Resident Evil

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Aug 5, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Okey dokey, cheers.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Preloads started :)

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Preloading the game now and I don't know how this game can possibly be 16gb

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    It'll include the files size of the pre-order OST and artbook. So take off 100mb at the most...and we're no closer to knowing why its 16gb.:p

Hmm, Im not sure other than the lighting effects they've added, updated character models (this'll include zombies, vampire dogs etc etc also) and depending on what they used to upscale the scenery, which if you mess with dolphins texture dump with ResRemake, up scaling scenery to 2046x1792 from the 512x448 of the stock image, files size goes up pretty quick. 500kb to 14mb.

Just a guess though. Assume files size to shrink once installed or unlocked.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015

5. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    We're are in the age of "decompressing audio is too strenuous for CPUs"

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Those are two different points in the game. The GC version has a light fireplace once you light the fireplace.

The trick with Dolphin is to run the internal resolution close to 480p like 720p and pile on the AA, and then let everything then scale to 1080p. This makes it so the 3D models don't stand out as much.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Really?

Im not stupid, they're the exact same place. I just havent lit the fire yet as I wanted to avoid going into the game any further so close the pc release, not to mention lighting the fire isnt going to make the quality of the GC version look any better. If anything, more apparent as to how dated it is.

As for resolution etc, Id rather the extra clarity that 4x internal resolution provides then run at full screen 1440p. In resident evil (in all wii/gcn games in fact) theres no point in not doing so in my eyes as the different between native and scaled is marginal if non existent in blending the 3d models in. You may as well play it on the gcn using such a low ir.

The aa in dolphin is far more taxing than running a higher IR and the higher ir does a better job of reducing aa which i then hide with sweetfx FXAA, then clean up the image with some subtle sharpening, while keeping fps drops to a zero.

Only so much you can do with the Res games on dolphin, hence the re-release. Theres no way they would get away with running this game at 480p with tons of aa while still limiting it to 30fps and expect no to have to deal with a **** storm from the gaming community of today and more so on the new gen consoles that are still only running this Res release at 30fps.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    No doubt the PC version will be the best, it's just that the two pics you posted made it seem like they added lighting effects to the fireplace when they're also in the GC version... not really a spoiler though... you light the fireplace at some point.

Even after replaying this one or two years ago on the Wii, I'm tempted to get the PC version. I love the game that much. Shinji Mikami really nailed the look, score, everything. Even RE0 which looks similar seems a bit off compared to this.

9. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Resident Evils scare me way too much! I've never been able to play any of them! lol

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've never thought the RE games were scary, mostly just jumpy stuff like the dogs through the window at the beginning.

Great atmosphere though, ignoring the cheesy voice acting.
    Was that all redone for the GC version?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ahh, I see what you mean now, fair point. Sorry if my reply seemed overly harsh.

If I do any more comparison pics once the games released (eeck! 3days:banana:) I'll make sure they're at the exact same point.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    For systems with lower end CPU's yes it is, decompressing audio and playing it back is pretty time consuming for the CPU. If your still on a low end or old chip you wont all those cores/threads working on the game it self like a.i, graphics, physics, streaming textures, and not forgetting background windows apps too.

Saying this is pointless is stupid, just because we all have i7's clocked at 4+GHz does not mean everyone has. I have two systems and my second system is nowhere near the power of my main one. Yet games that do this technique like Titanfall run butter smooth 60fps on it and its only running a Q6600@stock, 2GB HD7770, and 4GB 1066MHz DDR2 RAM. It runs TITANFALL at 1080p 60fps with only AA turned off and shadows on low.

The voice acting was redone for the gamecube as was a lot of the dialogue that was rewritten for it.

But apparently they are redoing the voice acting again for this one, but there is also an option to have the original GC voice acting just like their is also an option for the controls. You can have the new and improved 360 degrees analogue controls or you can opt to use the old school tank-like controls.

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I imagine/bet the modding commuting will be adding the original (ps1) voice acting in the near future. I think that version of voices was/is preferred by the hardcore, is it not?

I cant wait to see what other modding will come from this pc release. If any.

Edit:
    Xbox 360 Breakdown done by pc gamers- Focuses on new features, more than fps and gfx.
    (Has modern Jill as a playable character? New controls are compatible to DMC4)

As far as Door animations and people saying they should of gotten rid of them... I feel the door animations add tension as in you dont know whats on the other side of the door, wheres if passing through doors was like something out of gtaIV/V where you just walk on through and door flaps about.. would remove soo much of the tension. imo.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
  14. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
  15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I know, no pre-loading for me either as I got my key via G2play.

As for that video, I've never seen that before. I see why so many prefer them due to being so strange and cheesy.

16. fragba1t

fragba1t Guest

GPU:
    GTX Strix 1060 6GB
    Checked my email and my key came in about an hour ago! :banana:

Roll on the 20th!

17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Yes, I meant different point in time in the game - same location. I wasn't offended. I just wanted to point out that they're not making large changes to scenes - just redoing existing effects.

18. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    I don't know. I thought they stopped slapping .wav files on CD back in 2000. They can encode them and decode them as needed or decode them and store them in RAM uncompressed while a level is loading.

Did I miss something here? Pretty much the entire internet rolled their eyes when Respawn said Titanfall is 50 GB because of uncompressed audio since some CPUs were to weak to handle them... By weak maybe they mean only dual cores.

Frankly it sounds like some BS excuse to avoid having to pay some someone some sort of royalty.

As far as the voice acting goes, it rarely comes off as cheesy in the REmake. Not Hollywood standards, but you won't laugh at it. I think the worst lines are in the first zombie scene when Barry shoots it.

Also, I doubt they redid the voice acting. It should be the same as the GC version.
    Like all horror movies and games, you have to want to be scared. Play alone in the dark.

19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Titanfall had a minimum CPU of a C2D so i do not think that would be fast enough to run the game and decompress audio at the same time.
    When i had a C2D a game would turn into a slideshow if i left something like WinRar running in the background, and the Xbox1 version used compressed audio so i doubt it was a royalty thing.

I'm glad the voice audio has been redone, even if it from the remake, as the original audio was the worst thing about the game when i played it 15 years ago, doubt i could tolerate it now.

20. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015