Techland Announce Dying Light (PS3/360/PC/PS4/XBOXONE)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 23, 2013.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Critics mean almost nothing to me.
    I loved Dead Island, Riptide was... okay. Not as good as the original but I still had fun with it.

Zombies "may" be getting played out, but I don't play every game that has them in it. I didn't touch Dead Rising 3, last game with "real" zombies in it I played was probably Riptide.
    I did play The Evil Within, and while the "haunted" are different, in a lot of ways they are a form of zombie.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Gonna get it. Loved Dead Island, this will keep me bussy until Dead Island 2.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    While i love dead island games (bought them at launch) , i just hope this isnnt more about running around. i loved the pace in dead island games.
    It will also be interesting if the PC releases are properly done this time and dont need a 3rd party app to fix stuff. (like the dead island games).

4. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I've been looking at some gameplay recently and I like what I saw. Nice parkour system + open world, and excellent visuals as well.

It's going to be a demanding game, nice, it will give my 970 a good workout.

5. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Can't get enough of zombies, count me in for Left 4 Dead 3 any time!
    I hope this will be good too, 2 weeks left :D

6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm not really that excited for Dead Island 2.
    I know what they've shown has been really early build stuff, but... just... don't know if it's the setting, or the fact that the melee combat looks weightless.

I'm all in for Dying Light, and Hellraid later this year. But, Dead Island 2 just... not doing it for me.

7. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    I agree, im really looking forward to Dying Light, two more weeks guys! Dead Island 2 doesn't seem to have the darkness this game has. Plus im already in love with the city of Harran they have going here, its just a great setting. I can't wait!

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Havnt been taking notice of this at all as zombies completely bore me. But this acutally looks pretty awesome.

Heres hoping to proper optimization and a day 1 working game. Any game can be ****, but id rather be annoyed at a boring game that i paid for, than one that i paid for that barely works as one would expect.

9. KopyKat007

KopyKat007 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SC
    Yeah, ive never had many problems when it comes to Techland or anything with the Warner Bros label really. Im very much looking forward to this game as well!

10. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  12. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Feminazis can choke themselves.:eatme:

13. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    My wife thought it was cool and asked for the link to the video to show her students (she lectures in mocap/animation in a Swedish University) :)

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Will it survive the hype though.

16. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Honestly, there's not that much hype around the game.
    The people really excited for it... are the ones that enjoyed Dead Island. And, they'll probably be the ones that will really enjoy this.

Those blasting this... are people who are "sick of zombies" and didn't like Dead Island. And they will be split, some will buy Dying Light then trash it.
    Others won't even buy it... but will still trash it.

17. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Not really been paying too much attention to this but I have watched the occasional gameplay footage and it looks good fun! Just had a look on Steam for requirements and the recommended specs seem either high or just honest! As specs are usually bullsh*t. Hopefully my 780ti will be fine @ 1440p. Just pre-ordered through Game.co.uk for £25 I'll get a physical disc copy but I thought wasn't worth the extra £15 for the privilege of a Steam download. Anyhow, looking forward to splatting some zombies on the 30th! :banana:

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, people are aware of the game but I don't think there is a huge amount of hype behind this game.

I've also gotten sick of zombies, (only watch Walking Dead for the fighting amongst the living people) but as long as the game is good then it isn't a huge issue who, or what is attacking me

19. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    [​IMG]

I didn't know the game had some Gameworks stuff.
    Excellent news of course.

20. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I´d have preferred amd stuff there, better chances to be playable in my card like DA Inquisition or Alien Isolation. Ironic.