AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    First time experiencing the black screen on waking from sleep, it's a problem with this driver for sure. Set your monitors to not sleep and just power them off yourself for now I guess.

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Never had that problem myself.

3. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    Just experienced "sleep of death" bug, no monitor wake unless I manually plugged and replugged the monitor. Hadn't seen this in 6 months +.

Also experience extreme desktop corruption, firefox corruption, general hangups while surfing. Massive flickering on second display - even when second display input is inactive (displaying nothing from the PC and just watching tv on an entirely separate HDMI input- yep watching Comcast cable with the video card merely plugged into a separate HMDI input exhibits extreme flickering and it can build up to the point where the tv AND pc crash together and have to their power reset). ULPS disabled. Flash acceleration disabled for the first time in this rig's history, no change or improvement.

I used to be so excited and happy to own my card, and I still am, but wow, it's amazing to think already purchased technology can actually go backwards.

tv and pc behave perfectly with a 550ti installed in place of the 7950.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  4. xXxhp

xXxhp Guest

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5650
    Hey guys, with this dynamic mode I have black screens in games when I use high performance.. Someone have solution? I was trying leshcat drivers with KMD_EnableCrossGpuDisplaySupport=1 but its didnt help. Only League of legends working on high performance and all other games even Spotify black screen :/ mobility hd 5650

5. Ferdimage1

Ferdimage1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Can someone help me on what I need to do on my GPU usage getting stuck.
    After playing Assetto Corsa and DA:I for an hour or so, GPU1 gets stuck at 100% and GPU2 at 50%.
    Ive disbaled all "EnableULPS" in the registries manually also Afterburner has it disabled too.
    Do I need to make a custom crossfire profile for my games?
    This has been the case for the last 4 driver updates

6. shimyns

shimyns Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
    The strange thing is that after I uninstalled these drivers and installed the 14.9's the issue with the monitor not waking up after sleep still remains.

7. billydydcoen

billydydcoen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 OC TUF
    anyone had amdkmdap/amdkmdag crash too with the sleep bug?
    I have to say that now with the sleep mode disabled i have no crash/black screen at all, so it's for sure related to the sleep mode; since it's a very old and unresolved bug, it is possible that the problem it's Windows (7/8, with XP i never had driver crash) and not Catalyst?

8. Alpha_Tay

Alpha_Tay Active Member

GPU:
    -
  9. Ragnarok88

Ragnarok88 Guest

GPU:
    2 - MSI HD7970GHz
    Any idea when Virtual super resolution will be made available on the 7900 series cards?

10. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Just an AMD update poped out (1st time ever) and now I'm running 14.501.1003-141120a-178000C

11. Alpha_Tay

Alpha_Tay Active Member

GPU:
    -
    i see not different version?

12. Xhpietian

Xhpietian Guest

GPU:
    2gb
    Thank you so much!

13. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    This is the first time in a long time I can say this: This driver is incredible! :D Mostly, I like the VSR addition that makes my r9 290x more useful on my 1080p 27 inch screen. Running games at 2560 x 1440 and 3200 x 1800 is fantastic. (Playing Bioshock Infinite for the first time since I owned it at 2560 x 1440. It does run at 3200 x 1800 but I think 4GB of ram is not enough for that game at that resolution.)

Otherwise, it works like every other driver, which is to say, fine.

14. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    @ManofGod same perfect drivers not a single prob at all in anything i play

15. Krelianz

Krelianz Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290x
    I have a problem with this driver, it makes my pc hard reset playing Evil Within, otherwise it's incredible, playing every game including DA:I and runs perfect

16. marius ro

marius ro Guest

GPU:
    r7 260x 2gb
    Hello, i have a problem.

I have an R7 260X 2GB, installed it, all ok.

When i tried a game, sound was working for about 10 seconds maybe, and then nothing, tried FIFA 15 and Dishonored.

I exit the game, sound was still not working, so i restarted the PC, sound working again.

I have a DELL S2440L, it has only HDMI and VGA, cable to the video card is HDMI.

What i tried:

- used an DVI=>HDMI adapter, i thought not to use the HDMI port from the video card => problem still there
    - disbaled HDMI audio from Manage in Windows, disabled HDMI audio from Sound in Control Panel => problem still there
    - ok, uninstaled HDMI Audio from AMD CCC => problem still there

I don't know what else to do, and i know that the video card is the problem, with GTX660 there is no problem.

If it does matter, i have Win 7 x64, it is updated, i have 14.12 AMD Catalyst Omega Software.

17. hharon

hharon Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 6700 XT
    AMD Catalystâ„¢ HDMI Scaling Hotfix Software Suite December 26, 2014

18. marius ro

marius ro Guest

GPU:
    r7 260x 2gb
    I removed Creative sound card and used the integrated sound card, it is working, but i am not happy with it, i want to use Creative.

19. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    I'm now playing The Evil Within - 2nd chapter for now and no issues on my HD 7850 and 14.12 Omega drivers...

20. ANDMOC

ANDMOC Guest

GPU:
    R9 295x2 Sapphire
    i've tested more than 30 games so far, all in 3200x1800 and don't have any problem at all.

Only games that not run in 60fps are Metal Gear and Assassins Creed Unity. Both run at 45~50fps.

I'm using Radeon Pro to add SweetFx and no compatibility issues.

Playing through DVI->HDMI conversor, Plasma TV Samsung 64F8500 and sound through Home Theater. No sound issues too.

Now playing Dragon Age Inquisition with all maxed out, antialiasing options off (don't need it at higer resolutions), 3200x1800 at 70fps most of the time.

This is the best driver so far, for me.