Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    This game does have better "feel" than DA2, definitely.

It looks like it's better to ditch in game MSAA and post process aa in favour of custom SMAA. In game MSAA does pretty poor job.

Made my first character:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pretty happy how he turned out, my luck is changing.

Hair options are extremely crappy to be honest. Those unisex cuts just look bad on every character and some short cuts seem to do weird things to skull shape. Also I'm not too happy about the female voice actors (I didn't like Traynor in ME3 at all and the other alternative doesn't seem to be any better...).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  2. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I went Knight Enchanter because everyone says it's so good but I hate it and now I feel like I might as well just uninstall because my character is ruined. I wish you could repick, Necro would have been more fun. I didn't want to be a paper mele Mage.

3. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Theres talisman who allow you to completey change the stats you have choose.

Not sure about the special one anyway as Knight enchanter as you need do a quest for it.

4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The talents respec talisman is bought in Skyhold near Dagma, but no, you can't change specialization once you have finished one of the 3 class quests. Knight Enchanter is the most overpowered class in the game, you can basically solo the entire game in nightmare mode with the right spec and gear. :)

I however chose the Rift Mage specialization for my mage, it's by far the most caster "mage-esque" way to go, and it's insane crowd control and AOE damage. :nerd:

5. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Knight enchNter takes the mage out of mage and makes you an O.P melee attacker.

Getting stronger is always the goal in an rpg but when it breaks the game it defeats the purpose.

I always choose rift mage and assassin depending on class.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I must say that there's definitely something wrong with the mouse+keyboard controls. It feels incredibly clumsy, targeting is so weird.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Handsome guy. Kind of wish I could re-edit my character's appearance without having to restart the game completely...I'm sure you could do this in Dragon Age 2. The character you create in the Fade seems to look different in the actual game due to the different lighting...very annoying.

8. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    I have managed to get used to it, but after playing through Origins again before starting this it was a big difference lol.

What I hate the most is the stupid "ranged" attacking that I stumbled across vs a dragon, I can basically stay at a point where its attacks can not hit me due to the landscape or such and just blast away with spells etc at him.

Even worse is the other party members try and attack the dragon then get so far and teleport back to me, sometimes dead if they managed to get to close or usually screaming war cries and wielding their weapons.

Quite disappointed with that part and some others, loving the game but wishing Bioware paid it as much love as the vast majority of players did with Origins and hoped for with this.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I finally added my H drive to my GeForce Experience paths and it added Dragon Age Inquisition to the Games list. From there, I selected the optimal settings which basically meant changing to Fullscreen (for some reason it wasn't set) and raising Tessellation for Very High to Ultra. Essentially, every setting is maxed out including 4xMSAA at 1920x1200.

Anyway, when I played the game this morning the game was mostly running fine but with 1-4 second freezes, literally where the game would literally stop moving for several seconds then resume. It does not happen constantly but seems more likely to occur during battles. I was in Exalted Plains.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue on Windows 8.1? I'm using the latest 347.09 WHQL drivers. I suspect it might be running at Ultra Tessellation that is causing but wondered if anyone else has had the same issue. If GeForce Experience recommends Ultra Tessellation for my system and GTX 980 then I should be able to use it, right?

10. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Nope, I'm using just msaa x2 since I can't handle the x4 fps drops on ~half the maps, but otherwise fade textures and everything on ultra and no freezes or stuttering.

11. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No problems here. Since I switched to running the game on one card only, the game is incredibly smooth. I'm running everything maxed, with 2 x MSAA and post-processing AA on low, and I'm locked at a v-synced 60 fps. When running SLI, the framerate would bounce around with v-sync on, no matter if using in-game or forcing through the drivers.

Windows 8.1, 347.09 WHQL drivers, and running on a Samsung 840 EVO ssd.

12. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Using a controller made me enjoy the game MUCH more. The keyboard/mouse combo is super clunky.

13. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Odd that you had issues with sli - like all other frostbite based games, this is running perfectly in sli for me.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm going to try it with Xbone controller.

When it comes to in game AA... I think it sucks. Both options. Custom SMAA does really good job.

15. Peakr

Peakr Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Are you using SweetFX for SMAA? Who's config did you go with?

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Interesting. Are you running v-sync? Are you monitoring fps? Does it frequently dip, even when standing in one spot? That's what was happening on my end.

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Recently tried it with a controller. Much better, def sticking with it. I wish I could use that control style with m&k, but I guess they changed it all to make the traditionalist happy. Or to try to make them happy. I like the new 'in combat' real time controls much better.
    Menu controls, especially inventory and war room, are crap on controller though.

How 'bout some more pics?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  18. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    I am using adaptive v-sync, yes :)

I havent noticed the fps (nor frametimes) jump up and Down. But if you do, it might be because of increased cpu overhead from sli - then when you remove it, cpu overhead gets lowered, and you get rid of the varying frametimes... just thinking as this game is quite cpu intensive, and youre using a bit older cpu.

19. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's a console port. Same way DAO was a port to console with tactics etc removed/dumbed down. They just made a console version and didn't bother adapting it to the platform. Legit cRPG with the c missing

20. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Don't be unfair. DA:I is fantastic, the PC version clearly shows proper development, it works well, it performs well, and it has an UI that works well with a controller and a keyboard. It's the Windows 8 of games (deal with it).

Seriously though, calling DA:I a console port make vanilla Dark Souls what? :3eyes:

Storywise, I do now agree with some previous posts that the main story is way too short, I spent too much time doing side-quests that didn't really matter or had a disappointing ending. It's still an excellent game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.