Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Can someone else please try setting Shadows to HIGHEST (from HIGH) in the .ini and verify if im actually seeing better shadows.

Cheers.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It resets to High so it should be a placebo effect since I'm pretty sure it's defaulting to the highest supported unless a valid value is entered. :)
    (No idea if it could work by write protecting the config file though, maybe that's what you did?)

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I did indeed set the ini to read only. Im pretty sure the shadows are better, but ive yet to take screens to compare, though off the top of my head i do know what the shadows look liked on jill when standing next to the typewriter in the dinning hall as i spent so much time there messing with sweetfx.

The shadows cast on her neck were quite blurry, kinda like using a lowe resolution for shadows wtih Gedosato in FF13. Im gonna go have a look now actually.

Edit: Placebo.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    how is the remake? I haven't played a RE game since the original back in the 90s. How does it hold up almost 20 years later?

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Plays just like the original with better graphics. If you a fan of the originals you will like this.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Atmosphere is much better than the original, much darker, just better all round. Its a great reboot if you fancy a crack at the original massively updated.

I speak from playing the GC version compared to ps1 although this version is even better.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    completed the game eight times already.

COMPLETED SO FAR

normal mode (w/ jill and chris)

very hard mode (w/ jill and chris)

real survival mode (on very hard) (w/ jill and chris)

invisible enemy mode (on very hard) (w/ jill and chris)

Currently doing it again with the Grenade Zombie running after me :D

I completed all these modes 3 DAYS after release ;)

My fastest completion time was 108 minutes on normal mode I only killed the bosses and about 5 or 6 zombies lol still had 16 ink ribbons left. On my very hard playthrough I never saved the game LOL got an achievement for that.

Working on the achievement for only using my knife!!

I know this game like the back of my hand, I ain't played it since 2008 and I was remembering codes, puzzles, traps, secrets, and dialogue off the top of my head lol :p I played this game FAAAAARR too much back on the Gamecube.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    cheers boys. Purchased.

9. ___ezzy

___ezzy Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    What are the three difficulties? Easy, normal, and hard? Very easy, easy, and normal?

EDIT: I'm currently watching a let's play (only up until where I currently am without spoiling the game) and I have a quick question in the spoiled box.

The room where you get the shotgun has a trap where you can't take it unless you replace it with the broken shotgun. Is this the same for Jill and Chris, or Chris only? On the let's play Jill escapes the room activated by the shotgun with help by a guy shooting the door.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    For your spoiler

The room will trap Chris in and he wont be able to escape if you take the shotgun off the wall.

You NEED to find the broken shotgun and replace the working one on the wall this will reset the trap and the ceiling will not crush Chris.

With Jill, she is the easiest character to pick out of the two (even if you play on very hard mode), she can take the shotgun and the trap will activate, you need to quickly check both doors they will be locked and Barry will save her. Allowing you to keep the shotgun.

You can bypass this with Jill and use the Chris method of finding the broken shotgun which is in the same place for both characters and deactivate the trap.

The shotgun really is not needed. You can get an Assault Shotgun a little later on in the game when you face it off against the Giant Snake in the attack. If you save Richard with the Serum he will rush in and help you with Jill against the Snake. He will get eaten and drop his Assault Shotgun which is a lot more powerful. I am sure this is the same with Chris too.

11. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    CAn I Have a tech question here?
    Fxaa looks blurrier than normal in this game
    fxaa3 and hq dont seem to work too well or to work at all.

Forcing fxaa or smaa with radeonpro works but not to a great result
    gedosato dont work.

what am I doing wrong ? (Been out of the loop for like a year or so)

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For Gedo, are you trying to downsample? If so, that doesnt works as with most games as the internal resolution just stays at 1080 (or your native) and end up looking worse.

For AA, im not sure about AMD as im forcing 8xAA + 8xSSAA via inspector. The games own AA methods are rubbish. The only other thing i can recommend is using sweetfx's FXAA or SMAA, with that said, FXAA set to about 0.600 in conjunction with sharpening set to about 0.90 - 1.00 (depends on your taste).

I can post my sweetfx config when i get home if you like. It just gets rid of the slight blur, darkens the blacks just enough to get rid of the grayness (maybe in issue with blacks on my monitor only) and adds a touch of color.

13. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    It would be nice, if You have time, thanks !

14. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Is the Gamecube version's infinite grenade launcher ammo exploit still in the game?

15. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I think they took it out of the Wii version, so I'd imagine it's also gone for this release.

16. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Damn I was looking forward to that bug XD

17. ___ezzy

___ezzy Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    Noted. But I think I missed that train.

Didn't know there was a time limit on saving Richard.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hey HiCZok,

Heres my sweetfx settings - http://www.filedropper.com/residentevilbiohazardhdremaster. Its the complete pack as i cant recall where i downloaded the vanilla files from so its everything to you need, just unzip, drag and drop. The usual...

A few things, I dont know your experience with sweetfx, so excuse the handholding if you already know what you're doing:

If theres too much flaring of light sources, Lowering USE_GAUSSIAN - #define GaussStrength 0.4000, should be all thats required. Ive got this on as it added a extra glow (white) to light sources as they seemed too low imo compared to the source, but may cause some detail in the surrounding enviro to be lost in bright scenes.

CA is currently on. im not sure if i like it yet in this game, but so far i think it gives a nice...erm...ghosty:3eyes: look/finishing touch. I think, sorta like in movies when the camers switches to the view of the evil monster/ghost. Eh! youll see. Not to the extent of Dying Lying though.

FXAA if switched on is set to #define fxaa_Subpix 0.500, upping this to about 650 will help a little more if its not to your liking already, but you may need to counter the overall blurred image with sharpening. About 0.50 to .80 should do it.

I would upload screenshots, but the ones i took are in massive sized .bmps and i cant be bothered converting atm. But if anyone really wants to see them, then let me know.

Reload shader files is PAUSE
    Off/On is Home
    Screenshot is PrintScreen

19. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Fantatic! Thanks.
    Will try it once I get back from work.
    I do have a basic knowledge of sweetfx(tho mostly used only smaa, sharpen and vibrance). Just been out of the loop and I don't know what version is latest. What versions are for dx9,10,11 32 or 64bit.
    Also radeonpro is so outdated nowadays that using sweetfx is basically only option to inject aa and other effects I want. And ... that is going offtopic, Wonder is there any tool whiich can force vsync on all games and/or have frame limiter if I want to custom limit fps.

Anyway {end of rant} thanks for the settings :)

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970