Destiny

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Feb 17, 2013.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... you can switch weapons mid-fight... but you either lose most of or all the ammo for that weapon class.

2. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Mid-match you can adjust your load out, but not while having an intense duel with someone, being tied to two weapons during battle just feels alien to me, even though it's the norm these days for most shooters, im just stuck in the past it seems :D

3. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Well... everyone is kinda striving for realism. Hard to do that when your character is essentially a walking armory.

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    [​IMG]

You have three weapons lol! And learning the spawn points and times for the heavy weapons is essentially as in UT/Quake.

5. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    My bad, always forget about the heavy weapons :D

Let's face it though we're comparing apples to oranges, Destiny is a great PvP game and I've enjoyed it more than other recent shooters, but can I see myself playing it in ten years time? Probably not.

Thank god they're making a new UT to satisfy my PvP needs.

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    After the last UT.... i'm not getting my hopes up. Got bored of it incredibly fast. The only saving grace for me in any UT game is the "shield cannon" as it's called.... or as i call it. I've already won TDM matches with the highest score on the team with that freakin thing. But the CTF was ruined by the vehicles.... namely when people would grab the flag, hop on their hoverboard, and hitch a ride with one of the flying vehicles right to the capture point.

7. kbozz71

kbozz71 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Oh how I miss the original UT. I remember getting the demo on a PC Gamer magazine disk. Hadn't even much heard of UT, but I was absolutely blown away. Even more literally blown away in multiplayer. I always sucked terrible at it, but it was and still is the most memorable game I've ever played. Destiny is no UT, but it kinda scratches the itch just a little. I wish they would put CTF in the game though.

8. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    UT3 was horrible, I barely touched it myself, I'm playing the pre alpha of the new UT and it's coming quite nicely so far.

But anyway starting get back into playing Destiny, new missions and weapons etc have got me interested again.

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    I hope parts of the game can be played without friends and just search for players so everyone can play in the next patch.

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    There are only three things that you need friends for – raids, weekly heroics and weekly nightfalls. Though these are the most rewarding and important lol.

That said I still need to do the weeklies with two characters so if you and Ghosty are available tonight we can team up.

11. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I should be on. Message me an invite.

12. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    OK, I’ll be online in about 2h. Arc weapons are highly recommended.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    BTW as I noticed yesterday that boodkin was confused about elemental damage, as was I for some time, here is a link that explains it for anyone that is interested:
    http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_Type

14. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I done the task for nothing because im not A warlock, like the game but too much bs.

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    What task was that? You got item that was for warlock?

16. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Lol, I had to do 25 strikes and got something that I can't remember and dismantled it the went to xur and bought some piece of crap sniper gun that takes up the primary gun slot, btw I was drunk :)

17. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Lol! The bounty that requires you to do 25 strikes is the one that gives the Bad Juju pulse rifle. You can use it with any character. Personally I don’t like it.

The one you got from Xur is the No Land Beyond. It is without a doubt the worst exotic weapon in the game. I got it last time he was selling it and gave up after 5mins of using it. Keeping in the vault if they decide to buff/fix one day.

Last time I decided to go to the Crucible drunk. That didn't went as well, as imagined it at the time..

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  18. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    From what i hear, No Land Beyond is a horrible PvE weapon, but not so bad as a PvP weapon.

19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well it may very well be a good PvP weapon if you can do headshots all the time. That reload after every shot I so long, that you are as good as dead if you miss.

I have been using the Thorn in PvP and I love it. I really want the Hawkmoon. Hope to get lucky someday. Yesterday I went to the Crusible and in the end of the first game the guy in front of me got one. Jelly….

Some PvP clips with the Thorn

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    I hate that i have YET to EVER get an exotic weapon bounty in the game.... EVER. I REALLY want Thorn. Probably because i don't do bounties enough... mostly because a lot of the bounties involve doing stuff that seems to tend to require stuff that i can't do. Like, for instance, killing 5+ guardians in the Crucible without getting killed.