GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Aaand the article is down.

Either way the very same article states that in most of the games they tested there was NO performance increase.

I mean, COD Goats? It was almost dead on PC month after release, now with AW it's meaningless.
    Rome total war? Oh come on, Sniper Elite 3? Tad too late for that.
    Batman? Late to the party, same with Bioshock.

And for the games which are still relevant, like BF4 there's no perf increase.

Lol, just lol.

2. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

Scaling >
    Chroma up > NNEDI3 32 neurons
    doubling > NNEDI3 Double Luma - Always 32 neurons
    doubling > NNEDI3 Double Chroma - Always 32 Neurons
    image up > Jinc 4 taps - activate anti-ring
    image down > Catmull-Rom - activate anti-ring

artifact removal 1 Low 2 High

Rendering > general settings >
    delay playback start until render queue is full > checked
    delay playback start after seeking , too > checked
    Enable windowed overlay > checked
    use a separate device for presentation > checked
    use a separate device for DXVA processing > checked
    Cpu Queue 16
    GPU Queue 12
    Windowed mode settings video frames in advanced > 3
    Dithering Error Diffusion - Option 2
    Use Colored Noise > checked

Lav Filters > CUVID > Hardware GPU Deinterlacing > 50/60 video > High Quality

All the rest doesn't matter, the issue should happen, just fast forward/back forward a lot of times until you have green flashes and until the video freeze, could take 50 and sometimes 10 after the first green flash.

We have 970/980 , why should we use lower than NNEDI3 for anything ? this card can take it all.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  3. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I know right? Who needs performance increase and driver optimizations! I mean it's not like late 2014 TWIMTBP titles are working better on 200$ cheaper AMD hardware or anything..

4. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    I don't see any green anything or any problems. I can not replicate your problem. I tried to change some general settings to try recreate your problem, but it's not giving me any problems either.

Also, use your eyes to choose the best settings. Just because NNEDI3 takes more GPU power does not mean it's BETTER. If you want better image quality, get a hardware calibrator and use the 3dlut function. Image quality is lower with your settings for my 720p video.

5. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Which one of the settings ?

6. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Chroma NNEDI3 upscaling adds noise to 720p. Chroma double NNEDI3 doesn't increase quality any, but adds load. I don't see any difference for dithering option above ordered dithering. Artifact removal also adds slight noise on my system.

The settings I tried to recreate your problems were in the general settings for overlay, presentation device, etc.

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    There is another issue, in some movies with this same settings when using Subtitle when it is shown there is just slow-mo lag, Render Queue is 1 all the times. When I'm hiding the subtitles or not loading subtitles at all the same movie is perfect... Why the bloody subtitles causing this problem. that's why my friend didn't have the problem, usually he watch movies without subtitles at all. It makes the video freeze too, but the sound continues... wtf with subtitles :X

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

This sounds like a big nvidia fanboy rant.

PS COD Ghosts is not dead, 1200 players daily is not bad. BF4 relevant? if I rant on your post BF4 is garbage, BF3 is miles better :p

And speaking of optimizations, you can't really squeeze more if you already have 99% gpu usage, unless you somehow readjust whole driver to eliminate any extra overheads and make that 99% even more 99 -100%.

Hope nvidia will tweak driver more like with R337 branch, what AMD needs is proper multi core driver code.

9. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Which subtitle module are you using? I use XySubFilter Beta2 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168282. If already using that, I'm not sure what else to try.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

Ye I tried to use xy-VSFilter_3.0.0.211 , but this is bloody messy subtitle filter compare to the built-in PotPlayer which I must to sync subtitles sometimes and it just bloody work fine excpect for this problem . I've found the fix, I need to use Font Renderer Vector instead of Bitmap.

Now the subtitles works properly with built-in Potplayer subtitles.

11. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    For a large triple-A title that was released last year, 1200 players is pathetic.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Other triple-A titles ain't doing much better either.. So I guess those are pathetic too? :grin:

And what I actually meant before was, game boosts are always welcome even if its some less played game.
    Plus it was offtopic from beginning, AMD speedups in nvidia driver section..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There isn't much we can do to improve game performance, it all depends on the hardware you have and the drivers.The OS is already optimized by M$.

14. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Im finding it somewhat intersting that the moment nvidia released the 900 series and didnt release any drivers except bugfix drivers.

That AMD has started to focus even more on getting better drivers out (Omega drivers, yes just like the old modded drivers)

..im going to be so freaking mad if AMD has better driver support in half a year due to me just buying a 970 1½ months ago

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeap, Maxwell hasn't received a good performance driver yet, but i hope NVIDIA's working on something because the Catalyst Omega is HUGE.

16. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    They were both quiet for a long while leading up to the Omega announcement. I suspect Nvidia's got a thing or two up their sleeve.

17. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  18. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
  19. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z

Reasons are mentioned 2 posts above yours - Maxwell was hyped like a messiah and didn't get **** in terms of drivers even 2+ month after the release. Many people here upgraded to it (including YOU) and still didn't get a proper performance boost. R346 driver suggests (hopefully) a newer branch and improvements for windows in near future. Making new thread on a forum where majority is using Windows just to post some news on driver progression in other OSs makes no sense.:stewpid:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  20. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    I understand what you are saying however if you go to first page where dl links are you will see that this thread is for Win OS only. Got it now?
    Yes,IMHO it's better to open a new thread to "introduce" to us these drivers unless you don't believe your point of your post.

<and please,leave this smart-@ss attitude for other forums,don't use it here>

:cheers:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014