Rise of the Tomb Raider to be Published by Microsoft

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Does that mean we get another publisher-exclusive launcher that only gets on people's nerves? :D

3. blaidd

blaidd Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC DualX
    I don't think so. Remember Games for Windows Live? That was a desaster even Microsoft finally acknowledged that. I would like to see Mantle, True Audio and TressFX 3.0 however... This coming from Square-Enix might actually make that somewhat probable (they did use these in three different games already and use quite a lot of AMD-tech)

4. You believe Microsoft would want its hand in a game that supports a competing API?

Their games division has yet to show, that they have given up on trying to convince us their TV box is the ideal gaming platform.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014

5. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    Really hope it gets released on PC one day.

6. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    yesterday i read SFV is PS4 + PC, PS4 exclusive? release as seems no xbone version
    edit: well this trailer say so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769HpWRU1NY

now tombraider is xbone exclusive?

anyway i starting to think 2015 prolly PC gaming era ...
    like DOA5 Last Round is released on steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/311730/), which koeitec never did
    FF13 series even late all released on steam

then SF5 has been decided to release on PC too.. and i bet tombraider will too

even SquareEnix arcade game, Lord of Vermillion series, going to PC with Lord of Arena http://lova.jp/ (moba style)

sounds good to get good rig next year to me

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  7. For anyone concerned, the game is only time exclusive for Xbox. MS admitted it themselves. After their deal with Squeenix expires (a few months) they will make the game for PS4 and PC.

8. SetsunaFZero

SetsunaFZero Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 980Ti 6G
    hope it won't be an XBone Exclusive title :/

9. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    I'm suspecting this is an answer to the Capcom/Sony Street Fighter V deal but only if Microsoft becomes the exclusive and permanent publisher of the game.

10. msm903

msm903 Guest

GPU:
    16 GB
    I love the Tomb Raider games however i generally play them on a PC. Even though I have an XBOX one I will not be purchasing the new game unless it is released on the PC and has good 3D Vision Support. Hopefully my little resistance will add up in the end to show them that it might not have been worth it.

Will See

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Lol someone needs to tell MS and Square that this is not 1997, that going exclusive on the XBone, like they did with TR2 on PSone, isn't going to make people buy MS consoles, the franchise name is no longer big enough to be a console seller and that's before you throw in the fact that it is a timed exclusive.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I guess they really needed a recognizable action adventure exclusive for next year's season. Says more about Xbox than anything.

13. EKRboi

EKRboi Guest

GPU:
    3x GTX970 / 3x AOC i2757
    It is EXTREMELY disappointing that this is going to be an XBone exclusive.. even if it is only a timed one. I REALLY enjoyed the last Tomb Raider game.. it is one of the few games I have played through more than once, much less 3 times AND I think I am going for a 4th play through once I finish FC4 since my new rig now has the balls to play it @ 5760x1080.

Making this a timed exclusive does not make me want to buy an XBone.. on the contrary it will make me not want to pay full price for the game and pirate it when it first comes out for PC and then purchase it @ half off 6 months later.. When are they going to learn they are shooting themselves in the foot with these timed exclusives?

14. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    See, now that is bassackwards friend.
    How exactly is you pirating the game going to help anything?
    I was going to post a long diatribe explaining my point but I am not even going to waste my time.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  15. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Fondly, I think I'm one of the few people on the planet that actually liked GFWL :p.

16. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    and microsoft actually pays to keep it off pc while sony lets developers make a pc version if they want to. Heck sony makes more pc games these days than microsoft does...
    At the end of the day, good luck trying to compete with uncharted 4 with a timed exclusive tomb raider game...

17. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Right now it is exclusive to the Xbox One and Xbox 360. But only because Microsoft has publishing rights. Had Square Enix gone with a different publisher I'm sure we would see an Xbox One, PS4, and PC release at the same time. If this is a timed exclusive (as both Microsoft an Square Enix have said I gathered from a bit of research) I'm sure after that we'll see it on PC and PS4.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014