Geforce 347.09 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    ditto

2. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    gpu only

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

Laptop ?

4. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    No sig rig. Had gpu only for a looong time no matter the driver, i guess its the windows 8 thing.

5. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    GPU only for me also but I'm sure its because of my Asus Swift monitor, my previous monitor the Dell U2711 gave me Display and GPU scaling as options for drivers up to 347.09.

6. ReTiCuLe

ReTiCuLe Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce Titan
    My mouse felt smoother with these. The FPS were a bit higher in some maps in Battlefield 4 (Bf4). The constant slowdowns in FPS really turned me off though. Both Beta and WHQL. Hope it's fixed next release. Unless someone can share information how to address that issue ?

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    Finally, going to be an update for it breaking VR

8. jonaand

jonaand Member Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080
    same problem with mouse for me. so i decided turn back 344.75; but is true with this beta i had more fps

9. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    anyway to undo applying optimizations in geforce program.

I accidentally hit the optimize all button.

or do I have just go through each game and change settings to my liking again.?:bang:

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Are you asking if there is going to be, or saying that there is going to be?

I'm thinking about returning to this driver even though some Rift stuff doesn't work, miss the new features since going back to .65

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I believe once you hit apply, you have to go back into each game and change the settings back on your own. I don't recall there being an "undo" button.

12. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    I really wish they would add a per profile lock button there.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I refuse to use the software, so it doesn't really affect me, but it would make sense to institute such a feature to prevent people from unintentionally "optimizing" (read: screwing up settings of) games.

If they would make it easier to manipulate settings from within the "GeForce Experience" app, I'd consider using it. As it stands, you're stuck with a slider and presets associated with each slider position. This method sucks.....

Unfortunately, I don't have to worry about the app for a few more days. I've got an MSI GTX970 GAMING 4G coming but it'll be a few days before it gets here. I'm expecting Friday at the earliest and Tuesday at the latest.

14. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Just got another nvlddmkm error resulting in system crash.. Hopefully we'll get new driver once GTX960 NDA lifts on 15th.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    OC'ed or stock gpu boost?

16. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Factory OC but it was stable even OCd to 1500MHz core without touching voltage or power limit. Not a single crash in Shadow of Mordor after 43 hours of playing it. Usually hangs in firefox.

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Is there a way to save Surround profiles, so when I switch back and forth between single and surround mode, I don't have to set it back up from scratch each time?

18. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    Strange issue I found with those drivers, not sure if this apply to older drivers but still, here's the issue that I found.
    If I use nvidia inspector to limit my fps to 60 and run the heaven benchmark the fps will sometimes drop below 60 to 30 and get back to 60 shortly after, it appears completely at random.
    However, If I don't use the fps limiter, the fps rarely ever drops below 70-75ish and everything runs a lot smoother.
    Heaven benchmark 1080p, everything on default except tessellation is put to extreme, GTX 970 strix.
    Please test this and see if the same happens to you as well, if it's a driver issue for sure or just something among the lines of the inspector itself.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    The likely cause is you're seeing brief dips below 60 in FPS which is causing the vsync rate to drop in half to 30 FPS.

20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    This! vsync works like that with double buffering. If you force triple buffering it will not do this. If your system can't hold 60 fps it will drop to 59,58,57 fps.... and so on. Instead of directly to 30 fps