AMD’s Radeon R9 390X ES Performance Numbers Leaked - Faster than Geforce 980

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Rich_Guy, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Dude,that card on chart is a 390X not a 380X.
    It is the flagship of AMD,the 390X.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What a ridiculous statement. I expected more from you, Veteran. Trolling in every thread you post lately.

Would like to jump on this flamewar but some of us been warned already. Ah, shame.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes and in the original post on chiphell it is 380x supposedly. But that is beside the point anyways. If Titan 2 uses less then this card then it would be really amazing card way better then 980.

4. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    and to think that i come from the ign comment section to this..

my god guru-s what the hell is happening to u all

5. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    The guy that said the card is a 380X is Sernox,a guy that built conclusions taking speculations as confirmed news.Even the ppl on Chiphell are speculating whether it's a 390X or 380X.

6. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    i will say this again.. it is irrelevant to the topic at hand that the titan 2 will outperform the 390x. But of course it will but then again there will be a 395x that will eat titan 2 for lunch. and so on and so forth

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT

Yes supposedly as in not certain it could be either. :) But oh well. In 6 months we will be wiser about the coming GPU's anyways.

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
  9. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
  10. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    With a New windows 6.1 :roll:

11. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    I`ve just seen that...whaaaaa!?
    windows 6.1 is just Windows 7 Ultimate.

12. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    How do they even know if its the 390x? Doesn't even say. Could be a 380x, 370x, 385x or whatever.

13. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    Yeah,it could be a nV card./jk
    The name is not important,but many forums believe that the card in chart is the "top dog" from AMD.
    Captain Jack is cool name for a card...just imagine the questions on forums: "Can I use in CF a Captain Jack with a Captain Barbossa? "

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No such thing as a troll to me, don't know what your going on about and to be honest I don't really care.

Funny how the AMD users are biting lol, hook line and sinker as usual.

I made a perfectly valid statement that WILL carry some weight. A GM200 with around 2880 Cudas is going to be very very powerful, just like at the 980 with its massively reduced cudas yet its still a big performer.

2 words....Maxwell Architecture.....AMD users you have been warned.

15. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Uh oh... here we go again. The AMD hype train has left the station and if history is any indicator, it will be traveling non-stop to it's destination.... the land of disappointment.

I'd like to see AMD release a killer card as much as any of you, but after reading this thread, i've decided to just sit back and watch the rumors and fabrications spiral out of control.

Example:
    And when has this happened in the past? When has the retail card been "much faster" than an engineering sample leak? Early engineering samples with lower clock speeds are almost always kept in-house or shown running at an event and I can't think of an incident where one got into the hands of some website who would risk violating NDA. If this is indeed a real benchmark, I guarantee it's borderline final-silicone and very close to release.

My personal opinion on the benchmarks is they're probably fake. Those of you who say ChipHell has a good track record on leaks are blinded by your desire for this to be real. ChipHell had fake benchmarks for Bulldozer, HD7990, HD4870, 9600GT, as well as many other cards. Just run a google search.

As for these graphs, rofl, Captain Jack, I remember the hype before mantle was introduced, *annihilate all of Nvidia* then when it hit the streets - "Oh it only works in cpu bound situations"... and don't get me started on Bulldozer.

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    okay i have to say this titan 2 crap is getting out of hand. since when can u compare any single card from nvidia and amd to the titan series of cards?

17. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
  18. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    first of all neither nvidia and amd have a killer card these days , the just switch places when it comes to performance

19. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    given the titans history the titan 2 will outperform the 980ti and the new if called 1080 series.

so by that logic u can aslo say nvidia 980 users be warned titan 2 is coming

20. pbvider

pbvider Guest

GPU:
    GTX
    There is no Titan series ,there is only GTX or Quadro.Also I`m comparing those 2 cards since any reviewer out there is using it in their tests.

The Titan 2 will be outperformed by the 980Ti,not the other way around.The GTX 980 users knows very well that Titan 2 will come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.