Creative Sound Blaster Z-Series Driver Download

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Thank you. It took me hours to download this from Creative's servers before I gave up and found a chinese mirror somewhere.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Does this driver actually fix something?

4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I was having an issue with my new headset when everytime i plugged the mic cable in the computer would bluescreen and the error log pointed to this driver. This update fixed it for me.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've only had my SB-Z since Wednesday night and have only used it to listen to music. My Recon3D had no issues at all other than the control panel crashing regularly, but that never affected the rest of the system.

6. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    soundblaster needs to update there servers.

the servers was slow even in 2000 on dialup.

luckily the files size back then was small.

guru3d servers was fast with dialup.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  7. 3x3cUt0r

3x3cUt0r Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G
    I used many Creative Labs' sound cards in the past, but i find their driver support TERRIBLE, i would never buy anything from until they show better driver support.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i stoped using there stuff when there sb live was thing, there support was horrid, i was using 2~3 year old drivers there first few initial drivers. and i pretty sure the support now is still horrid

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Sound drivers are nothing like video drivers, where they constantly need updated. Everything just works.

Once in a while a bug may need to be fixed etc.

My Soundblaster Z has been rock solid with software/hardware and I never had a better sounding PC.

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Count your self as one of the lucky one then cause there support is terrible

11. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    No problems here with my Recon3D Control Panel, I've had about 5-6 updates for that sound card in the last year or so. Quite impressed with the frequency of the updates, the last one being just over a week ago.

12. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    You know I was about to complain that whilst my SB Recon 3D has had 5-6 updates in the last year, my EVO headset has had none! Spoke too soon, there's an update in Windows Update right now.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The last update for the Recon3D was Jan 2014....unless Creative's website is wrong.

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Using the Drivers from the CD on my ZxR, no issues at all.

15. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Correct, the updates I've had have been via Windows Update under Optional, you may need to change your settings to receive the updates if you haven't seen any...

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    None have ever shown up for my Recon3D on WU. I don't install drivers from Windows Update anyway.

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    You got lucky then is all. Many people including myself had problems with the card randomly turning to screech mode, among other things.

18. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    same here never had any issues with my blaster Z, to many people read ahh creative have crap support which I cant say they are not because I have never had any need to get support for my blaster z. user caused Issues I guess?

clearly its just a few people have had problems/issues because if creative were as bad as these people made them out to be they would of been bankrupt years ago.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  19. darkvader75

darkvader75 Member

GPU:
    7900XTX on Water
    Soundblaster Z driver support

Their drivers have not been fine over the last few years. Their audio glitches and has hiss's and ticks in it terribly if you are running a Crossfire or SLI setup. The moment you switch to single videocard then it's mostly fine. Those of us with more serious rigs truly can not run one of these cards as we can't take the endless ticking popping and hissing noises that come out of it. While driver support truly is different for audio as was suggested earlier in this forum, not corrected major flaws in that driver and leaving a large part of your user base un-attended for many years tends to cause you to loose those buyers. I own a SB1500 series and it sits in a drawer since I was dumb enough to give them a shot just 1 more time. Don't waist your money. Asus has you covered.

20. GPU

GPU Guest

this
    I just updated my drivers because I was still running the first sbz drivers and had time incase I had issues but I did not before or after.

lol some peeps can't get a gpu installed correctly so I take no notice to" I have hiss and poping on the net."