Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah mate, i have a ASP explorer worth 6.5m but ive spent over 15m on it also and still room for improvement. Also have a Type 7 worth 17m but spent nothing else on it. Now have 16m in the bank, was gonna buy an Imperial clipper but lost 6m. Not to worry i can make that back in a couple hours in the type 7 carrying 220 tons of cargo.

Thing is you can spend millions and millions on each ship upgrading them with features.
    Good point and your absolutely right but i just want to play it even though im pissed off.
    Cant wait to see the changes that there going to make to this game over the months.

What ship do you have?
    What FSD (frame shift drive) jump range does it have?
    What system are you currently located in?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It continues!!

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Update 1.06 Incoming - 11am GMT
    Hi everyone,

update 1.06 is incoming at 11am GMT. Everyone will be taken off the servers at this time while the update is applied. We should be live again within 30 minutes, so 11.30am GMT. Here's the client and server change log:

Client Changes

- Make sure that station doors do not kill players in stations
    - Stability fix for memory allocation on textures
    - Prevent recycling of the mission list so the same mission cannot be taken over and over again
    - Fix for matchmaking in private groups
    - Add more telemetry to continue investigation on why some resourses don't load on some machines
    - Add more telemetry for player collisions
    - Some mission text fixes

Server Changes

- Memory optimisations for scenario handling
    - Improvements to space station news generated from background simulation events
    - No longer treat commodities as prohibited in the system map or on trade route data for space stations that have temporarily declared them legal
    - Fix a bug that sometimes prevented a starsystem's government type and major faction allegiance changing
    - System change queues no longer stall
    - Fixed issue with influence from a faction from a different system not being applied to the correct system
    - Added a safety net so that permits awarded on faction ranks (Imperial and Federal) will be forcibly added at the rank above if the player hasn't been able to access the mission for whatever reason

Thanks!

Michael

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103124

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Notice that he is using flight assist which completely changes the way the ship flys. Much harder to fly like that but gives you an advantage in combat. Ive yet to fly it myself. The guy that makes these FA off videos was from the Kickstarter however the official forum is full of jumped up pricks tbh. Most of the original kickstarter backers are nowhere to be seen and keep a very low profile.

Great video that one, love how he tells the story!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015

5. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Buying this when my pay is in after midnight, really can't wait!

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yeah.. The Flight Assist is kinda like Space Engineers Inertia Dampeners.

Flying with them off is fun... you slip and slide everywhere.

7. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2

I have the default starting ship (Sidewinder) with default everything. I am currently in system Lwen, and about to make the 5-jump trip to Korozotz to sell some reticulated sensors or something.

The various trade helpers give me short LY routes with short ls from jump, but they don't take into account "hops" and so I end up hopping 5 times which takes a pretty long time.

I've only got about 20k creds so far, and can't fight worth a damn.

I was really just hoping for a bi-directional in-system route that people already knew about. I'm not asking for super-secret routes or anything, I just want to grind a bit to get a hang of it.

If anyone has any routes but don't want to post in public, would you like to share with a total newbie via PM? I would owe you a beer!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    I would sell your shields,guns,and get as much cargo cap as u can.
    then go make money running cargo.
    until you can get a viper.
    than fight if u want to.

9. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Bought it an hour ago and doing the tutorials - can tell I'm going to love this game! Trying not get to get overwhelmed...

10. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    I thought about doing this but recently got attacked by an NPC pirate and was lucky to kill him.

I would have been toast without shields or guns.

Edit:
    Hmm, I'm reading that without shields and guns you can still reasonably well make a run for it. Might try that, then.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015

11. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    When all the DLC comes then it will :rock:

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lol, I forgot I had halo 2 running in the background when clicked play on the vid... the halo music started playing and I couldnt understand why there was halo music in ED. Strangely enough, it really suits it.

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Best thing to do in your case is to trade rare commodities, start at lave and surrounding systems nd then jump 130-16ly. You will make a fortune.

Wait until I get home tonight and ill post more information for you.

On a side note I also got my 6million credits back and some more for the inconvenience. It was also explained to me that to be careful with the docking computer for now as its being fixed.:)

14. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    Thanks, man. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so. I need a better FSD so I can jump longer than 6ly hops.

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just got back from being out on the the town with friends drinking lots of ale.
    Will post with some tips tomorrow. (well actually today, just later on)

16. netnexus

netnexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870x2
    No worries. I wouldn't write up a bunch of tips to help a stranger anyway if I had just come home from out on the piss. :)

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This is what you need.

http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=303,mpU5QG5QG,2-AAAA8c8cAA8c6k,0AA7Uw05UmpV02M

http://eliteraretrader.co.uk/

https://www.elitedangeroustrader.co.uk/rares-systems-3d-map/

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=63119

A good route for a beginner which i started with was Orrere, USZAA (careful in this system its Anarchy so no rules or Police) , Leesti, Lave, Zaonce and Diso. Pick as many rare commodities as you can here and then head over too Eranin, Bast, Eleu, Altair, Zeessze, George Pantazis and 39 Tauri.

Then fly back to Orrere USZZA etc rinse and repeat. You will make a small fortune and this is the best way to go when you start out.

I have chosen Star systems that once you jump into them you dont have that far to travel so be careful before jumping to systems with rare commodities as some have a long travel distance to the Starport. I think Alpha Centauri has like a 1hr 45minute flight to the starport!

The ones i have given you are relatively short and its the route i used when i started.

You buy rare commodities cheap and then travel between 130-160Ly away and sell that 20x there value! After 160Ly the credits you get for them does not increase hence the 160Ly

Be careful when carrying rare comods in a anarchic system because some players will scan you, see what cargo you carrying and interdict you and ask you for your cargo. If you do not comply they can kill you, beings as its an anarchic (no rules or Police) they will not become wanted.

My ship is armed to the teeth so i never get interdicted, luckily and the ones that try get blown away lol. Saying that you can always give USZAA a miss as the other systems are huddled close together and should easily fill your cargo hold.

In a Cobra MK3 i was making over 1 million credits an hour using this method.

Any questions let me know.

Give me your ingame ID and i will add you and come and help you to get you started.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  18. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Nice tips Veteran going to give them a try today been struggling with this games, I've been using Slopey's ED BPC to help with trading. Sadly its been going super slow few times I've had 100k+ in bounty's and someone took me out when flying to a station.

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No Problem, my ingame name is V3teran UK, feel free to add me.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20