Battlefield 4 - Part 5

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Kharg Island please, best large conquest map of BF3

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Anyone know what's new? Are we getting anything more from CTE?

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Dice will post changelog after the update!

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I downloaded this game when Origin was offering free game time. I only play multi-player, even though I completely suck at it.

I have 2 issues. First, is the massive stutter I get. Every 15-30 seconds I get a 5-10 second "pause" in the game. The second is that the game seems to be stuck in windowed mode. Are these things normal for the game? I'm considering buying the game, but if I'm going to be dealing with these 2 issues constantly, it's not worth the money.

That aside, it is nice to see that BF4 is exactly like Medal of Honor. Half the other players are either invincible or have handguns that can fire further than a sniper rifle....or they're invisible.... Oh yeah, there's always that "shooting through objects" issue that every Medal of Honor game has experienced. I really expected BF4 not to have these "tricks".... I always loved shooting someone in the head with a sniper rifle, just to have them survive and kill me with a .44 magnum. "Through the wall" knifings are always fun too....

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its nothing like moh, guess what, you can shoot through objects in reallife. Since you already find out that you suck im not going further into detail, how many hours did you play?

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    News flash for ya. In real life, you can't see through walls (which makes intentionally shooting someone through a wall nearly impossible). In real life, you can't stab someone through a wall (well, technically you can, but you'd have to know exactly where they're standing first and have a knife long enough). In real life, a .44 magnum has no where near the range of a sniper rifle. I was standing on the 3rd floor/roof of a building, and was killed by someone standing on the first floor. At one point, I was killed through a shipping container by someone with a handgun.... Neither case could the shooters have possibly known my exact location.

MOH, I have 1000+ hours across the game series. BF4, I have around 3 hours. I've always sucked at FPS games. It took me 3 years to get through Farcry single-player. I don't have the reaction time to compete with most players, which makes the game frustrating when people cheat. I'm probably among the few that has no issue admitting that they suck at a game.

Now, I'm glad you ignored the 2 issues I'm actually having playing the game, just to attack the rest of my post. In case you just didn't comprehend my 2 issues.
    1. The game only runs in a maximized window and not full screen.
    2. The game suffers from "freezes" that occur every 15-30 seconds and last a period of 5-10 seconds at a time.
    If the first issue is just how the game is intended to be run, that's fine, otherwise a solution would be nice. If you can't help me solve at least the second issue, don't bother responding to this post.

8. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

There is a minimap, there is also many ways you can show up on said minimap. That is how they knew you were in there. They weren't cheating. In addition, if you think it is a good space to hide, at this point in the life of the game, most players have seen other people hide there before, so they will shoot in there or come around the corner firing in there.

Can't help you with your issues, if you dont post relevant info: resolution graphics settings, os etc..

9. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Hopefully they completely removed all guns except the AWS or other LMG's, made them lazer accurate, removed all penalties whatsoever from the support class, added an additional timer for medpacks so you wont heal until the end of the round. Am I bitter? Yes, I think the medpack changes and nerfs for everything but LMG's has all but ruined the game.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    It's Afterburner, RivaStatistics or some hw monitoring software.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The resolution is 1920x1080. The graphics settings are all default since I haven't figured out how to change them. OS is Win8.1 64bit.

What else do you need to know?

I have Afterburner, RivaTune Statistics Server, Realtemp and Hard Disk Sentinel running. Which is most likely to be causing the issue? lol

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    You havent figured out to change settings!? Really.... and there is no default, default is auto and this differs for any system!

Disable Origin overlay! Theres a pretty high chance you have that enabled!

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Nonsense poopiepants!

It's called practice makes perfect. Get a sensitivity that isn't to high (I use 3% and 800 dpi), make sure you have NO acceleration and practice practice!!

Alot of it is related to this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_memory

And eventually aiming is something that has to practically becomes this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automaticity

(at least vs low level opponents)

14. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

This! Disable the origin overlay!

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Pull your head out of your ass. Not all of us spend our entire lives playing games like you obviously do. Until 2 weeks ago, this system was running Folding@Home 24/7.

I've been playing MOH multiplayer for like 8 years and I'm no better at it now than I was when I started. Honestly, even being the worst player on any server, I still have fun with it most of the time. I don't have to be good at a game to enjoy multi-player.

The problem seems to have magically resolved itself. Now I'm just stuck with trying to get full screen instead of windowed mode. Apparently ShadowDuke doesn't understand what "default" means..... In this case, default means the game chose the graphics settings and I'm using whatever it chose.

Now, potentially stupid question inbound. I've been having some "issues" with my internet over the last couple days that were also "magically" resolved between the time I logged out of the game earlier and when I logged back in just a little while ago. With WoW, those same issues would result in similar behavior although with more random "freezing".... Any chance the same happened with BF4?

As for Origin Overlay, yes, it is enabled. I tried disabling it before and another game refused to run until it was re-enabled.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    My my, i understand it pretty well, you dont, cos default means ****, thats what i meant with my text. (And people wanted to know your settings, so saying default means nothing, understood?) But appearently there are things you dont understand, nvm then, do the "magic". Saves us both time.

And btw. you dont need to play games your entire live to know or even guess that ESC let change your settings. You sound like this is your 1st game you play in your life, despite the 1000hours into the whole moh series (the whole series is 15 years old), and even playing WOW, so yeah again, "entire life" is needed for this wild guess...

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Again, pull your head out of your ass.

If you knew even half what you seem to think you do, you'd have provided answers to my questions in your first post, instead of proving how pathetic you are.

18. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    You might be running out of VRam? That happened to me with my 580 on bf3 on some maps... slight stall(framerate drops to 1-10) for 1-2 seconds(every now and then, maybe 30 seconds to 60 seconds intervals) when it refreshed memory.

Edit: Nevermind, seems like it's been solved already :)

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Pretty much this. Me now and me last year 2 different BF2 players, i would destroy myself from last year. Also knowing the map, if you dont know map you wont have much luck. Most players know map and know where you can hide or wheer to expect you to come from.

E.g there is one spot at Zavod where i always plant claymore, i get at least 5 claymore kill coz people keep running into it :D I know that now, skilled platers know that there might be claymore, noobs dont.

20. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    He's pretty much right, default settings are different for everyone. So saying it is on default doesn't really provide anything useful for people to help you. And.... calling people names who are helping you, doesn't exactly do wonders for you either.