GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    I believe it's been noted by Nvidia that there is a major driver released aimed for the end of this year, which is rapidly approaching. So we know a driver is coming. Frankly, there is always a driver coming. While I'm not expecting miracles, I don't think it's too much to expect good news in the near future.

Linux drivers aren't particularly relevant to the interests of this thread, however. Great, they got bugfixes. I don't think that has anything to do with the Windows side of things.

2. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    The best thing of all with the driver aimed for the end of this year, is something Nvidia has not implemented in their drivers all these years,
    the introduction of a limited rgb and full rgb option in the control panel.

3. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    It has that doesn't it? Mine does.

It says "optimise for applications" or "optimise for video" in the resolution section I think. I'm on DVI now so the option disappeared when I removed HDMI.

Applications is 0 - 255 range and video is 16 - 235 range.

It even worked across two different displays, I had my projector on full and TV on limited with both connected simultaneously.

There's also auto which did what it says, it ran full when on the desktop and went limited when I put mpc-hc into full screen.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  4. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I don't have that option at all anywhere on the Nvidia control panel,although i am using a DVI to HDMI cable.
    It seems weird to me that you had such an option in the resolution section.
    The only option to toggle full and limited rgb is in the video section and it only affects Media player apps such as MPC-HC.
    It's a very well known issue for all Nvidia users,AMD already has this option in their drivers for quite a long time not sure since when as i have never owened an AMD/ATI gpu.

Also ManualG reported that they will implement this feature in the driver that will be released by the end of the year.
    I am using a Samsung 32inch LCD as a monitor and the colors are very colorless and a blurry mess in every resolution.
    For example i have the dvi to hmi cable plugged into HDMI 3 on my TV in the menu i select PC as the input source the colors are washed out and the display is slightly blurry as well in all resolutions.
    Changing the source name to anything else such as dvd,video the colors are nice vivid and crisp since post processing is applied by the TV to enhance the image quality,but only in my native 1080p and 720p all other resolutions are a big washed out blurry mess.
    That's when the RGB app the lets you choose from limited to full RGB comes in handy.
    I have just one question when you select optimize for applications do you actually see any difference in full screen apps and games?

One final question to everyone ,when the very first LCD tvs where released i immediately bought an 32 inch to use as my main monitor mainly because of the size,
    as no dedicated pc monitors where available in 32 inch.
    Previously i was getting by with an 17inch lg montior with max res of 1280 × 1024.
    Does the above problem only apply to tv's ? or are computer monitors also affected....

Thanks for putting up with my relatively long post....

5. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Hiya, it might not have been in the resolution section as it disappeared when I went from HDMI to DVI, it was definitely there tho lol

I'll plug my PC into my projector tonight and see where it is for you. It definitely wasn't only just videos tho, I've got my projector set to watch movies from my Onkyo amps and the desktop image from the PC was too bright until I altered this setting from auto to limited. 0 (black) was showing as 16 (grey) etc.

You have to set it to RGB output I think too, the others don't give this option.

Games were displayed full range, it was just videos that changed.

In answer to your LCD question, TVs are set up to use studio levels (16 - 235) by default but some (most?) have an option to set HDMI black level (usually called "Full range" or "high" and "limited" or "Low").

PC monitors are set up to accept full by default but again usually have an option to change this to limited.

All this is only with HDMI tho, DVI will always display the full 0 - 255 range.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't really answer your question. Essentially, everything changing from full to limited does can also been done on the display device by altering the brightness (black level) and contrast (white level).

EDIT2: EDIT1 is not strictly true, but then you get into BtB (blacker then black, IE displaying full range on a limited range display) and WtW (Whiter than White) and some devices will not pass this through so no matter how much you raise the black level (brightness control) you'll never to be able to see below 16 on a dark test image, you'll just end up with increasingly bright blacks and less contrast.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Do you mean under "video>adjust video color settings , advanced tab
    Full= 0-255 or limited= 16-255

7. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    No buddy, definitely wasn't that, it was on the page where you set the resolution, I'm almost certain. It doesn't appear unless you use HDMI tho.

I'm not going mad, I promise! lol

8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, I am on DVI so no HDMI here .

