970 memory allocation issue revisited (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by morbias, Jan 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    No they are doing nothing, bar sending a few people out to various forums to all tell us the same thing "in my opinion its a great card, we are so proud of it " blar blar blar

Even the tone of this PeterS bloke, the nVidia dude who said he'd personally help with refunds (lol) and a driver fix was being planned to address the way the 0.5gb was used has changed his tune and tone now
    He even edited his original post and removed all traces of the pm me for help getting a refund line..... what a :wanker:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...tx-970-3-5gb-vram-issue/post/4438090/#4438090

I have read on the most popular tech forum here in the UK that nVidia have specifically told retailers NOT to accept returns for these cards, as there has been no mis-selling. ROPs and L2 cache were not advertised at the point of sale.

From OCuk

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Yes, because his comment along the line of... if you live in (North?) America, PM and I'll help you out...was even worse, and potentially infuriating for any NV customer NOT living in NA.

3. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    "I have read on the most popular tech forum here in the UK that nVidia have specifically told retailers NOT to accept returns for these cards"

OMG REO! I know that song "
    Heard it from a friend who, Heard it from a friend who, Heard it from another you been messin' around"

Peter also said.. go ahead and hate on us we can take it. See some are doing just what he said.

How can you expect others to be honest when you wont be?

As for Peter leaving out PM.. this is what is posted at the end "I realize that you may be looking for other options with your retailers and board manufacturers. If you need help, let me know.

UPDATE: Since there was some confusion, I updated this post to clarify my comments about drivers, other options and added some relative links.
    --Peter"

Guess what.. I can send PM any time to him or others. So how can we believe this guy and some others when they TWIST some words to fit what they want to say.

My card runs super does not suffer from these problems. Whats written and what I got.. lol I dont care. It does great and runs better then the R 290 that is a hot jet card. Great card just to hot and loud for ME!

NV didnt make your card those that did say there is nothing wrong with it.. YEAH THEY SIAD..didnt hear this from some guy that heard it from some other that posted.. pffft. You can go to GIGABYTE and ASUS and MSI and just CALL EMAIL and ask. So Nvidia is helping. They cant give back what they didnt sell. There is so much more going on here then..its all NV fault. The partners all have a say. Strange how MOST if not all leave this out. They just post "Its ALL NV's fault".

Its TEXT relax..not personal in any way.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  4. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

:stewpid:

Thanks for the free thread bump, since you didn't look at either graph :p. The Shadow of Mordor one demonstrates the issue perfectly (and is not a game fault), and the Battlefield 4 one is even worse there.

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    To me I think both a driver and a BIOS update could help on this issue but that depends on what game you are playing.

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Well I contacted that AMD rep who was saying on Twitter that they're doing a promotion for GTX 970 owners. I was redirect by him to some XFX rep and I'm waiting for a reply to see what they're going to offer.

If they can offer a nice 290X (as in their best cooled model) for my 970 I might take it, it saves me the effort of dealing with mail-in rebate bull**** which I would have had to do otherwise if I wanted to get 290X directly from the same shop I got my GTX 970.

8. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    the 290x is now 299 bucks :) they are cashing in on this disaster

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    AMD must be losing money with every sale on that price.

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i have no idea.. but i am soo enjoying this nvidia failure and plain thievery

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Suppose it depends if they are selling cards they wouldn't have otherwise sold, and also pulling nvidia owners to the red side for life / good few upgrades

12. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i am reading the asus forums.. for some reason ppl are attacking asus now even though they had no hand in this, majority of them are demanding a refund or to join the red side

13. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Thats fanboy talk.:)

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I just picked up 2 290X Lightnings for $650. I love controversies.

15. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    not fanboy

deceit is deceit plain and simple.. let the burn because they deserve it

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Hey do you have a 680 4gb cards you wanna sell, a guy is looking for another 680 4gb card. I sold him one of my 680 ftw+ a year ago

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    are u sure that they are using the full 4g of vram :)

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Not one that's for sale. I use it for a backup.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I advised him to ebay and grab a 970. Thought I`d ask.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Anyone have a Titan to sell cheap? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.