AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Im sorted, Windows reinstall, with the Updates in small batches :)

Will pop these back on tomorrow, as still got some programs/games to go on.

2. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
  3. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yep.

The only real difference is default overscan on HDMI is set to zero, rather than -10 so you dont have to muck around with overscan when changing reso in-game

VSR resolutions for example.

Theoretically, you can do it yourself by changing the desktop res, fix overscan, then set it back.

But thats a PITA once your already in a game and alt-tabbing out goes back to 1080p

If you arent using a TV, its just better to have it set to zero across the board.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  4. Miken420

Miken420 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    I'm getting crashes in CoD:AW and BF4 as well with these drivers on my R9 270. It sucks but I'll have to roll back until something is done.

5. Bucephallus

Bucephallus Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9290 DirectCU II OC
    I'm experiencing exactly the same symptoms - last time it happened I had left the computer briefly while it installed flash and came back to a black screen. Before that it was opening a web page and before that resuming from standby.
    The installation of the drivers and first day were problem free and then it just started.
    I've had the problem on every driver since 14.4, but with the 14.4's I have zero problems.

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, so I've been running my monitors at 75Hz unofficially for a while now (EDID override via CRU). For some reason, it never occurred to me that that may be the issue.

I'll wait a few more days to see the actual verdict, but so far everything has been fine for 2 days now when not overriding the EDID. Will end up feeling pretty silly if I ended up causing this issue myself for so long :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Wow...this Omega driver is actually the first driver in the last...two years, I think, that managed to crash WinSAT multimedia decoding test...AGAIN.
    Never thought I'd run into this problem again after so many versions had been released since it was fixed.

8. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    reinstalled 14.9 and max payne 3 works again

9. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    Hi guys, did anyone see the image quality difference in FC4 with these compared to betas?

Also, got weird GPU Usage and microstutter in World of Tanks with omegas.

10. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I see you have exactly the same card as me. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it might.

11. AnthonX

AnthonX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6970 2GB
    I installed these Omega drivers mainly to fix Far Cry 4 stuttering etc. didn't notice any performance increase.
    My question is, if I installed my game on my storage drive (due to lack of space on the ssd) would these game fixes etc work? Or do the drivers need to 'see' the game in it's default install path in order to make the changes?

If I make some (temporary) space on my ssd and move the game folder to the default location and do a clean reinstall of the drivers would that work, or it does not matter where the game is installed?

Thanks for any insight.

12. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Should work just fine.
    Moving it to your ssd will only improve loading times.

13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    On my end nothing wrong with WoT if anything it is now smoother. I tested with 2560x1600 VSR it looked bit funky and worked bit wonky then. But at normal 1920x1200 all maxed nothing wrong.

14. xermit

xermit Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980ti @ 1470
    My performance is not that bad too. Here's what i'm talking about:

http://gyazo.com/b5640f365cc86a2972109cfd0d2d2650

GPU Usage in WoT just going crazy with these drivers.

15. Cappy1967

Cappy1967 Guest

GPU:
    powercolor r290 4gb
    hey man, just made an account to say that I have a brand new powercolor r9 290 gpu and with any driver after 14.4 I get the blackscreen freeze and then the game comes back after a while.

do you also get a driver crash error message in the system logs ?

16. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Nope, I never get a single thing in the event viewer when I get the freezes, which is pretty puzzling. Maybe it's actually worse than a crash, because it completely kicks the system on its ass, lol.

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just been reading this update, on HardOCP.

18. cod6da

cod6da Member

GPU:
    powercolor rx 480 8gb
    I returned 14.9.Omega not for bf4 mp mantle :frown:

19. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Why? BF4 mantle works fine for my setup - 2 x 7970 crossfire with the Omega. Can't see why one 280X would be a problem then. Have you ever deleted the MantlePipelinecache files between driver updates? I know this can cause problems in Mantle with driver updates.

20. Despoiler

Despoiler Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire TRI-X R9 Fury
    Zero issues from this driver, once again. BF4(Mantle), WoT, LoL, D3, CivBE(Mantle), DoW2 all flawless. Star Citizen seems to hang a bit longer when loading graphics. No issues during gameplay.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014