FarCry 4 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Omg these stutterings are getting me nuts, some tweaks u did to at least make them less noticeable ? I mean the game is playable'ish but the sutterings are literally getting me some headaches.

2. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Seriously now,you get stuttering?? With 1.6 ? On what resolution r u playing..? 4K ?? We all should at least acknowledge for Ubisoft that patching their game all now (well,most of players) should enjoy the game.

Are you trolling or what??
    FC 4 is better than 3 in visuals go play again and compare( I did before reply to you),
    I agree about the draw distance but hey,name me a game that doesn't use mipmaps,lods, whatever you name them for far away textures...(they could -at least- use darker lods for trees/leaves textures though..)
    flying and performance...it's a demanding game,lower settings,lower resolution,check your HDD too, just don't use false accusations.No ghosting due to smaa here..perhaps SLI thing can't argue with you here.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  3. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    I've got the game on Ultra with some tweaks and SweetFX for contrast and color correction. Definitely better than FC3 which had worse AA, worse stuttering, worse textures, worse pop-in and ran like crap with DX11.

To me the draw distance is really good. You can clearly see the mountains from miles away unless you have DOF enabled. The problem is with the poor distance LOD detail and ugly texture pop-in animation, a limitation of the engine they need to work on for FC5.

4. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580

This matches my experiences, however, FC4 still suffers from stuttering/frametime spikes for me in 1.6 but it is much improved over the original release and about the same as 1.5, just without the memory leak.
    Most everything on ultra, hbao, smaa, and a clunky 40-55fps with hard dips to 30 when a big stutter hits.
    I don't imagine I'd like how it played unless it were consistently beyond 75fps, but it doesn't seem anyone really gets that kind performance with top of the line rigs.

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    No OC problems. Stutters small but very often. Hell ACU doesnt stutter, and plays smooth...

6. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Why are you running on ultra then, when your pc is clearly not up for it, and you want above 60 fps?

If i hadnt had the game v-synced at 60 fps, i could easily run it at 75+ fps.

http://i.imgur.com/jVj6AGo.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jidL5Ai.jpg

7. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    can you post your nvidia control panel settings, when i try to enable fxaa, it's keep crashing my game

8. demise

demise Member

GPU:
    Pulse RX 6700 10GB
    Did 1.6 fix soft shadow draw distance? I rushed through the main story in 1.5 then uninstalled it since the memory leak didn't allow much play time. Is it worth playing now, or should I just wait for more patches?

9. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    FXAA works for me just fine..

On that note, doesn't FXAA work on transpAA valid objects anyways? TranspAA seems like an unneeded waste of performance..

10. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I also think that FXAA works(just enabled via NCP) however it doesn't give much. Using ingame's smaa and at least the first multiplier of DSR(smoothness 18%) seems very good,especially on trees/leaves(using Ultra without trees setting...)

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    SMAA + DSR in Farcry 4 is stunning. I have FXAA also enabled in nvcp. Jaggies... what jaggies?

12. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I bought FC4 after v1.6 released.

Soft shadows do have an issue with draw distance.

In the 24 hours I've been playing there's been no memory leaking.

Only issue is the game feels stuttery some times even though I average about 60-70 FPS.

Settings: 2560x1440 @ 144Hz G-Sync, very high preset.

I've tried low settings and average about 100 FPS yet still encounter stutter at times.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  13. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Welcome to Ubisoft gaming

14. R3ck17 Rick

R3ck17 Rick Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Ref.GTX980 1443/8160
    What monitoring overlay is that you use? I have PrecisionX but when you use DSR you can hardly read it lol and a different color from white would be nice.

Yeah that inverted affect it had when you reached the northern snowy part of the map is now gone.
    All thats left for them to fix is Simulated Fur-hairworks (it crashes the game on occasions)

15. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    http://i.imgur.com/q4pe2O3.jpg

Plain and simple - dunno why it would crash your game, as its simply a filter, which is added onto the image, after the game has rendered it.

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    FXAA gets added to the entire Picture, yes, but foilage can still look crude with only fxaa added to it - adding supersampling to transparent textures will make them look much more detailed.

And i must say, that DSR (as people seem to be using) is the worst possible solution in regards to anti aliasing vs performance hit, as its raw downsampling, and will therefore have a huge performance hit, something which transparrency supersampling does not (at least not at near the same degree).

I use msi afterburner - but you just need to tweak the settings for the rivatuner statistics server - there you can change the color, position and size of the info displayed in the OSD :)

17. R3ck17 Rick

R3ck17 Rick Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Ref.GTX980 1443/8160
    damn it...I never knew MSIA had a fan curve setting...only just found that out. its the only reason I switched to precisionX due to the OEM fan limitations on the 980.
    So I would need Riva's server as well you say?

18. boykimma

boykimma Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 660 2GB
    i know the problem, for some reasons, if i load the game in utkarsh safe house, when i go out of the door, it's will crash, but at other safe house, it doesn't crash at all. Now it's work like a charm:)

19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Rivatuner statistics server should automatically get installed, and run when you boot either msi afterburner, or precisionx - look for it in the task bar :)

I actually have that exact same problem - first it just crashes the game, then if i try to load the game Again (at that safe house), it crashes the computer... thought files were corrupted or something like that, but luckily not :)

20. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Crossfire working with the latest patch or no?