Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor GeForce GTX 970 VRAM stress test

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    No it's like thinking you had $500 in your pocket when you only had $400 then claiming you got robbed. In the end you still only had $400 to start with.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Nah I think it's more like you have $500 in your pocket, you reach in and only see 4 $100 bills -- you panic then notice 2 - $50's.

People bought the card based on the performance, not the the ROP/L2 Cache count. The performance is the same -- how it's getting there is different.

3. 4KOLED

4KOLED Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 970 EVGA FTW
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  4. HunnoPT

HunnoPT Guest

GPU:
    Tri-X OC 290 CF 4GB+4GB
    Not the same AT ALL!! Not even close mate..

You guys need to take the green glasses out, i said that already, and i say it again... get robbed and say ..its OK!

5. jode67

jode67 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    how is it ever "ok" to misrepresent specs of a computer device! What I paid for was a card with 256bit memory interface and 64 rop's and at that I have been shorted

6. HunnoPT

HunnoPT Guest

GPU:
    Tri-X OC 290 CF 4GB+4GB
  7. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Ok..but is it OK if you have the receipt from the bank you withdraw your money printed with 500$ ? I don't think so.
    Now we getting to same and correct similitude.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    How is it not the same? Seriously? Are you saying that the benchmarks of when the card was released and people bought it are higher then how the card performs now? Because that's what it sounds like your saying.

I don't know how you buy graphics cards -- but when I wanted a new one and I heard about the GTX 980, I said "let's see how it performs -- oh 300 fps Crysis 3, I'm sold" not "Well gee golly 64 ROPS and 2MB L2 Cache! That must perform well!"

The bottom line is this -- The 970 performs extremely well for the price. The vast majority of people bought it based on actual in game performance metrics, which haven't changed since this revelation. Yeah Nvidia ****ed up and they should be punished for this -- but claiming Nvidia stole money from people is just dumb.

How is this the same? You paid for the 970 because it gets 100FPS in Crysis 3 -- how it gets that 100FPS is irrelevant.

It's like buying a car with 300HP only to find out that the V8 engine inside works a little differently then a standard V8. Who cares? The 300HP is still there, the 0-60 is still the same.

9. 4KOLED

4KOLED Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 970 EVGA FTW
    I showed it already on geforce forum, no answer from them.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    What did you base your purchase off of? Benchmarks or did you go out and say, those specs look good ill buy it then.

The card is still 256bit and having extra ROPs wont help anyways, the card is shader limited in performance.

People will find anything to complain about if you let them

11. 4KOLED

4KOLED Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 970 EVGA FTW
    I bought a SLI of GTX 970 to play in 4K and 3440x1440 and the 4 GB helped me to choose that 970, but actually i cant use thse 4 GB properly and get fps drop when i pass over 3.5 GB, so according to you I should not complain ?

12. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah except that the 980 also experiences the same drop. So it's not related to the memory partitioning.

13. 4KOLED

4KOLED Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 970 EVGA FTW
    source ?

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    hard to keep the track of your own lies, is it?

let me help you by refreshing your memory:

15. Hari_Seldon

Hari_Seldon Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX970 AMP! Extreme
    What bothers me is not the new ROP or cache specifications (as already said, the performance is the same as we know), but the 3.5 + 0.5 (slow) GB of memory.

I still have no problems with my games (I don't own AC:U, FC4 or ME:SOM), but I think the card is less "future proof" because of that. I was considering a SLI for future games, now I'm not.

Therefore, I'm not mad, but neither "OK".

16. 4KOLED

4KOLED Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 970 EVGA FTW
    ?? didnt get what you wanna say...

I bought 2x 970 and sold them yes because of this issue, now i'll buy probably other gpu and ?

17. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    Totally agree. You guys are defending the wrong thing. Yea, performance wise, gtx970 is unbeatable, very good card. But, if they advertise frank wrong numbers , then, it should be strongly discouraged. But, You guys are just defending it .

Just because u have a green card does not necessarily mean that you have to blindly support green side. And again, gtx 970 is a good,very good card indeed. But false number advertising is also wrong. And to simulate this specific scenario, gtx 970 sli would be perfect

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    SO WTF are you complaining about?

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    50-55 in 4K is not good? ....Since...when?

20. 4KOLED

4KOLED Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 970 EVGA FTW

i'm talking in the name of all customers, not my own case, i answered to the guy saying that people should not complain.

Even if I found my own solution I have to complain on the product they sold me cause it sucks and do not fit with what they were supposed to sell.

why would my fps drop by half when reaching 3.6 GB with a SLI of GTX 970 that has a value of +600€ ????!

I bought a pair of 4 GB vram GPUs to insure a decent level of performance in high resolution and at the end i got 2 GPU with 3.5 GB + 0.5 useless vram...

Are you a sheep ? you're probably that fanboy who likes when nvidia :banana: you right ?