Grand Theft Auto 5 Thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    oh well. guess i'll be playing a few more playthroughs with DAI in the mean time.

2. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
  3. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    It's just lame...this whole delay thing...

4. Gembel

Gembel Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU 2
    At least the min requirement is not high mate :) Superb optimization i guess, except for the hdd space... 65GB

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, I'm not really feeling the vibe to buy it at release tbh, and I hope it's moddable, since the true capabilities of the engine will only be available through mods, and that's already some time after GTAV is released. By the time the mods will blow my mind in regards to car meshes and textures and whatever, there'll be GTA VI out on the by then available consoles :D

Yeah... I have to admit, that comments fits me... I don't want to pay full price for it, although I think, eventually I might still hit it.
    BUT only if I find a way to have it downscaled to 1080p (by then I'll be gaming at 1440p) so I can sit on my couch by the TV like I'd play it on consoles, only with mods.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    So the rumoured delay was true and we now have to wait until 24th March to play the PC version? Just got an email from Amazon stating that my PC pre-order date had been put back.

Disappointing but after 2014 with its run of broken triple A games I am actually glad that Rockstar delayed it rather than released the game unfinished. That is commendable IMO and I've have little doubt that this game will be a fantastic port. The PS4 version is absolutely outstanding IMO and a marked improvement over the excellent PS3 version. I will definitely be triple dipping to play the definitive version, although again, as with the PS3 and PS4 versions, it won't be to play it online as I have no interest in that. I prefer to play my games uninterrupted, thank you very much. :D

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    From what I've been told Rockstar wanted employees to work through the holidays to get the PC version to meet the January release date.
    But the majority of the development staff refused, wanting to spend the holidays with their families.

So, they would continue work on the game when they got back... forcing a release date delay.

In the end, it's fine that they delayed it... so long as the final version is stable and optimized. People keep saying AC:Unity and FC4 needed to be delayed and be released in a better state, GTA5 gets delayed... and around the net... people get upset. ;)

8. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    no money from me. :)

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Some people are idiots though, that's why. ;)

Games programmers are just as entitled to festive holidays with family as the rest of so if that is the reason for the delay then I'm fine with that. Dying Light is out at the end of the month (30th in the UK) and I'm still playing a number of other games on my PS4, Xbox One and PC - Dragon Age Inquisition, The Crew, Assasin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, NBA Live 15, WWE 2K15, etc - so it's not like I'm short of stuff to play. :D

10. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    I think you're missing the point. The issue is not the delay itself but how they treat pc gamers with utter disrespect and silence. Always delaying only the pc version. The pc version is not a port, it was in development well before the CG SKUs existed.

And that holiday excuse is bull****. 2-3 weeks of holidays and they need to delay it for 2 months ? Really ? We should believe that ? Come on.

And AC Unity was a fiasco on all platforms, there is no comparison, this is about Rockstar and their lack of respect towards pc gamers who in fact are paying customers.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
  12. lantian

lantian Guest

while i don't agree completely, I have to say WTF devs delaying game less than a month before release, I mean there is no way they just now realized that they won't make it till the release date they set(if so they are very incompetent), don't treat the release date as a guideline

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Who said they were only off to two to three weeks?
    Friends of mine at Monolith have told me they can get over a month off for the holidays.
    Going off before Christmas and coming back after New Years.

And, lack of respect... really?
    They informed people of the delay. Gave system requirements (as you want to point out) two months before release.
    And have been talking up the PC version since last year.

And, yes, there is a comparison. People claim constantly that games come out too soon, that they need more work and should be delayed until they are ready.
    But, when a game people really want gets delayed, they complain and throw a bunch of negativity towards the developer/publisher.
    Claiming, like you said, disrespect for PC gamers and such.

I don't like Rockstar. Never have. Other then Max Payne 3 and Manhunt, I'm not a fan of anything they've made.
    But, after the crap that was the PC port of GTA4... yes, delay 5. Delay it as much as necessary to make sure that doesn't happen again.
    You're talking as if they owe PC gamers, they don't. They never had to make a PC version, the console versions make more then enough to keep their studio going and then some.
    Be happy they are making a PC version, and be happy they are trying to make it the best version possible.

14. Goldie

Goldie Guest

GPU:
    evga 760 4gb sli
    maybe they could just die?
    just sayin.

15. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    They talked about pc in 2014 ? Yeah...two times...At E3 when they lied about coming to pc also in fall, and when they delayed it to 2015 to then delay it again.

I know people can get even a month of holidays but i was talking about the average. I'm a programmer too and i know how the industry works. Even with a month of leave for all devs, they had to know before that they would not make the deadline. And before i mean before announcing the 27th of Jan date. Because when there is a deadline in a company, you have to schedule your holidays well in advance.

Their behavior is lacking...

16. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Not sorry at all here, but most of you are some sorry ass cry babies with self entitlement issues.
    Yes the delay is a bummer, but once again act like there is nothing else to play.

17. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Pulse
    I don't care about the delay, at all. It's their way of doing things i'm against. Anyway...ending this discussion :)

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The whole game looks bland. It's a last-gen game with a new coat of paint thrown over it. Don't expect the graphics to blow you away.

Also, as far as the delay goes. My only annoyance is they obviously knew the game was getting delayed a while ago, it would have been nice to say something then and not wait until 2 weeks before it's release date. That irks me. Not because of the delay, but because it seems shady.

Having played this on my ps4 I have to say, you guys aren't missing much. Graphically it's dated, gameplay, it's the same sh*t with new characters and quips about the world. I don't understand why reviewers hold this games nuts so hard. Same missions, new characters.

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I have played the game on PS3 and PS4 and there's no way I would describe GTA V as bland, especially on the latter which is noticeably more detailed than the former. True, it was developed for the last gen consoles and it does show in places but in many ways the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions were too much for their dated hardware to handle. Lighting and weather is excellent and I'm frequently stopping to admire the scenery and attention to detail. It is very impressive in my view. It even stands up well in first-person mode IMO. There is no other open world game that is as detailed as GTA V in my humble view; even Watch Dogs, which was supposed to be the next gen sandbox game to beat all others, does not look as impressive (now that is a game I would describe as bland without mods, especially during the day).

But, yeah, opinions and all that. ;)

20. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    GTA games never looked all that great anyway. I'm usually immersed for the first few missions and then once i've figured how the open world engine works to fake the "living" world feel it all goes poop for me :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.