List of FreeSync - Adaptive Sync Compatible Monitors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    As you guys know, FreeSync is an AMD technology designed to reduce or eliminate screen tears in games and videos by allowing the monitor's refresh rate to be controlled by and synchronized to the Ra...

List of FreeSync - Adaptive Sync Compatible Monitors

2. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    When we will see a review about "Freesync" vs "G-Sync" ?

3. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    I love this Nvidia can take their overpriced gsync and shove it.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Typo: the LG 34UM67 is 3440x1440 not 2560x1080.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Is there actually any fsync device already priced? I feel like I missed that bit of information...

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Comparison is simple:
    - In supported refresh rate of screen both technologies are exactly same. You can look for youtube 1000fps recording of freesync, no stutter there in comparison to v-sync on/off, no tearing.
    - If you run out of specification GSync forces VSync, Freesync leaves option to use VSync ON/OFF in users hand.
    - users of both are likely to limit fps via driver/too to max refresh rate of screen or 1fps below that.

Only thing which is not known is input lag of NO-Sync vs Freesync vs G-Sync.
    Blurbusters have kind of "lame" measurement of NO-Sync vs G-Sync (not in the method but in number of measurement) therefore not exact.
    That shows that NO-Sync and G-Sync has similar average input lag, but G-Sync has much higher variance between measurements.
    - If such high variance occurs one should look for reason and do more measurement of both NO-sync and G-Sync to confirm that there really exists difference and it was not strike of luck on NO-Sync.

Only one to my knowledge and that is ASUS MG279Q for $600. In comparison to GSync ASUS PG278Q which goes from $800+.

7. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Probably going to go with a premium, but doesn't require proprietary solutions licensed from nVidia, so potentially it'll be cheaper than gsync but more expensive than without.

All monitors should come with it though. And nvidia should get off their ass and stop making more nvidia only solutions. I want the tech in future monitor purchases, but I'm not willing to spend 25% extra on a monitor to get it.

8. tsk2k

tsk2k Guest

GPU:
    Adreno 330
    Do you have a source for this?
    Every other place lists it as 2560x1080.

I really hope it's 3440x1440, so it can be my new monitor.

9. So much for being anywhere near 'Free' when manufacturers only put it on those penny pusher models.

Make a 24" 1080p IPS 60Hz model please.

10. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Thx for the comparison but I don`t trust AMD users,no offence.I`ll just wait for the legit reviews,here on Guru3D and Blurbusters.

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Then see for yourself, use your own brain. And follow my advice, look for that 1000fps recording on YT.

12. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Good to see more freesync panels being released. Always better for competition and cheaper prices.

13. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    From the horses mouth? All 34" 21:9 LG displays are 3440x1440. The 2560x1080 are 29" and reflect that in model no.
    and ...

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/lg-34um67-ultra-wide-gaming-monitor-gets-amd-freesync.html

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    That's pretty neat, and to me personally, the MG279Q has reasonable pricing. It's expensive, but not as expensive as the PG278Q, and potentially giving you the same advantage.

I agree they should drop prices on gsync monitors, but I don't expect any of those to drop in prices, not even as fsync gets available and finds it's way into people's homes.

16. tigermoth

tigermoth Banned

GPU:
    2x r9 290 amd cards
    I understand to sync the frames with the cpu it lowers the refresh rate avoiding page tearing that's what I understand happens on both.
    What I want to ask is with mantle today and dx12 around the corner where they bring whats usually controlled system side to graphics side. will that effect how this tech works.?

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Aren't gsync and fsync already handled by the graphics driver, not the API? Or did I understand that wrong? :)

18. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    This. My wallet is ready for a more reasonably priced G-Sync monitor.

19. tigermoth

tigermoth Banned

GPU:
    2x r9 290 amd cards
    dont know

I don't know that's why im asking.
    If freesync or gsync work by syncing the graphics with the cpu will this effect how mantle works ?
    Because mantle stores the information that's usually stored system side onto the graphics side.

How will free sync work with these new api mantle dx12 ???
    Can anyone pls tell us if the syncing works with these new api ?
    Will it still sync gpu to cpu when its all stored onto the graphics ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  20. Yakk

Yakk Guest

GPU:
    Graphics card
    Sweet! Upgrade time coming soon! :)