Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solo16

solo16 Active Member

GPU:
    7900XTX OC
    well i'm on my 2nd playthrough right after the patch .... played for about 2hrs since the patch released so far so good especially the "performance" ...it's pretty buttery now....FPS wise don't really see any improvement but now stuttering is vanished...I'm on Mantle tho...

2. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    im more worried about the quality decrease. since i moved to win8.1 the performance in this game was butter 60fps already.

3. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    I haven't played the last few days, but from what Bioware posted the quality decrease is for people playing on below ultra settings as pre patch everyone was forced on the Ultra Shader quality. So now they have the proper settings and proper degradation of graphics.

That's if you believe what Bioware states and no other degradation was implemented.

4. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    You basically turn down textures from fade to ultra till they fix this crap.

5. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    just tried it, first cutscene i see, SHINY HAIR lol

****ing ea

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i want warriors to take attention/taunt enemies all time and shield their attacks..but the tactic window is so limited.

7. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    Probably true, shiny textures were only an issue with lower quality meshes. I've just had everything cranked and don't notice any issues at all, game runs great and smoother than before if anything.

Sucks that their trying to make the game playable on toaster ovens has caused some collateral damage in the patch.

8. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm having mixed feelings about this game at the moment, while the game looks great there's a lot of things that damage the experience.

1. Combat is absolutely awful in my opinion, I've actually taken to using Varric with his bow while fighting rather than use the Warrior I've created. I just can't be bothered with the button-mashing. Don't even get me started on the Tactical view.
    2. The sonar exploration thing brings back some nostalgic memories of playing Wild Arms on the PS1, but I can't say I'm particularly enjoying it in this title best part of 18 years later.
    3. The load times are atrocious, even on an SSD they could be much improved. Although in their favour the size of the maps you're running around in are substantial.
    4. I feel a bit like I'm the only person playing an MMO, anyone who has ever played one to any degree will likely know what I mean. When you can't sleep and you log in during the early hours only to find usually busy places are empty.
    5. This one is nit picking a little, but the inclusion of multiplayer has added nothing to the game for me. I doubt I'm the only one, I've never bought a game like this for multiplayer and likely never will. That's dev time that could have been better spent elsewhere.

I could go on for a bit, and honestly despite this I am still enjoying parts of the game. The music for example is fantastic, and the world genuinely does look good. I'll give it a few more hours and see if things improve.

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Dark i think the mmo thing has a lot to do with Bioware's Swtor. They probably have a lot of leftover staff from there with their skillset and approach being mmocentric, people who took the place of old Bioware staff, and it's rather obvious in this game. 80% of the game feels like a generic mmo with most quests being nothing more in terms of quality than the equivalent of mmo dailies. Same goes for the combat.

10. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It definitely feels that way tbh, I hate to say it but so far I've had more involved combat when playing WoW.

11. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    basically they dumbed the combat down for console gamers. Everything else about the game is good though. I didnt think they could dumb down the combat anymore than they did with DA2 but this ps4/xb1 era is a new era and we will end up with a facemashing button that does everything.

12. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    ffs just found out sera is a lesbian. I wanted to get balls deep!! Think ill point my attention to that dwarf scout lol

13. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    They dumded down the tactics as well. This tact camera is crap (too zoomed in) and damn near uncontrollable. And well, the 5 tactic slots don't have anything "tactical" in them, see the img I posted from DAO in the previous page here. It's night and day. But hey its next gen! It's all cool, it's on Frostbite now so it must be better right!?

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Agree with everything you guys are saying.

Visuals are nice.. with SweetFx this game looks superb.
    Models and animations are good
    Size of the maps is also great, plenty of places to explore.

However, the combat is pretty meh.. Dark is right, its pretty dull overall.. just click a couple times and hit the odd number key.
    Your team and the AI is also pretty lackluster. Tactic cam is pointless, I pretty much never use it, where in DAO it was not only decent to use, it was at times mandatory.. but that was also when you would adjust your Tactics options in the menu, which now has been dumbed down into the ground.

Just really sucks that all these new games are made only with consoles as their primary focus.. I understand you go where the money is, but the PC market is still a huge market and could be a much bigger money maker if not for these crap ports that we seem to get and this dumbed down gameplay.

I also agree that the inclusion of multiplayer is a head scratcher.. wtf for?

I will continue to play it, but so far Bioware has done everything but impress me with this launch for PC.

15. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    I started off as a chick to get a taste of her, I like crazy bitches, lol.

You mention you played the game on ultra. After the patch did you do that temp fix or did you just leave everything on ultra?

16. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    Play on Hard or Nightmare, and play a SnS warrior. Combat is anything but boring.

17. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Did temp fix, i noticed the Warden Hawke introduces you do "big hair and big beardey guy" still had a shiny moustash after the fix.

the only things not on ultra for me are tesselation, with msaa off. Fade touched textures

18. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Hai it's DAO here, I was good with tactical combat for every class and I actually required tactics. Just wanted to say hai. :)

Ugh, you casuals these days [​IMG]

19. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    Don't know if it's already posted but the hotfix is up, downloading now 270mb.

20. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Hotfix is out on Origin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.