a general well-rounded performer, I heard the CZ is also good though, or something along the lines of "mini Famas".
    The ACE 52 is also decent, but IMO has lower effective range (not as accurate).

edit: oops, didn't mean to post this last quote in a new post.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    This is only in CTE at the moment but this gun looks set to destroy (not like it already doesn't lol)

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I started playing single-player due to the GTX970 memory fiasco. I'm actually having fun with it. I mean, I die a lot....but I'm still enjoying it immensely. It took me a bit to figure out the first mission and complete it successfully, but I managed to get the second one down pretty quick (for me anyway....don't judge). I'm now on the forth mission and I'm stuck. There's enemies coming over a walk-way bridge and I can't seem to figure out how to kill them.

This is the first FPS game where I've actually enjoyed playing single player. Rather strange and confusing feeling for me. Seems more and more people are cheating in multi-player though. Saw several dozen people get booted last night for cheating.

15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    And how on earth does the memory "fiasco" stop you from playing multiplayer?

I run the game 1080p Ultra 4xMSAA 150% res scale and I get 90+fps and the game uses no more than 3GB memory.

I play Shadows Of Mordor 1080p Ultra (incl textures) and it fills VRAM upto 3.8GB and its still 60fps locked with no stutters (none that I can tell).

I am not saying there isn't an issue as there clearly is with the GPU but the card single or in SLI is still fine for 1080p/1440p gaming.

People tend to blow things out of proportion with this stuff.

Sure getting angry that you were sold something that isn't what you thought it was us TOTALLY 100% justified.

But flatout not playing a game that works fine is just a little silly........... unless your trying to run it in 4K on that single 970 then yea sure I can see your point.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I never noticed this issue either, and I did hit even 3.7-3.8 GB in Dragon Age Inqusition (same engine as BF4) and some other games... that being said, nvidia did screw up, but in real world it's not THAT big of a deal. Not to mention the hate bandwagon (sponsored by AMD in some cases) that think they can make up for their lack of competition trough such means. Bring forth 390X and destroy nvidia through actual tech superiority....

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Thanks for the suggestions guys, will look into the guns.

18. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    [​IMG]

Sry for offtopic.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Cuz I didn't want to affect other players trying to confirm all the claims. So, I chose to use single-player mode. Would you want some d-bag screwing with your team in multi-player trying to test claims of stuttering? I couldn't confirm the stuttering to any extent. All I did was find a game I want to actually learn how to play.....

I hadn't played single-player because I've never actually bought these games for single-player. As much as I suck at them, I really enjoy the multi-player parts of the game.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    There are some weapons that you unlock from playing the singleplayer...

M249 is certainly worth it, one of the better LMG's

And the P90 is pretty good too..