970 memory allocation issue revisited

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by alanm, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It even makes the 980 look lazy in comparison.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970

Not that i'm defending the crazies, but most are complaining because they don't believe they will be given the opportunity to ship it back for a refund.

I don't want a refund as there is no other card in this price range that i want.
    A little freebie to say sorry for the mistake/deception would be good though.

3. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    true and with a 512mb handicap pretty damn good result when ya think about it lol

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Nvm.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I'm only in this thread to talk nvidia.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    More often than not, what's perceived as a driver is either a configuration issue, a settings issue or a driver/resource conflict. If the drivers were really as bad as so many make them out to be, everyone would have the exact same problems with every driver set. The fact that people like you and I have never had issues with AMD's drivers is proof that it's not the drivers themselves. More often than not, the problem complaining about "driver issues"....have "tweaked" their systems to the point of instability.

I wouldn't necessarily call it lazy.... I would say people should be more impressed by what the 970 can do based on the "proper" specs than they were before. Especially when you consider they're achieving that performance with less resources than we originally believed.

OT - my typing has become rather horrible over the last 6.5 years on this forum. I find myself using the backspace key almost as much as the character keys these days.....

7. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    hahahaha only 28 more to go tk

8. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Has been mention before in this thread. Also by me and with 3x 970's I'm experiencing the 0.5GB slow down at 4k with 0xAA. Not something I am happy about since I bought these assuming they were full blown 4GB with no seperated memory. If nVidia had told us this from the start I would have bought 980's instead. They did explain it with the GTX660/660TI and their 192bit bus and 2GB Vram and all was fine - but now omitting such crucial info for 4months in unacceptable. All the stuttering I have I assumed as due to bad game optimization or drivers ! now I know better and what actually happens when I reach 3.5GB+.

9. waxbytes

waxbytes Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 6GB
    Well all I have to add is that when Nvidia comes out with it's 8GB Maxwells we are all going to have to take a close look at the spec and the benches and make sure it all adds up properly. It doesn't really matter if the miss-communicated specs on the GTX970 were by intrigue or incompetence we now know not to take Nvidia at face value without checking.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Everyone acts like this is the first time NVidia has ever done this.... Just amazing the green tinted glasses so many people wear. This is FAR from being the first occurance....or even the most far reaching.

11. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    like I said before, after a good think about it the only relevant thing I can think of that's come out of Nvida's new updated specs is how our gtx970s performs so well with less specs than I thought it had infact this news makes the card better than I thought it was lol shame they forgot to update it at launch it would of made the rest of the pack look silly or not so good performance for there specs. and this to me is a very valid point ..

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  12. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    bahahahaha

you guys crack me up

thanks for the laughs

keep trying to defend this

:giggle2:

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Out of curiosity is it possible to monitor the memories bandwidth in real time while a game is actually running?

14. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    im defending no one I don't care if NVidia get sued or not, I do know im keeping my cards as I don't have the issues some people have. my point is valid on spec vs performance like it or not facts are facts (well not always with Nvidia lol)

15. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    That's the thing mate, very few people are having the issues "some" claim. Major review sites have looked into this and they've been unable to replicate the issues seen by the crap-posters in this thread, and others on other hardware sites without using ridiculous and unrealistic settings. The performance is spot on just as it was on release, this is a bandwagon and nothing more for most. Even running SLI you're going to run out of GPU power before VRAM becomes an issue with this card in the vast majority of scenarios.

16. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Keep pretending the card is crippled ;) There's more than enough proof that it's not :banana:

17. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    spot on fella, nothing has change in the way my 970's perform before or after the updated spec's im kinda stunded at why people are freaking out I look at it like this ... which amazes me even more but how the feck did they get this much performance out of this spec card ? AMD must be doing somit really wrong ...

18. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    True, all the issues of games taking a dump after hitting 3.5 GB are from some posters using SLI - using their "feelings" on how smooth games run.

I would imagine most sites have already tried this, and seem to have found no real issues.

Although I'm waiting for frametime benches once a game goes past 3.5 GB.

19. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
  20. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The shills aren't even trying to hide anymore, they're plastering amd everywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.