Anyone else getting this error in event viewer?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by IcE, Aug 11, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x408030=0x80000003

I haven't noticed any problems, but this has popped up about 6 or 7 times in event viewer. Usually pops up a few times in a row. Some bug with the latest driver? And what exception is that referring to?

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I have gotten that desription I just not 100% it was 13 or 14 ID .
    It happened when GPU was OC to far , if I remember right .

Are you running OC 'ed GPU ?

3. mubaidr

mubaidr Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5750
    Could be bad drivers, try reinstalling... (or downclock is you are overclocking your gpu)

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Nope, it's running stock right now.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You could drive yourself mad with event viewer errors, unless you are having problems with something, let them be

My machine is fine, I use it about 16 hours a day, and my event viewer is FULL of warnings and errors, there are sections of about 10 with the same error over and over

No issues my end, no problem, let it be

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    But it hasn't been there until recently. That's why it's bothering me.

7. solomyn

solomyn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    I joined this forum just because of this very same issue! Like the OP, this hasn't been an issue on my self-built PC (which is about 4 months old). However, since last Saturday (8/2/2014, when I updated to 340.52), I have been receiving the same errors in my Windows System Event Log. At that time, I also got my Nvidia 3D kit and experienced the INCREDIBLE world of 3D gaming.

I am really apprehensive to drop back to earlier versions of drivers, though...

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What bios version does your 780 have? Mine is an early 80.3A version. I bet it's an incompatibility in the driver with some random function, as it doesn't seem to be causing any actual problems that I've noticed. It doesn't seem related to thermal throttling or clocks either, as I had it during a time that I was playing Minecraft.

But yeah, this is definitely related to the 340+ driver.

9. solomyn

solomyn Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
    My 780 is running 80.80.31.00.82. And I have no problems whatsoever. I only noticed this because I'm OCD, and check the Event Viewer regularly. The errors were generated unbeknownst to me while I was watching some videos. I just happened to check the logs after the video...

10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Exactly! I used to be Event Viewer obsessed and tried to hunt down every single error. It's madness. I let it go.

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Hmm so you have a B1 chip then. Interesting. May be 780 specific. May be worth reporting to Nvidia in the bug thread on their forums.

12. jamadhaaa

jamadhaaa Guest

GPU:
    gtx 750 1gb
    oh god! guys i know its late but have you seen an other info with regards to those errors???? mine is like this

"Graphics Exception: ESR 0x408030=0x80000003"
    "Graphics Exception: Const out of Bound"

i got two,... it just appeared last night, hasn't reaappeared after almost 20 hrs but still this the first time i got them so please help!

btw i do not overclock, my drivers are just 340.52, i didnt install 344.11 due to bad feedbacks... please help!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  13. levicki

levicki Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX980
    I have the problem with this error -- display driver crashes while I am browsing the Internet and then I get the following in the event log:
    Code:
    The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video7
    Variable String to Large

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

\Device\Video7
    Variable String to Large

\Device\Video7
    NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 1):     TEX NACK / Page Fault

\Device\Video7
    NVRM: Graphics TEX Exception on (GPC 0, TPC 1):     TEX LAYOUT

What the hell is going on? I heard that rolling back to pre-March drivers fixes it, is that true?

14. scribe

scribe Guest

GPU:
    GTX 570
    I joined the site just for this problem. I have been getting this same error and would love to find a solution. My machine has been solid for years never a single problem until now
    "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" flickering screen

15. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    got the same error today (was watching twitch stream so GPU was pretty much idle)

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. blah blah

\Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x51ca24=0x80000041 0x51ca28=0x20080001 0x51ca2c=0x44070c 0x51ca34=0x0

16. Sycuss_MoO

Sycuss_MoO Guest

GPU:
    WB Asus Tuf 4090
    I was getting this all the time with the 344.80 driver. Going back to 344.75 stopped the problem. Also going back alloudnme ot oc further. 344.80 just an overall bad driver

Note when this does happen any overclocks will be lost and sometimes the.gpu will get stuck in 2d mode.

17. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z

I see. Switched back to 344.75 and so far so good. It's also possible that it was all my fault as I didn't use DDU when I upgraded and now it showed that I still had some leftovers from a previous GPU.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Simple.

Copy this text into notepad

save it as clearevents.bat (MUST HAVE .BAT AT THE END)

right click on file and run as admin

it will clear out ALL events in event viewer. Good to get those pesky errors out of your mind lol

But great if you really wanna track the cause of errors/warning down.

In all honesty though unless your errors are critical just.......

[​IMG]

19. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Im using 344.80 without a problem.

There are certain things that you all need to know to not have these type of errors.

1. Dont install Geforce-Experience or 3D Vision (When installing drivers always choose Driver, HD-Audio and PhysX)

2. Dont use Firefox web browser

3. Dont use HDMI for your monitor always use DVI

4. Dont use SLI, Always use a Single card.

5. Do not OC your card past factory clocks and also dont install any OC'ing software.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  20. TRYJAY

TRYJAY New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 (2) SLI
    This is the error I'm getting...

This has been causing my puter to restart.
    I have done everything to fix but replace psu and ssd for C drive!
    I have formatted and reinstalled os 1/17/2015
    All drivers from Evga.
    Never over heated or over clocked. (EVER)
    HELP!!
    =============================

System:
    Intel 3.2Ghz I5 four core 3470
    EVGA Z75 SLI mainboard
    8 Gig G Skill Ripjaw DDR 2133 memory
    (2) GTX 570 HD, By EVGA (only have one card in)
    Antec 1000 watt psu.
    (1) Crucial M4 128Gig SSD<---- FIXXED
    (2) WesternDigital Raptors, 150 Gig.
    (1) WD EXTERNAL H/D 2 TERA BYTES
    (1) WD passport 1 TB external h/d.
    ========================

Using win8, all updated.
    Using Video drivers 9.18.13.4709 Dated 12/13/2014

Been at this for over two months.....