Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread - Pt.1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    there is no wrong choice, but going through the main quest to get to skyhold wouldnt hurt anything.

2. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    you dirty dirty old man!

3. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Glorious :D

4. jimdove

jimdove Guest

GPU:
    Windforce 1080ti
    Ive hardly got into the story at all (even tho my playtime is in excess of 6hours due to performance tweaking) This "sera" is the one I intend on romancing. I dont even care if she is a hobbit/dwarf. The name Sera is filth! FILTH! i tell you. And its the name of the hooker from leaving las vegas Elisabeth Shue

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Lord, this game is immense, both figuratively and literally! I clocked up about 25 hours on the PS4 so far, reached level 10 on my human warrior called Maxwell (but not House!) and I still don't feel quite like I've scratched the surface of the game yet. I do, however, have a choice of 8 companions now but that only makes it harder to decide who to take with me as they are all useful IMO. The last one I got, , is absolutely bonkers but because of that it means I have to include her just to hear her comments as I explore.

This game is the closest yet to offering the kind of insanely addictive gameplay that both Oblivion and Skyrim had, albeit the story isn't quite as interesting as those games but it's not bad. One area where DAI wins over the Elder Scrolls games though is its combat and, while I admit I'm pretty much 'button-bashing' at the moment rather than being tactical, I am nevertheless enjoying it a lot. I am only playing on Normal difficulty however. I suspect if I ramped up the difficulty that I would have to put more thought into how I approach the combat.

One annoyance for me, well two actually, is the lack of anywhere to store loot and the fact that I can only carry 8 health potions for my entire party rather than 8 per person. That means I have to keep returning to a nearby camp to stock up when I could just keep on exploring. Also, you never ever find spare potions in chests or on fallen enemies either, plus there is no way, as far as I know, for a mage to heal a party during combat (correct me if I'm wrong though).

Apart from some odd hitching last night on PS4 that lasted about 20 minutes - I was running forward and the game seemed to halt intermittently for a split second - I did not encounter any other glitches, bugs (of the dialogue kind) or crashes in the 5 hours I played.

DAI is an absolutely astonishing good sequel and improves on just about everything I disliked about the previous games. This could well end up being my favourite game of 2014 at the rate it's going. The graphics are also fabulous on PS4 with only a wonky framerate distracting from the aesthetics from time to time. Audio is equally excellent though the sound mix is a bit low for my liking with the music, which from what I have heard is atmospheric and fitting, and especially dialogue being hard to hear at times. It seems much clearer and louder in the PC version but then I am playing that in stereo rather than DTS surround sound like on PS4.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Finally got her last night. I just need one more, who I believe is at the inn in Redcliffe as I sided with the Templars.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Like 4 hours worth of main quests.

You need to be level 11/12 or above to kill that dragon. If you're nowhere near that ignore it and come back later, it's not important to kill it.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i still couldn't get a satisfying answer pls DO REPLY.

as a MAGE. i put my skil points on FIRE focus magics.

so if i use FIRE weapon/ STAFF? ; my fire skill bonuses also affects the fire staff i use?

9. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Hey guys.

Found this interesting info about Bioware's implementation / modification of the Frostbite engine.

Frostbite 3 was used with SpeedTree.

SpeedTree is a group of vegetation programming and modeling software products developed and sold by Interactive Data Visualization, Inc. (IDV) that generates virtual foliage for animations, architecture and in real time for video games and demanding real time simulations. It has been licensed to developers of a range of video games for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 and has been featured in about a dozen major 2013 film releases, including Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness, as well as 2012's Life of Pi and 2009's Avatar.

No wonder the vegetation and landscape looks better than that of BF4.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Nope, staff element doesn't affect anything best i've seen.

11. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s

Get a sword & shield tank in your party or a mage with buffed up barriers. Warriors with guard-generating abilities won't lose health, just guard, which is like another health bar.

My main character is a sword + shield and he very rarely takes damage to his health bar. Keep the bad guys taunted and focused on your warrior. Nobody else should be taking damage.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Harder with a controller it seems.

What? I thought you can have multiple chars as long as you keep track of your manual save games (you can rename them I think). The Autosave is "global" though.

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    As far as i know you can only create a new char if you start a new game.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Good to know, I was just about to show a friend the game and let him start a new char...wont do that then.

Pity :(

Edit - But then again...check this out.
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718650-dragon-age-inquisition/70627405

I cant double check this ingame since I'm not at home.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Well, my game's broken now.

BEX64 crash when launching it, and googling is leading to not much (one for fifa15 about unplugging contorllers, nada).

edit, disabling origin in game overlay (yet again) worked for me, if anyone comes across this.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    You can have several characters at once, however I don't believe you can customize them further after the chargen section. :)
    (You can switch between active characters in the load menu and also delete them if desired.)

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Oh char customisation don't matter that much to me although I did have to remake my char once since my first one was somewhat ugly :D But they're all ugly when they frown in cinematics :p

A barber shop in Haven or something would be a nice addition :)

18. WildAce

WildAce Guest

GPU:
    3x 4GB AMD 290's
    actually Energy Barrage damage type is completely based on staff damage type so if you have a fire staff energy barrage is fire time, cold staff its cold ect.

Energy barrage is the first attack in the lightning tree going to the right. one of the best attacks for a mage.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    can u open thi***351;s a bit pls. i sometimes randomly make combos and have no idea how it works.

20. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    what NVidia drivers are you guys using?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.