Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Vectored

Vectored Guest

GPU:
    gtx770 FTW 4Gb
    One of the new aimbots fires the weapon when the reticle moves across a target, rather than attaching to the object's bone, which makes it (so far) impossible to detect.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    It's why this game seriously needs a better spectator mode and the ability to record demos as in CoD/CS.

Some of the cheats that were undetectable to the naked eye on CS, could be spotted by watching demo footage at anywhere below 10% speed and comparing it to known legit players.

I've actually fought against insanely low FOV aimbots at LAN before and ... well outaimed them.

They worked by pretty much forcing the player to do 95 to 97% of the aiming himself and then snap at the head when he had almost reached it. Kind of like a really advanced aim assist. The correction was so small you could only see the unnatural "snap" at low speeds in demo footage.

You could beat them if you were simply... well faster at that other 95%.

They were also hard to detect as it made an already good player simply look as if he's playing his "top game". It allowed some decent players to bring their "A Game" in a very very dodgy and consistent way.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Whipped up this montage the other night. Would appreciate the support and feedback.

Link to my Battlelog is in the description of the video if you would like to add me, and maybe have a few rounds of some BF4 or even 3.

4. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Thanks mate.

I see you are from NZL also. Check my battlelog in the description of the video, and add me as a friend.

5. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Sweet. Done.
    Will be able to play in about 2 hours when the kiddies have gone to sleep.

6. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    This is because CS uses huge hit boxes at the request of most of the children that beta tested source,for over a year in the Steam/CS Source beta a good few of us argued to keep the over 3000 hit points on models which ment you actually need some skill to aim but no Valve listened to the noobs that couldn't aim & put back the hit boxes that are even bigger than the original CS was, Add to that the almost 20 year old source & netcode makes it pretty easy to make a bot & impossible to stop.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Funny thing is, I believe this could work through smoke too. You don't spot, or see the guys, but the bot know's they're there... just mouse over the smoke and give away hs after hs.

I still don't get how it can be so easy to hack / aimbot every major game more or less... I could hook up such a thing and enter ESL I bet. That they never sort of implemented any way of checking people's input or anything the like...

Dice listens to the noobs too, that's why you can hardly get grenades resupplied now, and the medpack is rather useless atm. :D

8. ___ezzy

___ezzy Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 3GB
    I actually enjoyed this video. I tend to stick to the no explosive Lockers/Metro servers so it's nice to see some **** blow up once in awhile.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    In CSS it did.

It also kept tracking X milliseconds through a wall if a person took cover in time.

It's stuff like this that allowed people to pinpoint these hacks when watching a demo at low speed.

Btw Gramps, nice sniping :D

10. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Kill the n00bs before they lay eggs!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015

11. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Ha I made a video of just explosions. Too bad no one watches but you might enjoy it.

12. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Nice video. Subbed!

Thanks for all the comments on my videos guys.
    Heres another one that I made, with all the random/buggy/glitchy stuff that has happened to me on the battlefield in the last month or so.

And here is another video for people who want to start making videos. Its an intro clip for your video. Captured it whilst playing the campaign, thought it was pretty cool.

Will post a mediafire link in the description for anyone who wants to download it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, even in your first video, although it was nice to watch, you see lots of strange things happening... missiles looking to be already past jets and helis and yet destroying them, showing how bad hit detection is in BF. The sniping was very nice though :D
    I'll check out your glitchy vid when I get home in the evening, it'll be worth if it's like the first one.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just a thought: what can be more arcade element in game than labels above all players and vehicles?
    Just this night I saw a documentary about special forces and:
    - you can`t shoot from parachute because all your weapons are in special suck (all wrapped in special bubble wrap film);
    - you can`t run in all directions like a maniac, you stay near your squad all the time;
    - sniper is never works alone, always there is sniper group of two guys;
    - sniper group most of the times works with assault group.
    I understand that BF is not Arma, but when I read about more/less arcadeness in some mode or map I just grin.

15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    :rolleyes:

I don't even know where to start... have you played call of duty before? That's even more arcade...

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I play only campaigns, as I play only for story and for challenges (as I like to use my imagination/emotions and sometimes my logic subsystem). I don`t need to know how it is on real battlefield, I just want to play (and not to be trained as soldier). And I don`t need competition.
    I mean I don`t care about arcadeness, I only care whether game involves me or not.
    Also I suspect that the more arcade game is the more imagination is used. Remember old games.
    Edit: As for my previous post - some guys are too serious about games.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  17. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It all depends on people you play with. I always play with reall life friends or ones i met through playing BF4, and we always stick together which makes it so much better if you play as a squad!

18. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Glad you like it. Yeah, BF's hit detection is pretty poor. I'm always losing 1v1 firefights when I reckon I should've easily won them. I just roll with the punches like everyone else lol.

I might have enough clips to upload another montage over the weekend.

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  20. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Well the topic title isn't exactly saying "Post your videos here" does it?
    Sounds more like a "Learn how to make your videos look better .." thread to me, which is why I haven't been there.

Is it really a problem to post videos of a game in its 'official' thread?