AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega WHQL (14.501.1003.0 November 20)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by shadow_craft, Dec 9, 2014.

1. MacT

MacT Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Try the GameTime.MaxVariableFps 59.94 This gives me pretty much straight lines on CPU and smooth GPU frame rates.
    It is advisable to delete the 2 MantlePipelinecache files from the BF4 folder in your 'Documents' folder when you are upgrading the Mantle version (or a GPU upgrade). These files are initially created on first startup of Mantle in BF4. When starting the BF4 game after a Mantle version update, the new Mantle version is loaded using the cached files from the old Mantle version. Could be incompatibilities/corruption causing issues. Best to delete the old cached files and let game recreate them using the new Mantle version.

2. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    You do realize that the your number 1 fastest consumer gpu brand did the same thing when they released their own VSR you twat. It was only available for high end cards, just as AMD is doing it now

Before you come trolling these forums how about you do a little something called research!

3. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    I cant believe that this driver still doesn't have a crossfire profile for FAR CRY 4 ....who cares about downsamplin it could be done ages ago!!
    plus advanced warfare is still borked in crossfire (im startin to regret buyin this amd shiz)

r9 290 crossfire
    120hz 1440p

4. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    VSR will be supported by the entire R-series in future driver updates. Today's Omega driver only supports "Stage One" of VSR, and there will be more functionality added in the future.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/AMD-R...pecials/Catalyst-Omega-Test-Download-1144699/
    (German)

Google translate:

"With VSR can now activate comfortable in the driver and AMD users downsampling. The technique differs somewhat from Nvidia DSR and is currently still therefore with some restrictions. Thus, the maximum resolution is so far determined by both display and graphics card settings as for the filter are not (yet) available. On request AMD insured against us, however, that these restrictions would be eliminated with upcoming driver updates. VSR in the Catalyst Omega should be understood as "Stage One", that is the first stage of development. For example, 4K downsampling to be supported for all Radeon R models in the future"

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They need to fix VSR

it only supports all resolutions in 2 aspect ratios
    and completely ignores people with ultra wide monitors or 21.9 aspect ratios.....
    and there is no way to set custom its pretty **** at the minute so those people without it need not worry as its not doing anything infact its doing less than what you can do with CRU and its been out for ages. and also no 4k resolution pfft.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Its becoming playable for me with this driver. 30-40fps Ultra, fxaa on a single 280X. First time i tried ACU it was in low 25's.

7. Aegis

Aegis Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim X
    Ugh. Horrific drivers for R9 285 - Alien Isolation still crashes with DoF enabled (works fine on the HD 5870 with the same drivers), Evil Within is completely unplayable (all menu options invisible) - I have to roll back to the 14.30.1005's to run anything reliably - very disappointing. When did AMD get so bad? My 5870 gave me years of gaming bliss..???

8. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You need to understand I'm not a hater. Three out of my last three cards were/are AMD.

As I said, I shouldn't be that mad about it, but it is touted like a major upgrade for everyone, and in the end the only thing we get is not even a registry toggle.

It's just kinda disappointing.

9. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    I've completely uninstalled the driver with DDU in safe mode and rebooted.

Still I have flash player crashes on youtube with hardware acceleration, Civilization crashes with Mantle, I don't see any of the new video enhancing options(I did toggle the force checkbox a few times) and I can't make use of the virtual super resolution option..

Any idea what to do to get this thing to work on my 290? or should I just reinstall Windows again :/

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    what OS? check the file you downloaded and make sure it matches.

When was the last time you updated your creative drivers? they have a reasonably new beta.

most of the new video options are only for 285, only a couple are for 290.

11. calusari

calusari Guest

GPU:
    nvidia GTX 2080
    980/970 owners can only brag about power efficiency cause perf is barely better than cards over a year older

what a deal, i can't believe nVidia's prices are so competitive!

12. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090

You are the kind of dick that makes people like me with legitimate complaints look like asses.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    who gives a damn about power efficiency, i want FPS.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Give these settings a try in your userCFG if you haven't already.

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 1
    RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 1

I use those with vsync on + limiting fps to screen refresh rate.. also using mantle and it is smooth as butter for me.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Quote For Truth

16. zecableguy

zecableguy Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X
    I hope you are correct. AMD reaped benefit by rebranding those cards R9. I hope they realize that they now have some responsibility to those of us that bought these "new" cards.
    I've read where they said they are going to support this feature on all R9 cards. But I also see where they try not to mention the 280 and 280X when they talk about R9 cards... :) Same for 270 and 270X.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    AMD stated in one of their new video's on youtube that VSR is releasing "first" on the higher end cards.. which implies it will come later to some of the lower end cards.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yes, amd has stated this is only initial release, they will be updating for more cards.

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  20. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    Windows 8.1 64bit, file download matched. I've even tried with the auto install utility but still no success..
    Did a normal uninstall > reboot > uninstall with driver sweeper > reboot safe mode > DDU clean and reboot > reboot again > install 8.1 64 bit drivers..
    What do my creative drivers have to do with this? :3eyes:

Issue with civilization has been fixed, figured out how to activate the virtual super resolution.
    It's under my digital displays and then enable GPU down scaling.

I'll try a creative driver update, hopefully that fixes my youtube issue.
    Still a shame that the video options are not enabled for a 290, but are for a 285..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014