Ancient Alien Believers Here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Daftshadow, Dec 14, 2014.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    That's where I'm at too

2. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    People believe in aliens = normal
    People believe in god = weirdo

I say let's not believe in things until they are proven, and stop calling others as crazy because you think so

3. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I agree that the chances of intelligent life other than us existing elsewhere in the universe is a very good possibility and highly likely.However, looking at history and studying the patterns of it's affect on human civilization up to present times.I've come to the conclusion that there is an in humane concensus at an elitist level (not attacking all in that category) to mislead or misguide modern society into the belief that ancient aliens existed simply because people of a certain high class skin color were not originally responsible for most of the ancient marvels still existing today.I'm not racist and never will be.It's simply the plain unorthodox and underlying truth, that may never be truly addressed entirely.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well the earth is nearly 5 billion years old(assuming you subscribe to the evolution side of the fence), the universe roundabout 3 times the age of the earth, so i am willing to be open minded to the possibility that in all that time, some type of alien life form might have visited, landed, passed through, or have lived on another planet in our solar system.

I am sure the odds are pretty good for one of those to have happened.

5. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I believe aliens have visited our planet at one time or another, are they responsible for all of our advancements? No. I believe in the power of mankind.

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The universe is unimaginably vast and complex. Life, I believe, is inevitable.

We are a nascent species, but have learned so much already. So for me it's inevitable that life will leave its place of origin.

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why not? You don't need to take the show seriously but the idea is not impossible.

8. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    there are some strange things in out history,yes
    but this show puts in a wierd comic pop science way, that even real scientists are embarrased, to say at least.
    connecting dots that aren't related can lead to "theories" and "discoveries"
    i am still waiting for real scientific explanation, with measurable, real things and palpable proofs beyond any doubt.

9. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Life on earth is a fact. But how did it started is still a huge mystery. If life started from organic sea, what is the purpose of being alive? Why those non-living materials suddenly decided to become "alive"? What for?

How life started on earth is yet to be answered, and now we are assuming life also started somewhere else in this universe.

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Organic molecules could have been an accident. A cell is essentially just a simple machine that replicates itself when the right ingredients are present. There doesn't have to be a "purpose" for anything. I know that goes against our human minds, but it's true. It doesn't mean that there factually is no purpose, just that it's very possible that there isn't one.

11. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    you don't say :/

i was referring to species on the earth not the age of the earth itself

12. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    typical eh :/

having a pop at me just because i don't think the same as you,

isn't that the reason there is so much unrest on the planet ?

just saying

13. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    These right ingredients, never can imagine those.
    The way you say about cell replication is far too simplified. Reproduction is very complicated, even for a single cell.

I was saying you can find evidences for almost anything on the web, even for flat earth.

14. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    This draws a bit from what I'm saying.Some believed the earth to be flat up until the 1800s somewhere round there I think.Ancient peoples of Nubia, whom would later go on to form Egypt, already knew this.A lot of what they knew, fact a lot of what we know today about ancient civilizations is only derived from the remnants of the Alexandrian Library, which was like 20% (not too sure) of the entire archive.Who gets free passes to re-write history at that point? Rome, that's who.These paid mis-informers on TV are just doing their job.Divide and conquer is STILL the modus operandi.

15. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    i know there is a lot of junk to sort through, but some things can be really interesting like ancient artifacts and the like

conspiracy theories are for others and not me that's for sure

16. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    Until proven otherwise, it's entirely possible that it is the case.

17. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Alien Believers I'm fine with. Just no Beliebers please!

18. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Yup, I agree. Seen/read a bunch of those. Ghosts, aliens, conspiracies, time travels, etc. Those were quite interesting for a while, but after some diggings, there were never absolute truth about them and I lost my interest

19. ibitato

ibitato Guest

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm not really having a pop at you, I just disagree with your line of thinking in that "the proof is out there if you look for it". 99.9% of the time, that "proof" is just wishful thinking on someone's part. If there really was genuine, strong evidence towards ancient aliens, it wouldn't be hidden away on sketchy websites. Science doesn't work against truth, despite what some people like to think. Sure, there are times where someone is right and nobody believes them. It happens quite often in science. But in this case, very few of the scientists believe the theory even goes beyond "plausible". If some actual proof is discovered, that is quite likely to change.

The thing is though, early prokaryotic cells were actually very simple. They didn't even have most of the complex organelles that came later. The only tricky part was RNA and then later DNA. The ingredients for those are very specific left handed amino acid chains that don't seem to occur naturally. That's the big question.