AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    Can someone confirm if NNEDI3 works in MadVr? I'm stuck using 13.12 given it's the only build it works on and I've tried up the 14.9 branch. I've simply got too much at stake @ the moment to test them myself.

Much appreciated!

2. Bucephallus

Bucephallus Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290 DirectCU II OC
    How do you connect to the monitor?

Mine is connected through a DisplayPort. The monitor is a Dell 3008WFP running at 2560 x 1600

3. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    Just tried. It works fine. NNEDI3 128 neurons, image upscaling handled by DXVA2. Smooth, sharp, looks glorious.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I had it like the before these drivers :eek: tho it doesn't hinder the performance so I didn't care. :D

5. mortis

mortis Guest

GPU:
    R9 280
    Rolled back to 14.11.2beta from omega, artifacts/flickering crashing games dissapears.
    card - r9 280 gigabyte wind force.

6. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    I just attempted to launch a 1080p video and NNEDI3 doesn't work whatsoever using any amount of neurons on my r290x.

On another note, I launched sgminer on a previously working config and that simply crashes my system...what a complete disappointment.

7. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    DVI. Displayport doesn't work too well with my monitor.

8. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    The game(bf4) on mantle is stopped after 20 minutes on omega:bang:.I kill the process via task manager.idk why,but on 14.9 this does not happen.wind8.1 64

9. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    @AMDMatt,

Would it be possible for AMD to implement a backup of game profiles in the 3D Application Settings tab of CCC similar to what's available in RadeonPro? When you do a clean uninstall of new drivers, these custom profiles get wiped out and it can get a bit tedious to redo them every time. It'd be nice to be able to export them to xml and then just restore them once you install a new driver set.

10. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    I don't what to tell you man. It works on my rig. I'm positive it's actually kicking in because if I goto 256 neurons it starts to get unsmooth. I'm using MPC-HC 1.7.7 32bit. LAV 0.63.0.0. Reclock 1.8.8.4. Tried 720p and 1080p. .mkv, .mpg, and .mp4 files. Everything just works.

11. johnslash

johnslash Guest

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290
    I can say that is working on mine as well, however I don't use it, because it is pretty heavy and doesn't work well with SVP.

12. Nymphie

Nymphie Member

GPU:
    ASUS R9 290 DCU2
    Still get intermittent black screens while just surfing the web.
    Only happened 2 times while gaming.

WHY isn't this getting fixed?! :bang:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  13. AnthonX

AnthonX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6970 2GB
    Ok, so if I understand correctly the game should utilize those 'specific' fixes within the drivers and not the drivers having to locate where the game is installed in order to 'patch' it the way the updates do? So in that case it does not matter where the game is installed?

Has anyone else with an HD 6970 (win 7 64bit) seen any performance gain in FC4 with these drivers? It's interesting to note that although they state HD 6000 & 5000 series are supported, there's no option to choose those cards if you 'Manually Select Your Driver'

Just saying......

14. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    Black screens are usually related to the GPU's memory. Drivers aren't going to fix it. Google card model + black screens. Lots of threads.

15. gexxy lord

gexxy lord Guest

GPU:
    r9 280x
    i used to get black screeens also then i changed refresh rate on my monitur from 72 to 60 and the black screens are gone ,,,used to play farcry4 then boom black screen then ok then again,,so far after changing to 60hz refresh rate its ok

16. elMARIACHI

elMARIACHI Guest

GPU:
    3x Sapphire R290x
    I'm also using the same software on a clean WlN 7 installation. I've tried on WlN 8.1 and results are identical. The r290x also struggles with Jinc @ 8 Taps which my GTX580 can do just fine with a 15% OC on the core. I've got no idea what the problem can be although if I were to guess, it must have something to do with OpenCl. It would put a smile on my face from ear to ear if someone can get to the bottom of this because I've exhausted every possible solution as well as dozens of hours of testing.

17. RuBoardRussia

RuBoardRussia Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6480G + 6650M
    How change name 1? Link: s020.radikal.ru/i723/1412/8f/2e832d7651b2.png

18. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    Anyone more than me that notice some sky & loading screen flickering in Skyrim! whit this driver?
    Or it is just me!..

i am currently using my laptop whit Mobility5800 series!

19. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I installed these on my desktop (rig in the sig) last night and proceeded to spend 90 minutes trying to get Eyefinity working. Each time upon clicking the "next" button after selecting my configuration etc. it would go to blank screens (still backlit) on all 3 monitors and stay that way until I hit the restart button on my case. I have identical monitors, 2 with mini DP to HDMI Active Adaptors and one Dual link DVI cable to the third monitor. I uninstalled drivers, ran DDU in Safe Mode, etc to no avail. Reverting back to 14.9 drivers allowed me to setup Eyefinity in 3-5 seconds, first try. Checking on the AMD forums there are others with the exact same issue that I had. :( I ain't impressed this time around...

20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    why are you using active adapers?

290/295 allows 3 legacy connections.