Metal Gear Solid 5 confirmed for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    It's a glorified demo guys. Bought it to send the right message to Konami still.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    How long is this game?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I had a thought like that just by looking @ nvidia screens and 1 video.. Not worth it. Its like they didnt even try. :D

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800

5. lorikano

lorikano Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 7950@1150
    As usual AMD users get the end carrot of a stick .Crossfire not working.

6. Slikar

Slikar Guest

GPU:
    GTX970 WF3
    That's more regular , single 290X performance is what is even more weird.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game DOES have more detail and higher settings than the PS4 version but I still think the PC version looks less impressive overall. Maybe it's because I expected more (with everything cranked up to Extra High), maybe it's being sat closer to the screen, maybe it's the lousy, rough-as-hell anti-aliasing or maybe it's the fact that I played it six months ago? Whatever, while it runs great at a flawless 60 fps no less the game doesn't quite have the same visual impact as on the PS4. The depth of field effect seems a bit broken in this game as well, sometimes looking great but at other times kicking in in the wrong place. There's also a film grain effect that I do not remember seeing on PS4. Not sure I really like it as it makes bright light sources such as the search lights look weird.

The game is actually great and although it's only a small play area, you approach the missions however you like and stealthily or all-guns-blazing. At just over £10 it is just about worth it on PC but it really should perhaps have been released as a free "prologue" demo ahead of The Phantom Pains release because that is what this is to all intents and purposes.

8. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    almost 3 gigs for a single level? WTF I can't believe I bought this ****, you know they will probably include this for free when the phantom pain comes out or include it as some kind of bundle later. Then again it was a little over 10 dollars, but I still do not enjoy the practice of paying for such little content. If they included Co-op I would be fine, but this really is just a demo.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Picked up from Green man gaming for a tenner. Apparently theres quite a few hours to be had if you do everything, so hopefully its worth it.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    TotalBiscuit described this as a very good port in his Steam roundup video yesterday. I'd definitely agree with that but I still think that visually the game looks somehow less impressive on PC than it did on PS4 but I cannot quite put my finger on why that is apart from the poor AA and strange depth of field effect. The draw distance sadly does not seem improved either, using binoculars and spinning the camera around still shows small objects popping in and out of view. It's still a fun game though that promises great things for The Phantom Pain and the game runs well so that is what matters most, right?

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You not alone on the PS4 vc PC thing Darren. I've always thought that some cross-platform games looked better on console (bar resolution/textures of course), almost as if they received a superior or platform specific post-processing or something a rather. Though even the same game has a different look on the PS vs Xbox and i remember watching a mate playing Bioshock 1 on his ps3 and Sony Bravia thinking that it looked better than the PC and xbox versions as if it had more ambient effects that just made it look so more atmospheric

The most recent game to do such a thing imo, is Trials Evolution on PC vs PS4. Imo, the PS4 version just looks betters. Cant put my finger on it.

Edit: I've just been informed that the Trials on PS4 is Fusion, not evolution. I thought something was off. hahaha.

As far as MGS:GC is concerned: Overlooking the complex right at the start of the game, Im getting a constant 60fps at max setting and 1080p. Downsampling from 1440p drops me to around 55ish, though im hoping an upgrade to some newer drivers will get me a constant 60 @ 1400p.

The intro is brilliantly done. I honestly feel this is what you call development and next-gen.

From what ive been reading, theres up to 30+ hours to be had if you do everything and its not repetitive crap either.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  12. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    just finished it myself, i can understand the rage regarding length, i'd probably be bit angry had i paid full price for it but at a discount it's not so bad, in saying that it was basically speed run, need to take time and play the game properly

graphics wise i thought they did great job with lighting and facial features, i reckon if they improve on texture quality the game would look super

gameplay wise definitely a new direction, as well as amount of blood and gore compared to previous metal gear imo

but what's most important to me is the storyline/script, which is what makes MGS my all time favourite gaming series...and damn Hideo's classic storytelling is definitely there, can't wait for phantom pain

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah, mgs is sort of like Uncharted imo. The characters and story are the main focus and it shows.

Whats this 80's filter that poeple say is missing?

14. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    yea for sure, i think i am at a stage of gaming life where i need good story to keep me going, otherwise gameplay can get repetitive for me quick, with mgs you can always count on great story, attention to detail and high production value

15. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    Game runs great, 60fps constant @1080p and max settings and it's very fun also :). But I need to say, for some reason XBOX gamepad feels much much much better in this game compared to just mouse and kayboard :p.

Any game on HDTV will look better IMO :), theres much improved picture processing etc. contrast, sharpness etc.

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    consoles got a special scaling method that works magic with HDTVs ( look at uncharted 3 )

PC is pretty much raw image with no tricks

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Some may use TN garbage screens and then wonder why things look bad... TVs on the other hand usually have overly cheesy processing going on that alters the image quite a bit.

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes runs amazing on my AMD A8 APU and HD 6620 GPU. Low/Medium settings. 30fps @ 1366x768. Welcome back Konami.

19. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    bought it, hope it counts in supporting Konami/Team Kojima and release more titles to PC

Running good so far on my setup.

I noticed that it crashes when my logitech f510 is plugged when launching the game. Launching the game first then plugging the pad solved the issue, not much of a hassle but still needs fixing i guess?

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, going by the steam forums, there are issues with some controllers.