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Thanks for the info SpecChum!!
    Regarding for my tv it has options for black level normal and low,i always had it on low because it gave me a very nice dark black.
    Now i finally know that these options are for limited and full range RGB.(to tell you the truth i really never looked into what these black settings where)
    Also thanks for the info for PC monitors as i was thinking about replacing my LCD TV with a 27 inch PC Monitor and was looking earlier today at the BENQ GW2760HS 27'' LED MONITOR have not read any reviews yet as i am still looking till a come to a conclusion.

Back on the main topic of this thread..

I am pretty sure that the current Maxwell GPU's will see a performance driver for sure.
    As others have mentioned which is also the most important and most likely Nvidias first priority is to get most bugs ironed out first.
    No one knows if the next drivers will include a performance jump for the Maxwell 970 and 980 along with the bug fixes.
    I am just guessing here but i think Nvidia is holding back the true potential of the new Maxwells.
    From all past experiences when a new architecture GPU is released the very first set of drivers are mostly very optimized for the no1 benchmark 3dMark to impress the audience with their achievement.
    After that next come bug fixes and over time performance drivers come along slowly bringing up the performance at roughly 10% more during its lifetime.
    I can fully understand all GTX 970 and 980 owners still waiting impatiently for some decent driver with performance improvements..I know i would after investing my hard earned cash on such a card.
    The keplers such as the gtx 770, 780, 780 ti could use some kind of a performance jump as well especially seeing that AMDs newer drivers are starting to perform better on their equivalent or lesser cards from Nvidia..

EDIT: SpecChum Just pulled out a HDMI to HDMI cable and connected it to my PC to check about those settings you were talking about but there are nowhere in sight.I even made a clean installation again of the GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver and tried using latest version of DDU..

10. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    So Bioware released the patch for DAI, are we going to get a driver too?

When i had an ATI card the main thing i didn't like was a driver per month and sometimes a beta, it's been almost a month since this WHQL released, i guess i'm on the same boat again, some optimizations driver would be nice, and SLI fixes would even be better because i'd like to get a second 970, but with the amount of issues people report that's a no, and every driver doesn't seem to do much regarding SLI.

11. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    That's what i was thinking of doing when i bought my GTX 770 to get a second one later once prices dropped to go SLI for my very first time on 1080p.
    But the new consoles and games being released rendering 2gb useless even on 1080p ruined my plans.

12. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    OK, I'm at home now.

Here's a pic of what I mean:

[​IMG]

It doesn't come up for for BenQ, only the Onkyo, but that is a black level adjuster.

13. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    After installing a HDMI to HDMI cable to my TV that i use as a monitor from a DVI to HDMI one i noticed a bug with these drivers.
    Last night as i was watching a movie on my PC i always switch my Power Options to Balanced from High performance,
    so that my PC would go into sleep mode once it's finished.
    This morning after waking up the pc from sleep mode i get no signal at all, i tried to reproduce the problem again by putting my PC into sleep mode
    and waking it up again and the problem persists i get no signal at all forcing me to restart my PC.
    Switching back to my DVI cable the problem went away.
    By the way i am on Windows 8.1 with all updates installed and up to date.

Anyway i don't care if it is a Driver bug or anything else as i never use the HDMI output from my Gpu,
    so i didn't try trouble shooting by trying different drivers as these are running just fine for me.

14. edigee

edigee Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 960/GT 820M
  15. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    That is the same app i use and several other Guru members on their HDTV and the feature that Nvidia has mentioned that will be added to the Control Panel by the end of this year.
    This app works very well but has to be re-applied after a new driver install as it reverts back to normal.

Thanks for posting and informing us about this app as it a very useful tool which works great.

16. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    I wonder why I seem to be the only one who get the option via nvcpl.

Did you see my image kens30?

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Because its a HDMI thing, at least that's what I saw on my Eizo LCD when connected to HDMI.

18. edigee

edigee Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 960/GT 820M
    Let's hope so. ATI/AMD CCC has pixel format feature which works great.
    There's also a similar tool for NVidia cards developed by the guy that invented the madVR render. I guess it's called madshi NVidia rgb fix or something like that.
    We all have it (using HDMI) but as we said it's not working properly.

19. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    Ah, righto

20. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Yep i saw your image and i have that option as well when i used the HDMI cable, but i don't really think it's working as i see no difference in image quality.