AMD Catalyst 14.11.2 BETA (14.301.1013.0 November 17)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. darkjj

darkjj Guest

How's ur Surface Format Optimization setting? Try ON if its off And OFF if its on.

2. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    Tried both on and off, still crashes.

3. darkjj

darkjj Guest

Hmmzz Physx installed from nvidia? i dont.. And whats with 13.251 whql?

4. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Drive usage has no impact on Far Cry 4 apart from maybe loading the game. Looking at drive usage while playing, 0% always.

5. Titan29

Titan29 Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 | 7900XTX
    I uninstalled PhysX but the issue is there (although PhysX is disabled in game settings).

Do you have windows 7 or 8?

6. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I hate when bugs like this happen. They are difficult to resolve and usually only solution is to reinstall os and unfortunately that's what i suggest to do after two things:
    - remove temp and prefetch files, reboot pc
    - set batman's executables to run as administrator, universal instruction how to perform it you can find here:
    http://pcgamingfaq.net/winginst.php

If none of these will resolve the problem unfortunately the only "fix" is to reinstall OS.

Just FYI, when i had windows 10 technical preview installed i played and finished batman arkham city goty without single crash.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  7. darkjj

darkjj Guest

Using 8.1

8. darkjj

darkjj Guest

He already used it on different os'es

9. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    So the only other thing i could blame is hyperthreading which is known of make some games crash or stutter. I would try the game with disabled HT.

10. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    I installed this beta and got the "black screen of death" within an hour. Back to 14.4.
    I'm running out of patience. I have the latest generation card and have to use somewhat ancient driver for it. That blows ass.

11. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
    Hi everyone

I´m a new member in this forum, and this is my first post :)

I have the same problem with this driver and previous beta, but in this beta is far worst than previous.

No issues with 14.9 WHQL.

12. jamek

jamek Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming
    Smoothness Issues

We would rate Far Cry 4's smoothness overall below average due to the fact that there is a consistent stuttering on AMD GPUs currently. We tested AMD R9 290X and R9 290 with the latest 14.11.2 Beta driver and experienced an odd consistent stutter as you play the game. It is annoying and distracts from the gameplay experience. The stutter is not present on GTX 970 or GTX 980.

This is also unacceptable for a high profile and highly expected game. Once again, AMD gaming base is getting a machete to the knee in this game. Perhaps future patches or drivers will fix this stuttering. We did not have time yet to pin it down to any specific quality setting, but we will see if anyone setting can be attributed to the stuttering in our full evaluation. Perhaps future game patches and or drivers will fix this. Right now, the smoothest gameplay is on GTX 970 and 980.

[​IMG]

source: http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/11/21/far_cry_4_video_card_performance_iq_preview/3

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  13. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Every time I tried to install this driver, I get some error shortly after like AMD Application Failure or something.
    Tried numerous times.Anyway, hit OK and it installs the driver just fine with some error on the final screen.
    Tried reading what opens in browser, says everything was installed successfully just on the very bottom on that page it says something like AMD Application failure two times in a row.

I used DDU, fresh install, etc.

It says 14.11.2 BETA under Catalyst version so I just stopped being bothered and trying to figure out what was the error so I'll just assume it's a bug or something.

Going to test some games now and I'll report back later.

14. darkjj

darkjj Guest

SOLUTION: Go to your Documents\My Games\Far Cry 4\Your Profile\Gamerprofile.xml

Open with your notepad or any editor.

Make sure you have the following set:

DisableLoadingMip0="1"

GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  15. jamek

jamek Guest

GPU:
    R9 270x Gaming
    I think this solution is decreasing image qualite or creating pop in, i'll try update 1.4.0 and see

16. darkjj

darkjj Guest

You could see some pop in textures but most of the time you wont notice them, Its a great tweak especially when you like to drive. No decrease in Quality.

17. tiganho

tiganho Guest

GPU:
    HD 6850 1GB GDDR5 256BITS
    taking the bug, my wallpaper does not appear,
    http://prntscr.com/58youf
    this driver did I have a good performance in many games like BF3 is a little better. This driver makes me BF4 mill, but playable. Ryse now I can play, and Far Cry 4 has improved about 15%
    But my card is warmer, even with her disabled....

18. Daemonjax

Daemonjax Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 4070ti super
    The regkey for powertune ("PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable") is missing in these drivers.

I need to set it to atleast +40% to get around the powertune's TDP throttling.

Anyone have a work-around?

19. darkjj

darkjj Guest

Why not add the regkey with regedit if you know its missing.

20. Daemonjax

Daemonjax Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 4070ti super
    I'll give it a shot, but I'm unsure if it will have the desired effect, since I can currently adjust powertune from 0 to 20, but can't find the entry for the maximum value in the registry (14 in hex = 20 in dec). That maximum value has to be somewhere... just not where it's been in the past.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014