need advice .. which Qnix 27 inch to go for?

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by TyrantofJustice, Jan 23, 2015.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I was going to get the 32 inch but decided i could save some cash and it will not fit on my desk.
    so which one has the best pic quality i see to many choices for me to go through and i have no idea what i am looking at with monitors anymore.

i would like to dabble in overclocking it but never have before so its new to me and not that impt at all and i can not afford a name brand 27 inch with the res i want.

if you list a model for me please explain why it is a good choice screen wise

thanks.

2. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I went through the same puzzlement as you when I got my Qnix evo2. The latter is an update over the first one but not sure if its significantly better or different where it counts. I went for the Evo2 since it was more widely available (not the multi-input version of the Evo 2 which has an inferior panel/PCB). Excellent display. Not sure of this, but I hear some units in later batches may have PWM. Maybe others can chime in with updates on that.

4. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    i ordered the first choice ... hope i didnt mess up.

5. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    monitor should arrive tomorrow good stuff .... cant wait to see how things look at this res

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Pretty sure all of them are PWM.

7. fisher6

fisher6 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GTX 4GB
    I have the exact same screen you ordered but I got mine form ebay (from same seller you linked). I'm very happy with mine, I managed to get it to 110Hz with custom timings. No major bleeding or or dead pixels.

8. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I got the screen 10 minutes ago and I love it ... I just need to learn how to do the overclocking and color profiles.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I believe the majority of them are not (or are at too high a frequency to detect), though that may have changed in recent shipments within the last few months. It is easy to test for PWM. Mine doesnt have it (or is undetectable). This is probably the best Qnix Qx2710 review on the web, where it is tested for PWM and doesnt have it either:

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...qnix-qx2710-review-2560x1440-pls-monitor.html

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  10. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    What does pwm do?

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Pretty sure you got the right one. If you are wanting the one to overclock your good to go its the same one I have mine will do 120Hz just plugging in 120Hz, but I keep mine at 100Hz as my 670's are getting long in the tooth.

12. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Mine would do 100 but another forum member said to stick to 96hz cause its a multiple of 24

110 and 120 cause heavy green banding horizontally across screen.

I am on the stock cable it came with though but i do not think a better cable would take away all that banding

13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    It can.. I've read numerous reports of people swapping out for a different cable and it gave them another 5-10-20 hertz on top.

I did this and noticed that I was able to get higher on my panel, but still not to 120.

Bottom line though, the cable can make a difference.

Also, after trying a ton of different color profiles, I honestly found that just adjusting the saturation, contrast and DV in the driver itself yielded the best colors and brightness.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  14. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Maybe I am not sensitive to color but to me it doesnt look like my colors changed from the stock settings which were excellent to begin with.

I fired up Ryse Son of Rome and at high settings it looks very realistic.

Dont care much for the repeated kills but looks good.

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    My monitor can do 102 max on stock timings. I run mine at 100hz, although you will never notice the difference between 96 and 100.