Geforce 347.09 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    If you've followed the 3d vision section of the geforce forum, they've broken 3d gaming for a while. Although games do work, some games that used to be perfect are getting glitches with some objects double rendering or only rendering in one eye. They(nvidia) have been ignoring the complaints. It's like they don't care much about the 3d because it doesn't represent much of their business. I've been disappointed by the lack of responses from nvidia and will NOT recommend 3d vision to anyone that wish to try it unless they are prepared for frustration and are willing to try many hacks to get it to work.

Since 3D movies are quite different for support than games, if enough people complain, I'm sure they will eventually fix it. But don't expect speedy responses. Just make sure to spread the word of nvidia's ****ty support in this area.

2. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    All I know is I will never use 3d vision/oc rift etc etc for virtual or anyother fancy **** :D

All I want is for my games to run without crashing the pretty normal way with a monitor mouse and keyboard.... :p

gfx cards seem to becoming with that varied use stuff where even people are saying oh it crashes with my 3d dvd im watching etc, I mean come on :d - resource time put to those using pc's for such watchings leaves the real deal of what a gfx card on a pc was and in my eyes should still be dedicated for, playing good high end games.

The rest should be an afterthought regarding priority driver fixes as far as I am concerned, if I want to watch a good film I go watch it on a proper dedicated large screen in my living room. I understand some people don't leave the pc desk :p but all I am seeing of late on the two card designers is lacking drivers due to trying to hard to please all areas of the fandangled new.

Remember when gfx cards were gfx cards right.. now in future they will be doing our laundry as well probably.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  3. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Noticed some texture flickering and other visual artifacts with 347.09 and BF4. Also feels like game is not as smooth for some reason. Might be because I'm using MFAA now.

4. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Verite V1000 & Voodoo 4MB
    Just tried it out on my system with the drivers. Used DX11. Ran around the game for several minutes. The game renders correctly. 5960X + 16GB DDR4 + Four GTX 980s in 4-Way SLI.

5. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Excuse me? You realize that people having problems with 3DTV (3D Play) are using 65"+ 4K TVs in their living room? People that pay premium to enhance their experience, to not having it work because YOU think nvidia should devote time on what gfx is supposed to be? WTF? Why is Nvidia advertising 3D Vision if they are not going to fix anything, or even listen to complaints? Those people with the new 4K TVs, which are not cheap, spent their hard earned money to enjoy 3D movies in their homes for a reason; probably to not watch movies at the noisy theater with someone like you in it. When you see more than one person having problems with something that should have been tested by a competent QA team, I question nvidia's business process. Too many times customers just say whatever and let these companies off the hook. Are customers nvidia's QA team?

I've been interested in 3D Vision for quite a while now, and recently with the 900 series, I thought it had enough performance for 60hz per eye (120hz) and spent the extra for the monitor and glasses. For the games that do work, it's amazing, and the performance is great. But some of the games listed on their driver as "Excellent" are broken without any hint of them working on fixing anything. It's up to the community to fix stuff on their own without the help or assistance of nvidia. Without those individuals that are willing to spend their free time, I wouldn't even have half of my games working properly. Thus, I'll try to help if I can for people having problems with 3D, and keep complaining and make noise for nvidia.

6. grabibus

grabibus Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090
    There is no more the bug I had with 344.xx (Except 344.11) => Imposssible to remove the installer from my computer, except in Safe Mode.

My 780GTX overclocking potential has came back as with the 344.11 (Core=1075Mhz/Memory=1652Mhz) with 0 voltage addition on the GPU.
    Full stable.

Happy with this new set :)

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Several minutes may not be enough. Generally walking around in Kirkwall (high town) and you should eventually see bugged stuff.

8. mitil

mitil Guest

GPU:
    Asus gtx 670 OC
    tnxxxx

9. emottier

emottier Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD6700M+Intel HD3000
    Dell Precision T3400 latest Bios, Windows 8.1 x64 all updates. Trying to install 347.09 with a GeForce GT 630. No bsod (had with 344.75), installation now ok but card is with yellow triangle and error code 43. Uninstall with DDU, Revo uninstaller, reinstall 344.09 same pb. Tried Ccleaner no success.
    Windows update 340.52 install ok with no yellow triangle..
    Is there something I can do?

10. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    Tried it. No problems.

11. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Guys, about the 3D Bluray bug that some have here. Do you have DSR mode enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel by any chance?

12. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  14. sean_skroht

sean_skroht Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SC
    No. It's off in my control panel.

This is an infuriating bug. I would go back to 344.75 except that driver causes texture flickering in one of my games that is fixed in this latest driver.

nVidia borked 3D movie playback from driver versions 337.88 (when they introduced the fake 3D feature) right through to 344.65. Then they fixed it in 344.75, and now they've broken it again. Serious incompetency going on here.

15. farlucco

farlucco Guest

GPU:
    680 oc 2gb
    pardon the question...what is DSR ?

and ,most important,what is "fake 3d feature".... do you means that for a lot of times i've watch 3d movies in "not real" 3d ?

16. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    DSR: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/dsr

About the other thing ask the other guy :D

17. AdamK47

AdamK47 Banned

GPU:
    That was way back in May. I remember playing through the entire game since then. It wasn't a problem with my system back then, 4960X @ 4.5GHz, 32GB DDR3 2400, and four GTX Titans in 4-Way SLI. It's not a problem with my system now, 5960X @ 4.0GHz, 16GB DDR4 2666, and four GTX 980s in 4-Way SLI.

There's probably common hardware or driver/game setting that causes it. I wouldn't put the finger squarely on it being a driver problem, or else I would have seen it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

18. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've had two Nvidia driver crashes today on my brand new GTX 970, event viewer shows "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.". Are Nvidia aware of this issue? It's a real bummer to spend £300 and have it not work properly.

19. wyldmagik

wyldmagik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA-1070-FTW
    Fair few have this on these drivers, a fair few are being told as well its a timeout issue... its bull****. And to top it off they tell you its a timeout that your pc is causing not their drivers... More like their drivers are just not responding correctly I would say..

The drivers were released from beta to whql so fast. 344.80's dont blue screen/crash nor do the 344.75's

Although the 09's are nice performance wise just for some they are quite unstable, it seems to be that they are unstable mainly for most in older games.

Then some are still having issues with farcry 4 etc of late, I would say we need another release :D

20. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I've swapped back to 344.75 for the time being.