New AMD driver 14.12 not working...what about you guys?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Ohnooze, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

I was so looking forward to these new drivers and I could not get them to install.

I ended up using DDU to get it all clean then install the old drivers again....then I get this message you see below in this pic. But I was able to get the old ones installed again. Anyone else have this or how to fix it?

[​IMG]

2. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    You need to update your Windows 7 first.

SP1 etc is most likely not installed.

3. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Nope...I have no updates available.

4. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

5. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Make sure you are downloading the Win7 driver and not the Windows 8 driver as it will not give you a message when installing. I would go direct to the AMD website and not a link page. There are a few people suffering from this.

6. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

This is a joke. I just got this R9 290 and I'm thinking I might sell it. It's been nothing but a pain in the ass this far.

I should probably stick to Nvidia.

7. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Just you having this issue... I smell a trollolololol....

8. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

You have to be kidding me....

Look at my history and look at the last issue I had that I finally got fixed.

9. OPres

OPres Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6670
    I am having the same issue in Windows 7, no trolling I'm afraid ... seems nVidia is the far superior product when it comes to drivers I'm afraid ... looks like I will be purchasing one in the near future if I cannot get this driver issue sorted out. Anyone able to resolve this?

10. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x
    I too am having the same problem. I reverted back to the 14.11.2 beta drivers for now. Not sure the problem but a bit of a disappointment.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    deleted

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Only 1 post? Ohnoooze troll in disguide /kidding

The solution to the above problem is simply. Actually, it's so simple it's almost not even worth mentioning.

There are two options. The first is just to copy the HDMI folder from the 14.11.2 drivers and then install the 14.12 driver. The HDMI folder is located under packages\drivers\WDM. Make sure you put it in the same located (copy over the files, or deleted the original files first and replace with these).

The other option if you aren't doing a clean Windows install, and you haven't removed the previous drivers, is simply to do a custom install and deselect the HDMI driver. The HDMI driver itself hasn't changed, so no issue in replacing it.

Also, there are two DIFFERENT versions of 14.12 floating around. The first was the version released to reviewers, the second is the official release driver which is actually newer. Hilbert didn't realise this when he originally posted the 14.12 driver.

Their developmental machines are most likely in test mode without driver signing, it was a simple oversight no doubt. Also, most testing would be for Windows 8.1 now, not 7.

Also, Nvidia do have bugs in their drivers too. It's just that people jump on AMD more for them. Imagine if AMD released a driver that cooked your video card like Nvidia did? I'm sure the uproad would have been much greater. What about those video cards that caught on fire? etc.

13. Trenchdog73

Trenchdog73 Guest

GPU:
    2x 290x Tri-x

Do you have a fix for this little guy?

[​IMG]

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Upgrade to Windows 8.1? ;)

What version of the driver are you using though? The one Hilbert originally posted on Guru3D, or the one directly from AMD? For the one directly from AMD, the Windows 7 drivers are a different download, likewise with the x86 and x64 versions.

15. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

16. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Guys, what is actually your windows edition? Some of windows editions does not allow installation of unsigned drivers.

Put this into command line to get required info about your OS:
    systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"

17. calusari

calusari Guest

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 2080
    uninstall Microsoft update kb3004394

run ddu

install 14.12 omega

this is Microsoft's fault not AMD's

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    bad root certificate?

unusual...

19. Ohnooze

Ohnooze Guest

Question, has it been confirmed that this works for everyone?

Also how do you uninstall a windows update?

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    [​IMG]