Elite: Dangerous

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Just play in the single player mode, the world data is updated but you won't meet human players, that's how I'm playing for now :)

2. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    If I play it, I will. What I like though is to feel like I'm playing in a pure environment, me vs. computer. Each time I start a new game, I want it to be the same because I want everything to come down to my skill and decisions. I don't like the idea that my game will be different because of the actions of a whole bunch of people I don't know. Plus a general distaste for having things online rather than on my computer which I trust.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i guess we will see.

What do you mean interfered? Dont use the most common routes if your getting Pirated on. Also you need to master basics of combat. ED has a high learning curve, fortunately this is good in my opinion.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This was interesting.

Hurry up December 16

xDDDD

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah that was the premier event this weekend, Kate Russell who was heavily involved in the KS. I was gonna go to that event but never quite got around too it. Anyhow yeah things are looking good for this game and it can and will only improve overtime. Its one of the few games im interested in along with GTA 5 and MGS 5. Anything else i dont care much for.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Same for me.. I still can't believe that MGS5 is coming to PC!

I blame you for getting me interested in Elite Dangerous.. hahahaha!! I had never heard of it before until seeing this thread and all the stuff you posted about it.

I wonder.. will we be able to land on Earth?

and if so, I wonder if they will model it with all the accurate cities and locations.. albeit.. 1000 or so years in the future.

Would be kinda cool to see.. say.. like.. the Sydney Harbor Bridge.. or Big Ben in London.. if they still stand that far off into the future?

: J

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes you will be able to. Land on earth, in the old games you had spaceports at London, new York, Paris, Vancouver, Sydney, Melbourne from what I can remember. Probably a few more but cannot remember all of them. I would imagine that they will make earth one of the most detailed places to visit. How detailed it will be is unknown, but I would imagine it to be like you said with famous landmarks for each country. You will be able to get out and walk around your ship as well as fight.

8. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Noice~!

*edit*

The video starts at about 4 minutes.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Thanks for posting this mate :thumbup:
    David Braben and Michael Brooks.

11. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Are we still going to be able to scavenge in the future?

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yes, large ships that take damage, the cargo will be seen floating out as well as realtime damage to the ship will be seen until it is repaired.

13. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I've just realized another (obvious in retrospect) downside of no actual solo play - there's no way to pause the game?

Is that correct? If so there's no way I can buy this. If someone calls whilst I'm playing or I want to play intermittently, I don't want to lose whatever I'm doing.

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  15. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

16. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    That's not exactly a pause button now, is it? In the middle of a space battle and a friend calls or I have to cook dinner or have plans - I can hit pause in any single-player game and come back and carry on later. I assume in ED, that this it not possible. No single player makes this game pretty much impossible for me to enjoy. Maybe I can get up at 3am when everyone else is asleep. : /

Cancelling the single player mode for this game was a huge mistake.

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah that's pretty cool.
    Press escape ffs, game paused.

18. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It's not. The world continues when you're in the menus, I've nearly crashed into stations a couple of times when trying to get the controls working how I want them!

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Oh i see my mistake.

20. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Guest

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I think so long as everything is in a shared universe there's no way it can be otherwise. Maybe there's something I haven't thought of. But if you allow it, you'd get ships just frozen in space that you couldn't target, couldn't interact with... Aside from any breaking of immersion, it would be an incredibly easy way to cheat. Outnumbered? Pause until your friends can get there. Or just leave it paused for a few hours whilst you go and watch a movie and then slip away when the person you were in combat with is bored and has stopped watching you. Sadly, I think this is an inescapable consequence of not having a solo / offline version of the game any longer. :(