GeForce 344.75 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Nov 18, 2014.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I just tried this and looked at both cards GPU load. Both 0% when I move the mouse around fast. Never changes. No matter how slow or fast both cards never goto 1% or higher.

I have a Razer Deathadder @ 1000 polling.

2. EddySantiago

EddySantiago Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 765M GTX / 2 GB
    I have problems with my driver it seems, it is the latest version as per the Nvidia GeForce Experience Manager, I am currently downloading manually to try a reinstall from scratch. Anyone else having the same issue with this driver and the 765M GTX with World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor?

All info is welcome, I will try reinstalling and rolling back the driver if needed.

Thanks.

3. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Did any of you checked your overclocking ? when I watch a movie in PotPlayer after a while I have frames drop that keeps going up, without overclocking there is no issue like that.
    I takes time, it's not instant, it can take up to 20min or just trying to fast forward fast back back forward many times can make it happen quicker.

I have the Asus Strix
    Cause when I try to use gpu mhz 1333 and memory 7150 I get frames dropped in movies.

I can't see how come 90% of the people have perfect card that can do 200 mhz without problems...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah same here, Razer Copperhead @ 1000 polling.

The only time I saw up to 6% was with firefox opened in the background (running x64 with hw on).

5. xaudiox

xaudiox Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Tuff OC
    Cannot get this MSI 970 4G card working properly with bf4 + 344.75.
    Screen tearing as frames are dropping to 50/55 card is not downclocking but GPU usage never tops 75%.
    Tried rolling back drivers, same issue.
    Anyone else ?

6. rodrigoles

rodrigoles Master Guru

GPU:
    Rx 5600 XT
    Well, at least you guys have something to hope for since maxwell is the new hot thing.

For the poor folks with old keplers, mostly gtx 6xx, seems like nvidia don't give a **** anymore, some recent games are performing considerably better on similar AMD cards, the 7970s/280xs are smoking the gtx 680s/770s, actually in some titles they are getting similar performance to the superior(and more expensive) gtx780. Nice way to force people to upgrade.

7. NJCermak

NJCermak Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX970
    Is anybody else getting their clocks stuck in 3d performance/boost mode? Seems to happen pretty consistently for me...but I'm not sure if it's a problem somewhere on my end as opposed to a driver issue.

[EDIT]
    Running an MSI GTX 970.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  8. TheOne320

TheOne320 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX660 TI-DC2OG-2GD5
    I have a 660ti and with this driver installed, my card only uses PCIE gen2 instead of Gen3. Is this a known problem and what was the last working version?

9. exdhawk

exdhawk Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 EVGA FTW3
    here in wow:wod the gpu go from 35% usage to 0% and still jump, i got 5 fps in heavy populated areas, i back to 344.65 and gpu usage back to normal.

10. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Hey guys, been a while since I've been on the green side but I am trying to change the led brightness on my cards with little luck. In nvidia experience under led visualizer is shows as ready with a green check mark but I a missing the configuration button to actually modify it.
    Any ideas?

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does anyone that use 3DTV with PowerDVD 1080p24 watching 3D movie, after you exit the 3D mode, in this site http://www.testufo.com/#test=eyetracking&pattern=stars&ff=1
    does it still says 24 hz in chrome ? cause in IE it works 60hz while chrome is 24hz, disabling Hardware acceleration in chrome makes it go back 60hz.

Hm I've found the problem.
    I have the Intel HD4000 enabled, (*MVP LucidLogix uninstalled in this case, not that it effect this problem).

Disabling HD4000 after watching the 3D movie didn't fix it, but reenabling fixed it.

Making the HD4000 as Extended VGA (*Fake Monitor without connection to a monitor) fix this issue automatically.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  12. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx - Neo G9
    No extra usage here either, GTX 970 with a Logitech G502 mouse on 1000hz polling.

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
  14. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Mavr + Potplayer

Does anyone has issues with 970/980 with NNEDI3 ?

CAN anyone please confirm that NNEDI3 doesn't work properly with NVIDIA 970/980 GTX using 344.75 drivers ? Please

if the Nvidia 3DTV is enabled than there is SLOW DOWN after couple of seconds. There is green flash and subtitles arifacts black square or just messed up subtitles. renderer queue goes to 1 permatnaly instead 2-3, non stop dropped frames. Changing to Upscaling Jinc fix the problem instantly. With Nvidia 3DTV is disabled, there are no slow down, but there is a green flash every couple of seconds or when fast/back fowarding x number of times, and the more you do it eventually the video would freeze, the seconds doesn't move, but you can pause/play and move to any duration you want, but the movie won't play until Stop and Play. When restarting or Logging off windows 7, there is a little flash, like small tiny flash that doesn't happen before the problem with the NNEDI3. it's like something in the Nvidia Drivers or Madvr that messing something up, I just need confirmation about this, Games are running properly.

please someone confirm , and does nvidia knows about it ?

16. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Madvr (87.10 & 87.11), MPC-HC 1.7.7 (latest stable), Win 8.1 working with NNEDI3 (luma double) GTX980. No lag, or any problems here. I even have the GTX980 overclocked.

EDIT: I don't have a 3DTV but I do have the 3D Vision 2 kit. My stereoscopic player works fine with 344.75. 3D mode is off when I use MPC-HC since the video is not in 3D. Stereoscopic player turns on my 3D and can watch 3D movies on it fine. I'm not sure why your player would activate 3D mode when playing a video. Does potplayer support stereoscopic video?

17. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP

Yes, but it's disabled.

what are your Madvr settings ?

Scaling >
    Chroma up > NNEDI3 32 neurons
    doubling > NNEDI3 Double Luma - Always 32 neurons
    doubling > NNEDI3 Double Chroma - Always 32 Neurons
    image up > Jinc 4 taps - activate anti-ring
    image down > Catmull-Rom - activate anti-ring

artifact removal 1 Low 2 High

Rendering > general settings >
    delay playback start until render queue is full > checked
    delay playback start after seeking , too > checked
    Enable windowed overlay > checked
    use a separate device for DXVA processing > checked
    Cpu Queue 16
    GPU Queue 12
    Windowed mode settings video frames in advanced > 3
    Dithering Error Diffusion - Option 2
    Use Colored Noise > checked

With this settings it seems to play perfect with Upscaling Jinc, I'll test NNEDI3 now.

EDIT : I think the settings that screwed everything was

Use a separate device for Presentation

And using Windowed Overlay make sure there are no presentation errors.

So it's 2 birds in one.

EDIT : There are still green flashes some random times using the Overlay settings, but it happened to my friend to with Windows 8.1 760 GTX 344.75, so this is surely ok to happened

18. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    MADVR:

Scaling>
    Image Upscaling > Jinc 4 taps anti-ringing
    Image Downscaling > Catmul-Rom anti-ringing & LL

Profile for 720p24:
    Chroma Upscaling > Jinc 4 taps anti-ringing
    Image Doubling > Luma NNEDI3 64 neurons, Chroma disabled

Profile for SD 30fps:
    Chroma Upscaling > NNEDI3 64 neurons
    Image Doubling > Luma NNEDI3 64 neurons, Chroma 64 neurons

(I have many more profiles, but only put 2)

Rendering > General Settings >
    enable windowed overlay
    use a separate device for presentation
    use a separate device for DXVA processing
    CPU queue size: 16
    GPU queue size: 8

Windowed mode settings video frames in advanced > 8
    flush, flush & wait (sleep), don't flush, don't flush

Dithering >
    Ordered Dithering
    use colored noise

EDIT: I just looked at what your wrote in edit. Are you guys using the same video file? Maybe the source has a problem?

19. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Ha,, you don't use Upscaling NNEDI3 for 1080p, that is why you don't see the issue with slow or green flash.

No we didn't use the same video source, I don't think it matters, cause whether it's 1080p or 720p there was the issue for me.

You are using totally different settings for 980 GTX you are missing tons of quality.
    Look here http://wiki.mikejung.biz/index.php?title=MadVR

Some of the settings I agree but some I don't.

In LAV Video I'm using
    CUVID
    Hardware GPU Deinterlacing > Checked 50/60 Video High Quality > Checked

EDIT : For now with the settings I'm using NNEDI3 WORKS PERFECT

The bad settings were
    Overlay Unchecked - Need to be Checked
    use a separate device for presentation Checked - Need to be Unchecked

And 3DTV Disable for some reason, or maybe not, I'll test after the movie xD

20. Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf Member

GPU:
    GTX980 4GB
    Eh, I have a 1080p monitor so 1080p video doesn't use any scaling. Only thing that upscales is chroma, and madshi said himself that chroma NNEDI3 upscaling is minimal benefit at best. I'll look at what wiki to see if there's anything to be improved, but I've been using madvr for a long long time keeping up to date with the doom9 thread about madvr and its discussions.

Give me the EXACT settings you want me to use for 1080p video, and I'll try it.

EDIT: I also use FineSharp shader http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171346