Geforce 347.09 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Dec 17, 2014.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    TY for your feedback.

I had a chance to test them last night, particularly with DAI.

On my Windows 7 partition, I noticed that the performance did not change at all between 344.75 and these new ones.

I then went and updated on the Windows 8.1 side.

I noticed that the framerate in some areas didn't really improve at all, however the gameplay does seem smoother overall, so that it itself is an improvement.

I will also test some benchies, but overall they appear to be a bit better..

2. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    I use a projector HDMI 1.4 3D optoma GT750XL

3. KorbenD

KorbenD Guest

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 980
    I have, with the Rift DK2.

It seems to work fine, but I don't have any basis for comparison with older versions of the driver. I installed 347.09 while E:D was downloading and never ran it with any other version of the drivers.

4. sourkimchi

sourkimchi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980 GTX SC ACX 2.0
    I gained almost 200 points in firestrike!

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Wow did you just go FULL MACKINTOSH.

Get a grip, wishing for people to burn in hell is childish and stupid.

Thank You nVidia for the great driver, seems to be working fine with all my games. Slight increase in smoothness and FPS.

6. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Not true. Only certain monitors from certain companies. In the past NVidia has blamed monitor companies for having some improper code sent though HDMI making it unable to identify the monitor correctly, I guess NVidia set the fall back setting to be limited RGB in cases where it cannot determine what range the monitor is capable of. My monitor on HDMI has always been in full RGB even before the fix, and it is defaulted to full after the fix.

The fix made from the community simply changed the registry to force full RGB. And rather then truly fixing the problem (obviously full RGB is detected correctly on these troublesome monitors for intel and AMD) they built in the option to force it yourself.
    Technically the problem is still there, when the driver cannot detect the RGB range it still defaults to limited, which is why I said it's stupid. It can detect the RGB range on the majority of monitors over HDMI, like in my case.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  7. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
  8. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Anyone on an 860m having trouble overclocking after upgrading to these drivers? My MSI Afterburner sliders will never stick at any setting other than "+0". Tried reinstalling MSI Afterburner and a clean install of these drivers with no luck.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    so you're complaining because they're 0.2 - 0.9 fps slower in generic benchmark? :D

10. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    I gained 140 points on 3DMark myself with same card .... and gained +26 on my overclock to 1306 and stable, memory stayed same and stable. Benches don't mean chit to me, but haven't had chance to play a game with yet. That's where I'll find out if keeper.

11. pedigrew

pedigrew Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980TI Lightning
    sure, that's why i'm complaining, mine kepler is performing worse with latest drivers not only in generic benchmarks (i guess they're made for performance testing), but in my gaming experience aswell, as i can see only improvements for ACU players, another ubishhpoft title that im not gonna buy and i dont care.
    Also the r9 280x is kicking 770 a$$ in latest games, which is very interesting. I'm being forced to buy the maxwell, nothing to complain about that.

12. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Even in 2014, playing benchmarks is still a thing. It was stupid then, it's stupid now and will be stupid as long as planet Earth orbits around sun.

13. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    Could anyone give working link on notebook version? Nvidia's links tells me File not found.

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Oh yes, poor poor nvidia. I am so sorry I hurt their feelings. I can only hope they will find some solace and consolation in those thousands of dollars I have spent on their products over the years.

15. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    They're probably reuploading it or changing servers, it gave me a download link but on download it comes at 0kb. I would wait a few hours or so :p

16. Sempaii

Sempaii Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2070
    Funny to read all of this tread, then thinking did you guys miss "BETA" part of file name. ;-)

17. residentour

residentour Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The Full RGB option is going to default limited everytime I reboot. Is it normal?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    In which games does it run worse, name some titles?

Im using them and so far I played only L4D2 & FC4,

FC4 1.5patch jitters (HBAO+ and probably NV Godrays issue, SSBC is ok'ish) ubishat yes, L4D2 was ok.

I did ran Re5 variable benchmark DX9 mode @ 720p and no AA, to see if there is any driver overhead speedups, but nothing really.. Actually I lost 3-4fps there.. Avg 398fps, usually R343 402-404fps avg., but that didnt stop me from going back just yet.

Let nv know where its buggy and they can fix it, its beta for a reason now :)

19. James D

James D Member

GPU:
    GeForce 650m @1124MHz
    The file was removed from Nvidia site. Perhaps mobile version of drivers had some bugs?

20. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    The problem with nvidia's beta drivers is that more often than not they are a fairly good prognostic of what the final release is going to be. People have learned that if problems aren't immediately identified and raised then they will just roll over into the WHQL driver. This is why some people are up in arms over beta drivers :)